• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pull the Plug?

Pull the plug?

• Total voters

Scytheteen

What is mine is yours
Years
    • NY
    • Seen Jan 29, 2014
    Beat me to it. Life means a chance of recovery, no matter how small. Even 1/100th of a percent would be enough for me.

So you would rather spend/have your family spend all that money on a useless body that has almost no chance of waking up? What if that body is in pain? You would need to put your emotions aside and think about the person's feelings.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
  • If I go down, others will go with me.

I'm not sure. I'm scared of what happens when I die. The WORST thing is what my sister said, we may not exist-hence why I believe in Christianity. So, I would say, yes, barely.

So help me, I want a freaking FANCY funeral. I WANT TO BE BURIED. NOT CREMATED.

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
  • If that body is in pain, then it's obviously not braindead.

There have been too many medical miracles for me to simply allow myself to be unplugged.

Years
  • It depends. If I had no chance of making a full recovery and just have mashed potatoes for brains I would want to go. If I had a chance to make a full recovery then I wouldn't want the plug pulled.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    If there was a possible cure, but it would take years for them to find it, then I want the plug pulled. If there was no cure at all, then I would want the plug pulled. I don't want to waste the thousands of dollars towards medical bills that my parents could use to make their lives better by laying in a hospital bed for years. Besides, I think it would be easier for my parents to know that I'm gone rather than wait for that slight chance that I would wake up.

I guess what makes my decision easier is that I believe in reincarnation, so I figure I'll come back in some form.

So yeah, no matter what, I would like the plug pulled on me. Better to use whatever work that would go in to trying to save me with the small chance on someone that has a better chance.

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Pull it, guys, pull it! Take the organs, burn the body and save the money! Life is always better without me around anyway (or so I thought).

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • Well, If I had at least a 50% of surviving and returning back to a normal or at least somewhat normal like state within 3 months I'd not want them to pull the plug on me. Also if there was no cure or chance of recovery availble within 3-6 months I'd want the plug pulled right away. Other than that I'd rather them just let me die. It's not that I hate life I'd just not want them to suffer if the odds were stacked against me anyway.

Years
  • If there was a decent chance of me getting better, then I'd want to remain plugged in. In a case like that, I wouldn't want to give up too easily.

However, if I've gone far enough, and there's next to no chance of any improvement, then pull it. I can't stand the thought of being nothing more than a vegetable for any extended period of time - it literally scares me. I would rather just go out then instead of being forced to cling to whatever scrap of a life I might have left at that time.

Merzbau

it's just a ride.
    Years
  • My life is too precious to me to end it any sooner than it might if I left myself alive.

And besides, who knows, I might get better!

But people should make that decision on their own. If someone wants to die, they have the right to that.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • If there was no way of me being able to recover and I would be stuck in a bed all the time then yes I would want them to Pull the plug as I wouldn't want them to keep seeing me hooked up to loads of machines and wouldn't want to be doing nothing.

If I could get better then I would stay on the life support and fight to get back with my family.

Tamaki

☆ Puh puh puh poker face ☆
    Years
  • i say pull the plug. why go on living? is it even living to sit there and suffer?

Allen-kun

Banned
    Years
  • If there was a percent of change I could survive then they can leave me on it.

But if I were to live like that forever, then I'd rather than pull the plug on me, since it would cost heaps and I wouldn't want my parents to pay for a vegetable to stay alive...

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2008
    Ok, this thread is sick, but I like it.

Yes, I would... Reasons purely to myself such as: Life is to live... Not to be braindead...

Back