• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Que Nacionalidade e voc?? (What's your Nationality?)

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
    Que Nacionalidade e voc?? (What's your Nationality?)

Hey everyone.. We dont have a thead on this do we lol. Anyways Here you can share what your nationality is, What your traditions are, what languages you speak and things of that nature... Im scared to go first lol..
    *Dizzy*

Sayuri no Hoshi

♥ i'm loving angels instead ♥
    Years
    Dizzy said:
    Hey everyone.. We dont have a thead on this do we lol. Anyways Here you can share what your nationality is, What your traditions are, what languages you speak and things of that nature... Im scared to go first lol..
    *Dizzy*
    Okay, I guess I'll say mine. I'm all Italian--except, my Mom says that our great-great (or more greats...O_o) grandfather was from Spain. My Mom usually cooks all forms of Italian meals and desserts. In Massachusetts, there's a section of Boston called "The North End." That's the most Italian place in the state. We have feasts there and block parties for all occasions of the year. It's like a mini New York--since they do it in "Little Italy" there. You can walk around and eat the most delicious pastries and there's a place called "Umberto's Galleria" there, too. They have the best pizza and "arancini," which are stuffed rice balls. We go there every year. The North End resembles Venice in some areas, although there are no canals, lol. Christmas Eve is the more important to Italians than the actual day of Christmas. We eat around 5:30 PM and have lot of fish and different meats. It's always been a tradition to go to my aunt's house that night and we stay past midnight every time. It's so much fun. That's the only time I speak Italian, too. Woo, Italians! O_o Anyway, that's pretty much all I can think of at the moment.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 13, 2006
    Me no comprende title. :P
    I'm half chinese and vietnamese. Can't think of any traditiions. The languages I speak are cantonese, mandarin, vietnamese and of course mainly english.

*~Ashley~*

♥ Matt
    Years
    Sayuri no Hoshi said:
    Okay, I guess I'll say mine. I'm all Italian--except, my Mom says that our great-great (or more greats...O_o) grandfather was from Spain. My Mom usually cooks all forms of Italian meals and desserts. In Massachusetts, there's a section of Boston called "The North End." That's the most Italian place in the state. We have feasts there and block parties for all occasions of the year. It's like a mini New York--since they do it in "Little Italy" there. You can walk around and eat the most delicious pastries and there's a place called "Umberto's Galleria" there, too. They have the best pizza and "arancini," which are stuffed rice balls. We go there every year. The North End resembles Venice in some areas, although there are no canals, lol. Christmas Eve is the more important to Italians than the actual day of Christmas. We eat around 5:30 PM and have lot of fish and different meats. It's always been a tradition to go to my aunt's house that night and we stay past midnight every time. It's so much fun. That's the only time I speak Italian, too. Woo, Italians! O_o Anyway, that's pretty much all I can think of at the moment.

Well... I'm Irish, English, and Italian mostly. We do a lot of the same things Sayuri mentioned. Like the Christmas Eve dinner. We go to church (we being my family and my cousin's family) at 5 while my nonna stays home to cook dinner. So we end up eating around 6. We have tons of pasta (for holidays we usually have either ravioli or lasagna) and a lot of meats and fish too... except I don't really like fish. But then we open gifts and after that it's time for dessert! Italians eat a lot of dessert. My grandmothr makes this thing called bianco mangiati... it's a half chocolate half vanilla flavored jello-y type thing. I don't know how to describe it. There's also an Italian bakery a few blocks away called "Chimirri's" But everyone always pronounces the
    "ch" like they do in English rather than the "k" sound. We get a whole bunch of pastrys from there... like canolis and in the summer we get almond ice from there too... I can't think of the translation of almond ice right now though... but it's really good.

Basicallythe only Italian traditions I have are eating a lot on holidays and having big get-together parties. I really don't enjoy those though... Italian relatives can get annoying. So I hang out with my cousins and try to avoid the relatives. But at least I know those relatives unlike on my Irish side which I see once a year on Christmas...

I don't speak Italian though... I can... a little. I used to be able to but there's been no need. My nonna speaks English so I don't need to speak Italian to her. But I do understand it quite well when it's spoken to me...

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    I'm a lot of things but mainly mexican and brazialian.
    I have *BREATH*japanese italian african fijian russian spanish mexican brazilian maya and malayjin blood in me but mainly i'm mexican/brazilian....I know how to speak english spanish swahili *very little* some japanese a little mong and some french mainly i use spanish and english though.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    I'm American, and I speak English y yo puedo hablo alguno espa?ol, pero mi gram?tica es atroz...

I also plan to learn Japanese when I'm in college.

As for my nationality, I'm Irish/Cherokee/French/Frankish...believe it or not I'm directly descended from Holy Roman Emperor Charlemagne and 4 French Kings...

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I am bicultural...mixed white and hispanic.

I despise my white half of my family, so I really consider myself Mexican (even tho I'm pale as can be).
    My mom makes great Mexican food (only my grandmother can make the best tamales ever!!) My favorite dish is fajita tacos, but I like mol? a lot too.
    As far as cultural traditions and stuff, we've pretty much lost them through time. My mom used to petition to make Cinco de Mayo a student holiday when I was in elementary school. This isn't really associated with Mexican culture, but it is common in my area of the country for Hispanics (especially new Immigrants from Mexico) become bound closely to Roman Catholicism. That's why my parents are pushing me to be confirmed.

Oh, look,I ranted. Time for me to go now.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    I'm American, and I speak English. I was born in Hawaii, but I don't look like a native or anything, lol. ^_^; I do know a little bit of the Hawaiian language though, and I can also speak some Japanese. I'm pretty sure that I have like some German and Swedish in me... My last name is German.

That's all. XD Very interesting, huh? Our family doesn't have any traditions, we just do fun normal stuff.

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
    I'm a Chinese Canadian, both my parents are Chinese.

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
    Sayuri no Hoshi said:

Omg.. Thats so freeky, In New Bedford (Just south of Boston :)) I live in the North End and thats where most of the Portuguese People live... Thats So Scary!! lol People that are portuguese live in the South end too..
    If you didnt catch the title It was in Portuguese...
    As for my nationality, I'm Irish/Cherokee/French/Frankish...believe it or not I'm directly descended from Holy Roman Emperor Charlemagne and 4 French Kings...

Ahhhh Charlemagne.... Did I ever tell you guys that About that Picture with The Hagia Sophia thingy? Its from like a million years ago and My Grandmother says that we descended from Empress Theodora and Emperor Justinian... I wanna find the Picture and take a picture of it :).. Thats so freakky..

Last edited:

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Oooh...Emperor Justinian and Empress Theodora...that's some very fine ancestry. It's always interesting to hear who people know they're descended from...I suppose since I'm descended from Charlemagne, that also means I'm descended from two other famous Frankish kings: Pepin the Short, and Charles Martel (also known as Charles the Hammer) ... who are Charlemagne's father and grandfather respectively...

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Yep, that's him! Interesting that the fate of part of Europe was in his hands at one time... History is so fascinating, especially my own family history :P

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
    I wonder what religion Theodora was... But I'm getting wayyyyy offtopic... actually we can talk about World and Family History about your nation in this thread..

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Justinian was the emperor of the Byzantine Empire, wasn't he? So if he was, I suppose it would stand to reason that Theodora was Christian (although whether she'd be Catholic/Eastern Orthodox I'm not sure...)

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    My family's mexican, we used to be Catholics, but we switched to Christian cus God-knows-why O_o;;; We don't celebrate Halloween cus my family believes its satanic -_-;; Dunno why, I love halloween o_O;;

*dies*

BlastBurn

The Fire Expert
    Years
    Im Canadian and I speak Engish and about one eighth of French(forced to take french at school until grade 9)i wish I could learn japanese istead of French lol

Back