• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector
    Years
    I have a question about events: I was offered, many months ago, to receive the GameStop Deoxys almost a week ahead of time, because the staff at the local GameStop already had it. I turned it down, but what if I hadn't? Would that event be slightly rarer because it was on a different date than the official ones, or would it lose all value for the same reason?

EDIT: Cal, take your babies into a lv. 100 Wi-Fi battle, don't do anything but copy down all the stats, then disconnect and plug them into an IV calculator. Easiest way.

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
    How does one find out what a babies IV's are?

From no experience at Lv. 1, I would advise you go to the Battle Stadium IV battle sticky. In essence, you take your Level One Pokémon and put them in a battle to boost their stats to lv. 100 temporarily. You note down the stats, and then search for an IV calculator on the internet. Input your species, nature and stats, and you will get a 100% accurate reading of their IVs.

I have a question about events: I was offered, many months ago, to receive the GameStop Deoxys almost a week ahead of time, because the staff at the local GameStop already had it. I turned it down, but what if I hadn't? Would that event be slightly rarer because it was on a different date than the official ones, or would it lose all value for the same reason?

I'm not sure about this one; I would assume that you would not have been believed and people would say you simply set your DS' date back a week before talking to the PokéMart guy.

MadaraUchiha.

Typhlosion Master
    Years
    All pokemon games have 2 games out then come out with a third: Red/Blue-Yellow Gold/Silver-Crystal Ruby/Sapphire-Emerald Diamond/Pearl-Platinum except remakes : FireRed/LeafGreen HeartGold/SoulSilver and they all can communicate with one another.

jolteon.

asdfasdfasdf
    Years
    I mainly use my DSi to play games, and sometime I use my other DS to play. At the end of the day, I usually play a bit longer using my DS before midnight. Then it turns to midnight on my DSi instead of the other DS. Does this still count as time travelling and does it affect my berries/daily things such as swarms, re-battling gym leaders, etc.)

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2009
    GTS help

I need help i want to get legendarys on my pokedex and there is no way so anybody willing to show their rare pokemon.

______________________________________________________________________________
    NAME:brock
    FC:4383-0241-1055

Years
    Is cloning considered hacking? I guess another question would be are cloned pokemon still legit?

Since you're not using an external device to obtain Pokemon, no. Cloned Pokemon are considered legit (although the circumstances may change depending on who you're trading with... then again, you don't have to tell them since they won't know the difference ;)).

jolteon.

asdfasdfasdf
    Years
    Depends where you are. If you're already done with the game then just slap on EXP share, and go to the elite four.

Also does anyone know the answer to my question?

Johnny590

It's cute how you think I care
    Years
    Where is a good spot to train Rhyhorn lvl 30 in Platinum?

If you are done, use an Exp. share and elite four the hell out of it.

If not, I suggest either Iron Island (Lots of Steel and Rock types, if your Rhyhorn knows decent Ground moves it can manage), Route 218 (East of Canalave City, it has Pokemon between levels 28 and 30. You gotta watch out for the Flotzel's and Gastrodons, though), You could also try either Routes 213 or 214, it has pokemon in the mid twenties with average exp. ranging between 350 and 550.

Don't forget your Vs. Seeker, which works for almost ANY trainer battle. Use it on trainers with Pokemon with lots of exp, like the Collector in Route 214 who has 3 Eevee evolutions that give 1.1k exp each.

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
    Years
    I need help i want to get legendarys on my pokedex and there is no way so anybody willing to show their rare pokemon.
    You don't have to trade for them, they are viewable in-game.
    (I guess this is for National Dex right?)

===Diamond/Pearl===
    Dialga(P)/Palkia(D): Celestic Town, speak to the elder, and she'll show you.
    Dialga(D)/Palkia(P): Spear Pillar, in the Story Events there you'll need to battle it.
    Azelf + Uxie: Catch them, they are in their lakes.
    Mesprit: Will fly off after you approach it, but your dex will register it.

===Platinum===
    Dialga + Palkia: Celestic Town, can't remember when, but it has something to do with the elder
    Giratina: Seen during the Spear Pillar + Distortion World event.
    Rotom: Old Chateau, Room with the TV at night
    Azelf, Mesprit and Uxie: Same as above
    Manaphy: Canalave Library(i think... some book at least "/)

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2009
    In pokemon Platinum how can I get a hitmonchan lower than level 20? (more specsifically Level 16. )

So I can get bullet punch.

Thanks in advance.

luxray_12

Loving the originals
    Years
    there is another besides getting one below level 16. take your hitmonchan to the move tutor in pastoria city. if you give him a heart scale he will teach it bullet punch.
    hope this helps.

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2009
    luxray_12 thank you for the help .

I've got one last question

Is there a way to get multiple TM42s (facade) in game

Outside out hacking.

Back