• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Druid

she's not anyone...
    Years
    I have a question about Heatran. I'm playing in DIamond by the way. So I finished going through the cave the first time, I beat my rival, etc. Now I decided to go through it again to get Heatran. After using many max repels to get through the dungeon and to Heatran's cave, there was nothing there. What am I doing wrong? Is it a Platinum exclusive?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I have a question about Heatran. I'm playing in DIamond by the way. So I finished going through the cave the first time, I beat my rival, etc. Now I decided to go through it again to get Heatran. After using many max repels to get through the dungeon and to Heatran's cave, there was nothing there. What am I doing wrong? Is it a Platinum exclusive?
    After running through the cave teamed up with Buck, he will leave to go to the Survival Area in one of the houses once he obtained the Lava Rock. You must find him there, talk to him, and he will tell you how removing the Lava Rock awakened a Pokémon. This Pokémon will be Heatran, the one you are searching for. From here, you can go back to Stark Mountain, enter the cave and you will find Heatran available for you to battle and capture.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Fairly sure you have to talk to Buck after you do that. Try going back after that and he/she should be there. Don't forget to save!

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2011
    Vitamins in EV training

Okay, I know vitamins are used to speed along EV training (i.e. you can only use 10 per category), but I had an idea. Assuming the money was there, would it be beneficial to use 10 vitamins on all of a given Pokemon's stats (e.g. giving Charizard 10 irons for defense, even though I should be EV training it's Sp. Attack).

I don't know that much about EV training as you can see :'(

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Definitely not. Vitamins automatically add 10 EVs of their respective stat to your pokemon. Since EVs cap at 255, using vitamins in any stat other than the ones you're focusing on is wasting your EVs.

Last edited:

Dj2030

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2011

Did you get the stone back from that Girl who took it?

Years
    Did you get the stone back from that Girl who took it?

In case you didn't notice, Buck is a male. O_O Also, you never get it back from him. All you need to do is talk to him after you go through the mountain the first time, and then Heatran will show up once you go through it again.

Years
    The game you are migrating from must be the same religion as the one you are using to migrate, so if you are using an European Platinum, you can't import from a Japanese Emerald for example

They are the same religion (USA), but it is still not allowing me to migrate - Please help?

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
    Years
    Can you launch the GBA game from the home screen?
    It might be too damaged so that the game does not recognize it as a game...
    Also check that:
    1) You have the National Dex
    2) You have beaten the Weak Five
    3) You have the Pokédex and at least 7 Pokémons caught in the GBA game
    4) It is bootable

Divine~Deoxys

You also need at least 6 pokes in your pc on GBA (they migrate in 6s). Also, none of your GBA pokemon can have HMs, or it doesn't let you migrate them.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Where is the Sky Plate? I read that it was near the exit of Victory Road but I cant find it!

To obtain the Sky Plate, you have to fly to the Pokémon League and go down the waterfall. Once you've reached the bottom of the waterfall, use your itemfinder on the pokétch and begin searching for it there. You do not go into Victory Road for it at all.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I searched everywhere, and I'm sure I didnt find it and didnt sell it cos I never found it in the first place.....
    Anybody have a pic of exactly where it is?

The Sky Plate should be located at the bottom of the waterfall, or close around the area of the Pokémon League. I suggest trying to look again, as sometimes a person can miss things on the first try. Don't forget the itemfinder can help you search for the location of it as well. If you are still having too much trouble, then you can always go underground and try digging up for it, but it may take a little longer to obtain it underground.

solopy567

Giga....Drill....BREAKER! !!!!
    Years
    That's why I'm asking if someone has an exact picture of where it is, so it can show me where to get it exactly. I know that plates have a very small blinking dot when they are found on the itemfinder, but I didnt find anything like that.

And another thing, where can i get TM73 Thunder Wave?

Back