• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    Syked
    Where is the guy who teaches you deleted moves in Platinum?

I need to teach my Gyrados Dragon Dance...what move should I delete from his moveset: Waterfall, Dragon Pulse, Blizzard, Avalanche...
    Pastoria, in a house a little southeast of the Pokemon center. The man accepts Heart Scales to tutor your Pokemon old moves. These scales can be randomly found on wild Luvdisc or Underground. Get rid of......... Blizzard.

And what is the ideal moveset for these Pokemon:

Absol, Raichu, Torterra, Staraptor (Knows Fly), Arcanine, and Gyrados...my team.

Your best bet is either browse Smogon.com or to post here. However, if this team is ingame, teach whatever you want, mostly attack moves. In game trainers are fairly easy to defeat.

Years
    It is in game but I think after I fully go through everything, I'm going to start training up a competition team, BUT, I have no clue on how to EV train, breed, etc.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    Well... There is always time to learn.

Description of EVs is here.

Browse aforementioned Smogon site for general movesets for your Pokemon.

Feel free to post in this thread if you need a moveset for a Pokemon.

For general questions about battling strategies and for requesting individual movesets, post in this thread.

Basically, the Strategies forum is ideal for you. There are many other helpful stickies.

I know it's a lot, but you have a lot of resources and helpers. :P

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
    The moverelearner is in Pastoria City.
    As for the movesets:
    Gyarados: Dragon Dance, Ice Fang, Waterfall, Earthquake.
    Staraptor: Return, Brave Bird, Close Combat, U-Turn
    Arcanine: Fire Fang, Thunder Fang, Extremespeed, Will-o-Wisp/Crunch (Crunch is preferred, Growlithe learns it at level 42 if you didn't evolve it earlier)
    Absol: Swords Dance, Psycho Cut, Payback, Fire Blast
    Torterra: Earthquake, Wood Hammer, Crunch, Curse
    Raichu: Thunderbolt, Nasty Plot, Grass Knot, Focus Blast.
    These are some personal preferrances.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Unidentified Flying Aces

This looks fine, although you could swap Ice Punch for Earthquake for more coverage (Feral has Ice).

Ditch Water Pulse for Shadow Ball (for Medicham). Your concern is the Battle Frontier, not the E4 now.

This looks fine, but why did you say that Feraligatr is level 36? Surely it must be level 50 in the Battle Arcade... Level it up if not.

Your team appears to focus on sweepers... As you have two physical sweepers, I suggest that you ditch one (probably Feral, lower base stats IIRC) and pick up a bulkier Pokemon, such as Cresselia. Her ability, Levitate, complements Vire's/Lucario's weakness. If you foresee Earthquake, switch out to Cress and take no damage.

A good Cresselia set would be:

Bold
    252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
    ~ Reflect
    ~ Moonlight / Rest
    ~ Ice Beam
    ~ Thunder Wave / Psychic

Reflect helps with your teams mostly physical weaknesses, Ice Beam takes over from Feral, T-Wave helps your somewhat slow sweepers, and Moonlight is for Cress to obviously heal.

Be sure to abuse the game board in Arcade to your advantage...

If you're already caught a Cress and she isn't Bold or another suitable nature, maybe try GTS or the Trade Corner. :(

Would a Calm Mesprit or Bashful Uxie do the same trick?

And yes, i've levelled up Feraligatr.

or would Gengar work?

His set:
    Shadow Ball
    Thunderbolt
    Focus Blast
    Dark Pulse (his HP is dragon, kinda fail).

I was thinking i could use:

Feraligatr
    Gengar
    Mesprit/Uxie/(if i really have to go get the darn thing)Cresselia

And is Latias bannned?i have a shsiny modest one with Surf/Grass Knot/Psychic/Dragon Pulse that just needs levelled up

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
    Hey guys.

I was just wondering: In my Platinum's Mystery Gift, there is an option called "Receive from friend". Now, both me and my friend have the Oak's Letter to receive Shaymin, but both of our Shaymins are crappy. I thought "Hmm.. maybe I can restart my game, do this WiFi thingy with my friend, and then I can get a new, better Shaymin?"

I just need confirmation from you guys: IF I restart my game, can I then receive an Oak's Letter from my friend's Mystery Gift?

Pictures if you don't understand what I mean:
    https://i46.tinypic.com/9bhf8h.jpg <-- I love you Platinum :D
    https://i49.tinypic.com/2rrryuu.jpg <-- The "Receive from a friend" option

ConnoRAWR

Twitter Username; ConnoRAWR :D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2014
    Right just watched the Arceus movie, and both me and my friend wondered...
    If Dialga controlled time
    And Palkia space,
    Then what was Giratina.
    Yeah, our memory isnt that good >.<

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I was wondering.....is there anywhere where i can see a Bulbasaur in Platinum?
    Or any of the hoenn starters.

But not in Battle Frontier, i want to search GTS for them

Back