• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2013
    nintendo dsi

i have a question, but it is about nintendo dsi.

do i have a way to transfer data from older pkmn games with the dsi or must have a nintendo ds??

'cus i have the diamond and i can't use the pal park =S

thank you

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I have no ideas.

However, on Diamond i had a lv.66 with UT EVs, and battled against hers, and it outsped me.Only beat it coz it used Giga Impact while i used Dragon Claw.

So i'd guess it has perfect IVs at least. And i think Battle Frontier Brains have EV'd pokemon aswell.I've only ever beaten Argenta without EVing my pokemon properly

World King

Twilight Silver Beast
    Years
    Does any one know if the E4 pokemon have base stats for the level they are, or are they modified? Would Cynthia's Garchomp in Plt have no EVs and the basic IVs of 31?
    I dunno aboutt the base stats, but Cynthia's Pokémon all do have 31 IVs.

i have a question, but it is about nintendo dsi.

do i have a way to transfer data from older pkmn games with the dsi or must have a nintendo ds??

'cus i have the diamond and i can't use the pal park =S

thank you
    I'm afraid not. You need a DS or DS Lite to use Pal Park,

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    I just got a power bracer. It says I get 4 evs regardless of the pokemon. Does this mean I can fight anything and get 4 attack EV's, or 4 EV's from any pokemon that gives at least 1 attack EV?

Years
    You get 4 attack EVs regardless of the Pokemon you battle along with the EVs they normally give. If a Pokemon normally gives 1 HP EV, then you get 4 attack EVs and 1 HP EV. If a Pokemon normally gives 1 attack EV, then you get 5 attack EVs.

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
    In Platinum they can be obtained by showing a man in the Pokemon News Press the Pokemon that he asked to see. Also, in Platinum a Pokemon with the ability Pickup can pick Heart Scales up if the pokemon is Level 51 or higher.

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2010
    how can I clone a pokemon because when I get a eevee...i want to try to get all it evolution

and how can make a pokemon happy because I have some pokemon that evolve by happiness

World King

Twilight Silver Beast
    Years
    how can I clone a pokemon because when I get a eevee...i want to try to get all it evolution

and how can make a pokemon happy because I have some pokemon that evolve by happiness
    1) Either using the GTS glitch in Diamond or Pearl, or with a cheating device (usually an Action Replay).

2) You can make it happy by using Vitamins on them, EV-reducing berries, healing items, when they gain a level, or by giving them massages in Veilstone or the Resort Area.

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2010
    ok thank you

I have some pokemon i got from trade and half the time..they arent listening to me...how can i fix that?

Ru-Kun

bleh...
    Years
    If a Pokemon is holding a Focus Band and it uses explosion or Self Destruct will the Pokemon survive with one HP left?

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
    i have a question i would like solved please :) .
    i have plent of pkmn with pkrs, if they get cured do they still get double EV's, just cant spread pkrs, or no double EV's too?

thanks in advance

§1

Rocket grunt
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2022
    how do timer balls work?

does the catch rate go up from just my turns, the wild pokemon's turns, or both?

do timer balls get better during the turns i'm throwing balls?

and, do they have a max catch rate?

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
    The catch rate of Timer Balls increases as your battle gets longer and longer. The detailed catch rate of Timer Ball is as follows:
    Catch Rate of Timer Balls:
    1× if used before 10 turns have passed
    2× if used when between 10 and 20 turns have passed
    3× if used when between 20 and 30 turns have passed
    4× if used after 30 or more turns have passed

And no, they can't have a max catch rate.

§1

Rocket grunt
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2022
    The catch rate of Timer Balls increases as your battle gets longer and longer. The detailed catch rate of Timer Ball is as follows:
    Catch Rate of Timer Balls:
    1× if used before 10 turns have passed
    2× if used when between 10 and 20 turns have passed
    3× if used when between 20 and 30 turns have passed
    4× if used after 30 or more turns have passed

And no, they can't have a max catch rate.

does my turn + the wild pokemon's turn = +2
    or +1?

Back