• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    ok thanks (looks like it would be awile till i evolve eevee :3

...If that is why you were asking about where to find a Leaf Stone, then you should know that Eevee does not evolve into Leafeon that way. It actually evolves by leveling up near a special rock in Eterna Forest.

Benzee

I got your number, on the wall
    Years
    Score

Does anyone know what "Score" means? It's on the Trainer Card on Pokemon Platinum, and I'm not quite sure what it's all about.

Years
    It's just there for bragging rights. Doesn't really affect gameplay at all. It increases every time you win a battle or catch a Pokemon or do other things.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    You know how there is the Regigigas event right now in Toys R Us in the US?

Well, I have one of the Japanese versions of the Gigas' (via trading on here), and I was wondering if the Japanese Regigigas would still unlock the three Regi's on an English Platinum.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    You know how there is the Regigigas event right now in Toys R Us in the US?

Well, I have one of the Japanese versions of the Gigas' (via trading on here), and I was wondering if the Japanese Regigigas would still unlock the three Regi's on an English Platinum.
    I'm pretty sure it does. :]

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    ...If that is why you were asking about where to find a Leaf Stone, then you should know that Eevee does not evolve into Leafeon that way. It actually evolves by leveling up near a special rock in Eterna Forest.
    I know that i was asking about the leaf stone for future reffrence.

My latest question:Are the stones rare underground (ive been looking for a half hour)

Years
    I know that i was asking about the leaf stone for future reffrence.

My latest question:Are the stones rare underground (ive been looking for a half hour)

I think that they're very rare to find if you haven't beat the game yet. After you beat the game, I think they become much more common. I'm going by D/P's statistics so I may be wrong.

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
    Help with a gym strategy

Ok, so I got Platinum today and im in Pastoria City. I challenged the gym bout 10 times and lost. My strongest pokemon are:

Infernape lvl 41(Flame Wheel, Mach Punch, Grass Knot, Close Combat)
    Starly lvl 11(fly, wing attack, tackle, quick attack)

I havent done much battling with wild pokemon...so, my pokes ain't that strong. So, any tips? Or should I head back to Sandgem Town and train with my weaker pokemon?

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    If you're trying to do a powerhouse challenge, you know, using only one well trained Pokemon to complete the game, then you're going to need to train Infernape a bit more before challenging Wake.

If that's not you're objective, I suggest training that Starly up to the same level and catching a bunch of other Pokemon to help you.

Years
    Ok, so I got Platinum today and im in Pastoria City. I challenged the gym bout 10 times and lost. My strongest pokemon are:

Infernape lvl 41(Flame Wheel, Mach Punch, Grass Knot, Close Combat)
    Starly lvl 11(fly, wing attack, tackle, quick attack)
    Hmm, considering Infernape weighs like 121 pounds, Grass Knot might not be the best thing for him. :[ I mean, it's light, but really. :x
    Why not catch a grass pokemon or an electric pokemon to assist you against the water types that are crasher wake's pokemon?
    You can catch a Pikachu/Pichu in Backlot's Trophy Garden, or catch a Shinx. Or, Roselia is a good grass type for the beginning of the game, I think. :p Why not catch one?

Since your main pokemon is Fire, it's at a disadvantage, is it not? :[

Katsu-Bang

Nankurunasai~
    Years
    I breeded my ideal team all except Turtwig on my Pearl and traded it over to Platnium today so I could start raising them altogether but after they all hit level 10, they just stopped listening to me. . . I know it's because I got them in a trade. . .
    So my question is, at which gym do you get the abilities to use traded Pokemon in battle without them ignorning you?
    I'm a little annoyed because I worked so hard to raise them so I'd like to know how long I have to put up with this ignoring stuff. . .

Years
    Hmm, considering Infernape weighs like 121 pounds, Grass Knot might not be the best thing for him. :[ I mean, it's light, but really. :x

I just want to say that Grass Knot is a good option for Infernape in a competitive setting.

I breeded my ideal team all except Turtwig on my Pearl and traded it over to Platnium today so I could start raising them altogether but after they all hit level 10, they just stopped listening to me. . . I know it's because I got them in a trade. . .
    So my question is, at which gym do you get the abilities to use traded Pokemon in battle without them ignorning you?
    I'm a little annoyed because I worked so hard to raise them so I'd like to know how long I have to put up with this ignoring stuff. . .

8th gym/Volkner.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Objection!

*Phoenix Wright music playing in the background*

I am sorry, jigglyppuff8, but there is one contradiction in what you just said. You said that you can make sure that your pokemon will always listen to you when beaten the 8th Gym. That is true... and yet false as well! The very first Gym that allows you to use traded pokemon is the 2nd Gym, is it not? Sure, it can only go to lv. 30, but it still counts! So, it's much shorter than you think!

So, you have to deal with the ignoring stuff until the 2nd Gym, which is much shorter than what jigglyppuff8 just said!

Back