• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2009
    Here you go, here's a complete list of all the pokemon. Click the spoiler to see the list.

Spoiler:

Ai

; ♥ ~
    Years
    Could someone give me some clarification on how to get the third trainer card, the silver one?

Sites say we need to have obtained 50 flags in the Capture The Flag Underground Mini-game. Can we do this with only 1 other game ? Or do we need to get the flags of 50 different people?

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2009
    You get a silver trainer card when you earn 3 stars. To earn stars, you can do the following:

1. Defeat the Elite Four.
    2. Win any one Master Rank Super Contest
    3. Obtain all Battle Frontier Colored Plates
    4. Earn a Platinum flag in the Underground (capture 50 flags)
    5. Capture all 493 Pokemon excluding even pokemon.

You don't need to get all 50 flags from different people btw. :]

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I have a question...when a pokemon knows metronome could they suprisingly use a Pokemon Platinum tutor move?

Years
    Actually, it's much more than 2 or 3 total. The moves that can't be used are Assist, Chatter, Copycat, Counter, Covet, Destiny Bond, Detect, Endure, Feint, Focus Punch, Follow Me, Helping Hand, Me First, Metronome, Mimic, Mirror Coat, Mirror Move, Protect, Sketch, Sleep Talk, Snatch, Switcheroo, Thief, Trick, any move that the Pokemon using it already knows, and Struggle. All other moves are fair game.

EDIT: Yeah, probably only about 2 or 3 Platinum move tutor moves.

Last edited:

-Leaf

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2010
    Huh?
    and i thought seeing a clefairy using roar of time is funny. you can use judgement via metronome?
    and its ok if it would happen in wifi?

Years
    Yes and yes. There are no restrictions on moves you can use on wi-fi.

Although, it's common courtesy that you don't use One hit KO moves (Sheer Cold; OHKO clause), Evasion raising moves (Double Team; evasion clause), or a sleep inducing attack while one of the opponent's Pokemon are already asleep (Sleep clause).

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2009
    I'm trying to get a second metal coat. I caught a Banette with the ability Frisk. I am headed to Iron Island to go find some Steelix. Will Frisk tell me if it is holding a metal coat? Or am I just wasting my time.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Breeding Question.

Is it possible to breed and have the egg hatch and the Pokemon be shiny?
    and
    If so does breeding two shiny Pokemon effect the results?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Yes - any Pokemon that hatches from an egg can be shiny (whether it is or not is determined the moment you get the egg however). And whether the parents were shiny or not has no effect on the offspring being shiny - it will still have the same chance as any other Pokemon.

However, in GSC (2nd gen games), whether the parents were shiny or not did actually affect the chance of Pokemon being shiny or not (as it ran on IVs rather than a separate deciding factor), so it was more liekly to get a shiny Pokemon hatch from an egg if you used a shiny Pokemon as a parent. But that is not the case for any 3rd or 4th gen game.

Last edited:

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
    yeah, even if the parents are shiny, the baby will still have a 1/8192 chance of being shiny. the only things to affect the rate of shinies appearing are chaining (wild pokemon only) and breeding a foreign pokemon with a non-foreign pokemon (which makes it like 1/2000something, still pretty rare).

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    yeah, even if the parents are shiny, the baby will still have a 1/8192 chance of being shiny. the only things to affect the rate of shinies appearing are chaining (wild pokemon only) and breeding a foreign pokemon with a non-foreign pokemon (which makes it like 1/2000something, still pretty rare).

Yes. (To be exact, if I remember correctly, it's 1 in 8192 or something like that).

Ok guys thanks :)
    I think I'm gonna go with the breeding two foreign pokemon. lol

Years
    Wait a minute. Breeding foreign Pokemon together doesn't increase the chances of getting a shiny from an egg. It just increases the rate at which the parents produce eggs, which helps somewhat.

Back