• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Hatenko

Hiya!
Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2010
    In my LeafGreen, I'm trying to get a Squirtle. I've put my male Blastoise in the daycare with a Ditto. Can I expect an egg?

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2010
    In my LeafGreen, I'm trying to get a Squirtle. I've put my male Blastoise in the daycare with a Ditto. Can I expect an egg?
    yes. any gendered pokemon (with the exception these) will produce an egg, but they must be the right egg type. Ditto doesnt really count, so any pokemon you pair with it that is not in the mentioned list will produce an egg

RGS

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2009
    Can egg moves, such as Nasty Plot for a Togepi/Togetic/Togekiss be relearned at the Move Relearner?

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • are there any other rare items that wild pokemon hold, like lucky eggs?

Many berries (I know Rawst comes off many Fire-types, and Oran comes off Bidoof, etc. and a lot of the new ones can be found off misc. targets), Silverpowder, Poison Barb, Metal Coat, King's Rock, Dragon's Scale, Magmarizer, Quick Claw, and most other type-enhancing items, evolutionary items (like Metal Coat, Moon Stone, etc.), expensive items (Tinymushroom, Star Piece, etc.)...

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    Hax'd items?

I traded some Pokemon for a few TMs, however the TMs I recieved may/are probably acquired through hacking. I still have them (and want to use them really) on my legit Pokemon.

Will this cause any problems to my game? And could this be found out if I entered a Tourney with those Pokemon on my cartridge?

Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2009
    Hey quick super newbie question: Does generation IV mean that the DS games only have Gen IV pokemon or do they actually include ALL the pokemon up to date? Like, will I ever find a pikachu one day in platinum?

Ok one more: Is there a way to get your HMs and TMs back? I got return as the first one in Platinum and put it on my little Chimchar but I wonder if one day I want it on someone else...

Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2020
    No, they have all generation pokemon. It depends on the Dex you have though. For example the Sinnoh dex contains mostly Generation IV pokemon, but also some from previous Generations. As far as I know Pikachu is in the Sinnoh Dex, so you can catch it in Trophy Garden, just south of Hearthome City. Check Bulbapedia for the list of Pokemon in the Sinnoh Dex.

Also I have a question

I have a Charmeleon with HP Grass. That's what I've worked it out as, from it's stats (112/71/57/85/92/65). If I level up, will that change its HP type should it's stats change?

Okay so I've levelled it up, and now it'd be HP Electric. Is that right?

Last edited:

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • Hax'd items?

I traded some Pokemon for a few TMs, however the TMs I recieved may/are probably acquired through hacking. I still have them (and want to use them really) on my legit Pokemon.

Will this cause any problems to my game? And could this be found out if I entered a Tourney with those Pokemon on my cartridge?

No.

Hey quick super newbie question: Does generation IV mean that the DS games only have Gen IV pokemon or do they actually include ALL the pokemon up to date? Like, will I ever find a pikachu one day in platinum?

Ok one more: Is there a way to get your HMs and TMs back? I got return as the first one in Platinum and put it on my little Chimchar but I wonder if one day I want it on someone else...

Thanks!

1. Every last one.
    2. No, but HMs last forever, and you can get some HMs in multiples.

I have a Charmeleon with HP Grass. That's what I've worked it out as, from it's stats (112/71/57/85/92/65). If I level up, will that change its HP type should it's stats change?

Your H-P is based on the Pokemon's IVs (hidden 0-31 values that determine how strong the Pokemon is in a certain stat), not its stats. You cannot access IVs anywhere in the game except by using a calculator or diving into the Pokemon's coding. Once a Pokemon has H-P, its H-P type will never change because its IVs never change. Your stats are probably altered by EVs, which are points gained by fighting different Pokemon (different Pokemon award different amounts of points to different stats; fighting a Magikarp would give you +1 EV in Speed while a Machop would award +1 EV in Attack).

Years
  • Migrating Pokemon

I want to transfer my pokemon from pokemon gold to pokemon platinum, but I have been told that the first step is is to transfer my pokemon from gold to either pokemon leaf green/emerald etc. I would like to know how one can transfer pokemon from pokemon gold to pokemon leaf green/emerald etc. Thanks.

Years
  • I want to transfer my pokemon from pokemon gold to pokemon platinum, but I have been told that the first step is is to transfer my pokemon from gold to either pokemon leaf green/emerald etc. I would like to know how one can transfer pokemon from pokemon gold to pokemon leaf green/emerald etc. Thanks.

No. Just no. The data structure in the GB/GBC games is entirely different from the data structure of the GBA and DS games, so transferring your Pokemon from Gold to any game that wasn't on the GB/GBC is impossible.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • Inquiries About Breeding (Lots of Questions)

Well, I see in the last sub-forum there's a topic for Breeding Questions, but I have a lot of questions :\ and it may require a couple of responses from different people so I'm'a make a topic.

1) What are some tips on Breeding?
    -- a) Does it really matter if you breed with good IV parents?
    -- b) How hard is it to get a 31 stat across the board?
    -- c) How hard is it to get a 20-29 stat across the board?
    -- d) How long does it take to get a Pokémon with 31 across the board?
    -- e) How can you make one Pokémon have 31 stats when the IVs are split into different parts on different parents?
    -- f) Is one of the parents' IV more of an influence (if IV does influence the offspring)?
    -- g) How should I be breeding? Focus on one stat and get it really high and then move on to the next one? Or all at once?

The male Eevee I'm breeding with is: 27 / 21 / 30 / 31 / 23 / 25

The females I have are:

Foxy: 5 / 13 / 29 / 31 / 12 / 0
    Nature: Naïve
    Char: Mischievous

Iliah: 30 / 13 / 0 / 31 / 10 / 25
    Nature: Bashful

Eliza: 5 / 10 / 2 / 29 / 21 / 21
    Nature: Quirky
    Char: Very Finicky

Layla: 13 / 13 / 20 / 15 / 12 / 0
    Nature: Lonely
    Char: Sturdy Body

Malika: 13 / 21 / 30 / 8 / 23 / 28
    Nature: Hasty
    Char: Sturdy Body

Valerie: 13 / 24 / 31 / 24 / 12 / 0
    Nature: Hardy
    Char: Capable of Taking Hits

As you can see, they specialize in different spots, but they both suck in ATK :\ I'm looking to get something like:

25+ / 31 / 31 / 20+ / 31 / 25+

on an Umbreon. I obviously need a new female lol but of the two, which one should I be looking at breeding with my male? Which one has the most potential to breed Pokémon better than Lenny (male)?

The closest I've gotten to Lenny so far is:

Geoff: 22 / 26 / 20 / 31 / 23 / 15 - 16
    Nature: Brave

I bred him with Malika I think; the SPD is really low, though.

Anyone, so does anyone have any tips overall for me :< Any help is greatly appreciated!

Divine~Deoxys

I was wondering. How do you get to that second entrance above the main one in solaceon ruins??
    You know, the one with the item next to it

Years
  • First you need to capture the original 26 forms of Unown. Then, when you get to Veilstone City, head south to Route 212. There will be a cave to the left. If you've seen caught 26 Unown, the cave will lead out of the 2nd opening in addition to being able to catch "!" and "?" Unown.

RGS

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2009
    So recently I've been trying to use the poke radar to find shiny pokemon, but my chains hardly go anywhere before breaking. Is there some "technique" to using chains? I go to the patches with the yellow things on them, but they always break after 5 or so. How the hell do people get over 40?

Hana~

Now available in surround~
    Years
  • Hatenko

Hiya!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2010
    I hatched the aforementioned Squirtle in LeafGreen, but she was born with Surf and Waterfall. I try to get rid of them with some TMs so I can Pal Park her, but it says that HMs can't be forgotten now. Is there any way to get rid of them?

Years
  • I hatched the aforementioned Squirtle in LeafGreen, but she was born with Surf and Waterfall. I try to get rid of them with some TMs so I can Pal Park her, but it says that HMs can't be forgotten now. Is there any way to get rid of them?

The move deleter should be in Fuchsia City.

.Busou Kihaku.

私は神で取る!
    Years
  • What's with the Pkmn Platinum Trade Corner?

Seriously, what's with Trade Corner in the new generation Pkmn games? I tried to use it when i was at my cousins place and it's difficult, seriously it got me confused.

Back