• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Years
  • You can use the switching out method, but that isn't the easiest method unless you plan on using a Power item from the beginning. The easiest method is to attach an Exp. Share to your Larvitar, and then just have your higher-leveled pokémon fight the pokémon, as the Exp. Share passes on EVs. This means that if your lead pokémon fights 5 Starlys and your Larvitar is holding the Exp. Share, your Larvitar will also gain 5 Speed EVs.

Thanks for that great tip.
    Does this also work if I give it a Power Item? It would get 4 Evs every time my stronger Pokémon defeats a wild one, instead of only one EV.

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
  • Only if you're using the switch-out method. You obviously can't hold both an Exp. Share and a Power item, so that method wouldn't work, but yeah, giving a Power item to the Larvitar, like the Power Anklet while fighting a Starly, would yield 5 EVs of the respective stat, like Speed in Starly's case.

Dark Nero

Feel The Darkness
    Years
  • l need help breeding, l need to breed a Modest and Bold Eevee and so far have bred all other natures with my Umberon and Espeon, what should l be doing with my Ditto? Making him hold something or?....

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • Find a Modest or Bold mate for the Umbreon / Espeon females and then have the male carry an Everstone.
    Alternatively, have either gender Umbreon / Espeon and have a ditto with the desired nature hold an Everstone.

Dark Nero

Feel The Darkness
    Years
  • Having a female Pokemon or Ditto hold an everstone while breeding will increase the chance of the female Pokemon's/Ditto's nature of being passed down by 50%.

Find a Modest or Bold mate for the Umbreon / Espeon females and then have the male carry an Everstone.
    Alternatively, have either gender Umbreon / Espeon and have a ditto with the desired nature hold an Everstone.

Right gotcha thanks to both of you

MiniEggs

Working On Something Spritey.
    Years
  • Problem.

This probably isn't the right place, but, do you know wether I would have to get a new friend code if I connect to another internet system because I have to go to my nan's house next week and I have to do a trade on the 17th which is the monday so if I connect to her internet, will I have to get a new friend code?

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    This probably isn't the right place, but, do you know wether I would have to get a new friend code if I connect to another internet system because I have to go to my nan's house next week and I have to do a trade on the 17th which is the monday so if I connect to her internet, will I have to get a new friend code?

No, Friend Codes carry over between connection points. The only times when you would need to get a new Friend Code would be if you were to connect using a different DS without transferring over your old connection settings, or if you restarted your game.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • 50 is just a number. Without a context (i.e. %, $), the number 50 is meaningless, so I don't know why this post is relevant.

lol because the chance of the nature being passed on is increased from 0% to 50%, not by 50%... Because 0 x 1.5 is still 0. It was probably just a typo when clarifying.

NO MORE 50%. This is the last post, since these replies don't even pertain to the question anymore XD

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2010
    quick question.

I asked a question in another thread that if i used a gameshark to encounter a Metagross in the wild at level 2, if it would be considered LEGIT. the answer was no, because the metagross was underleveled and found in the wild.

but what if i used a gameshark to encounter its pre-evolution Beldum? or another pokemon that cant normally be found in the wild, such as a starter? would it be legit?

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • quick question.

I asked a question in another thread that if i used a gameshark to encounter a Metagross in the wild at level 2, if it would be considered LEGIT. the answer was no, because the metagross was underleveled and found in the wild.

but what if i used a gameshark to encounter its pre-evolution Beldum? or another pokemon that cant normally be found in the wild, such as a starter? would it be legit?

Beldum can be found in the wild, north of the Resort Area during a swarm. It will be in its mid-50's.

The Beldum obtained in this fashion will also not be legit because Beldum cannot be found at that level, and the area you caught it at will not be correct (wrong route). If you made it at level 55 and north of the Resort Area, then no one can tell it it's legit or not, but that's still cheating. Moreover, any Pokemon which you coax to appear in your game is considered hacked.

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Im going to go to the darkrai event.If you go to the place where the event is hosted then save infront of darkrai then go home/somewhere else.Will darkrai still be there.Cause I dont want to be there attempting to catch Darkrai for 1 hours while my mom is impatiently waiting.

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
    Years
  • the darkrai event is not hosted anywhere you can only get it by downloading the membership card from mystergift with wifi

Back