• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Years
  • Re: migrating & renaming pokemon

I want to get migrate torchic from my pokemon emerald. I restarted my emerald game (to get torchic) and wanted to know how I can do this (rules & how the process works).

I would also like to if it is possible to rename pokemon in pokemon platinum. Initially, I didn't give my pokemon nicknames, but now I want to (change their original name).

Thanks for your time.

Years
  • To migrate Pokemon, you need to have obtained the National Dex in Platinum by seeing all the Pokemon in the Sinnoh Dex and showing it to Prof. Rowan. In the game you want to migrate from, you need to just get the Pokedex and have at least 7 Pokemon (1 in the party and 6 in the box).

You can rename your Pokemon in Platinum via the Name Rater in Eterna City. He will only do it for Pokemon you caught in that game. Traded and Migrated Pokemon can't be renamed.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Stupid question: Is it possible to buy elixirs/ethers? And if so, where? Also, where/how do I get items like the scarf?
    Sorry, you can't purchase Elixir/Ether anywhere. However, they can found on the ground during the story mode or by using the Itemfinder/Dowsing Machine. Leppa Berries restore PP too, and can be found near the Resort Area, Route 209, and Route 221 (all first visits). Just harvest the berries. The berries are ready in about 16 hours.

As for the scarfs, you mean the Choice Scarf? You can exchange 48 Battle Tower/Frontier points for a Choice Scarf or Choice Band. The Choice Specs is given by a NPC in Celestic Town only during the morning.

If you meant the Contest Scarves, they can be found in Slateport (Gen III) or by a NPC in Pastoria.

TwilightBlade

Years
  • Ok. So when you say "harvest berries", do you mean plant them to grow more? And can I use legendary Pokemon in the Battle Tower?

Yup, plant, water, and grow them.

All Pokemon can be used in the Battle Tower except:

Mewtwo
    Mew
    Lugia
    Ho-oh
    Celebi
    Kyogre
    Groudon
    Rayquaza
    Jirachi
    Deoxys
    Dialga
    Palkia
    Phione
    Manaphy
    Giratina
    Shaymin
    Darkrai
    Arceus
    Latias/os with Soul Dew

TwilightBlade

Years
  • Water them? Is this Animal Crossing? Lol. So how do I water them?

Lol.. You can find an item called the Sprayduck in Floaroma's flower shop. Use this item to water your berries. The more often you water them during their growing cycles (seed, sprout, tree, etc), the more berries they may produce.

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2009
    Hello. Ok i need help with what move i used equip my pokemon with

these are my all time favorite pokemon and i will battle with them.

I Have as follows:

Fearow with modest nature (ability keen eye)
    Garchomp with bold nature (ability sand veil)
    Blastoise with bold nature (ability torrent)
    Heatran with bold nature (ability flash fire) (i have been wanting to replace this one with another fire type)
    Haunter with hasty nature (ability levitate)
    Scizor with bashful nature. (ability swarm)

And what items would you people recommend equiping my pokemon with?

TwilightBlade

Years
  • ElTejano

If you want to battle with them in-game or in the Battle Tower/Frontier, attach good items such as Leftovers, Life Orb, Choice Band/Scarf/Specs, Lum Berry, etc.

If you want to battle with them over Wifi, I'm afraid that your team isn't quite ready. You may have to breed them to get the proper nature and then train them for proper EVs (or Effort Values; if you don't know what this means, look at this post).

Browse this site for nice movesets for your Pokemon. Feel free to post in this thread if you need a moveset for a Pokemon.

For general questions about battling, post in this thread.

Basically, the Strategies forum is nice for you. There are many other helpful stickies.

I know it's a lot, but you have a lot of resources and helpers. :]

Servail

Miltank Farmer
    Years
  • Hey can anybody tell me if Big Root will double the HP drained from Leech Seed?
    I reckon it's worth replacing my Ludicolo's leftovers if I can add an extra 8th recovery with Big Root but I wasn't sure if it would work for a move like leech seed!
    I'm about to go out, could you PM me an answer?
    Thanks a bunch

TwilightBlade

Years
  • Servail

According to Smogon, Big Root allows Leech Seed to heal 30% more, but doesn't inflict more damage on the target.

I don't think it's worth replacing Leftovers with. Leech Seed is resisted by Grass types, can miss, or be can switched out of. It doesn't guarantee recovery like Leftovers.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    If I breed a male Togetic with Nasty Plot with a female Togetic that only knows level moves, will the Togepi's have Nasty Plot?

edit: same goes, if a Male Togetic with NP is bred with a Ditto will the egg's also have the move?

Thanks =)

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2009
    Is your pokemon weaker if u lvl them up with rare candies to lvl 100?

hey u guys and yes i cheat my platinum game with the action replay ds but i refuse to cheat legendaires i got giratina fair and square... Anyway if u feed your pokemon rare candies do they learn moves and evolve and does it go to there max hp or does it not? cuz i was told if u feed ur pokemon rare candies they wont be as strong in hp.

Riggzyd

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2013
    You could just EV train them in hp and watch out i heard if you use to many cheats on Action Replay it can permanently Damage your DS/DS Game

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
    Years
  • Would it be possible to trade a Member Card from the Platinum WiFi event over to Diamond? A few of my friends have Platinum and they're off catching Darkrai while I'm feeling jipped. xD

Back