• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2010
    Okay quick question, is it possible to trade say Gen 1 pokemons onto D/P/Pt if you haven't got a national dex? I haven't attempted it and I was just wondering if it was possible =/
    yeah, but they wont show up in the pokedex until you get it

i know because i had a charmander and typhlosion when i reset my game, i traded them to a friends cart, then back to mine at the beginning

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Hmm....well, it depends what you're wanting to do.

Weavile's faster, but not as powerful.
    Absol's more powerful, but not as fast.

Weavile has access to Brick Break, Ice Shard and Ice Punch, which i don't think Absol does, also, i think while Weavile has a 4x weakness to fighting, it's ice-typing reduces it's weakness to Bug.

But Absol isn't weak to Rock or Fire.

So, probably Weavile is the best.

Years
    Weavile is very deadly in Speed and Attack. If holding either Expert Belt or Life Orb it would atleast wipe out 1 Pokemon.Adding Swords Dance just makes it even godlier but if Weavile is up against a fighting-type it's dead(obviously).
    Absol is almost the same Pokemon as Weavile but he's more of an attacker. It's speed is slower than Weavile's.Absol's SP.Defense and Defense are it's lowest base stat but with it's 130 Attack Base stat it's going to be a sweeper if you hold a Life Orb.

dtex9002

Once-Retired Trainer
    Years
    When using the Vs Seeker, you find that plenty of trainers' pokemon grow in level to become more useful for racking up experience. On the other hand, I've noticed that some other trainers retain their original team pokemon and levels no matter how many times I use the Vs Seeker around them. Are all trainers' pokemon supposed to evolve and grow in level as long as I continue to Vs. Seeker them?

Keep in mind, I've already obtained the National Pokedex.

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
    Years
    Hmm....well, it depends what you're wanting to do.

Weavile's faster, but not as powerful.
    Absol's more powerful, but not as fast.

Weavile has access to Brick Break, Ice Shard and Ice Punch, which i don't think Absol does, also, i think while Weavile has a 4x weakness to fighting, it's ice-typing reduces it's weakness to Bug.

But Absol isn't weak to Rock or Fire.

So, probably Weavile is the best.

ice is not ressistant against bugs

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
    Years
    Oh,nowt major then for someone who only saves when they have to (e.g. accessing wi-fi, or going to switch off).

Ok, so, i wanted to restart platinum, so i traded my giratina holding griseous orb to diamond. on diamond, of course, it said it didn't have an item.

I then realised on diamond i couldn't afford the pokeballs to capture 196 bidoofs to trade to platinum in exchange for my good pokes.

So i've now traded Giratina back. However, it still has no held item. Does this mean i've lost my Griseous Orb forever?? Coz i hate Giratina, but at least the Origin Forme was useful in-game
    Check your bag, it should be in the items pocket since it's just unequipped due to that DP doesn't have the Orb programmed in, and thus can't receive it

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
    Years
    okay two more.

Whens it first possible to get a razor claw?

two

Is this a Good Absol Setup?

Absol (super Luck) @ Razor Claw

Psycho Cut
    Night Slash
    Swords Dance
    Suckerpunch

Thanks in advance?

Years
    1. You can get it first in the Victory Road I believe. Other than that, it is found on Route 224 and is purchasable from the Battle Tower/Frontier for 48 BP.
    2. If you have access to Platinum, give it Superpower over either Psycho Cut or Night Slash. Also, make sure it has a Jolly or Adamant Nature. Life Orb should be used over the Razor Claw. Other than that, it looks just fine.

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
    Years
    Ok i like the sund of that, but can superpower be taught before Elite 4? because im pretty sure the life orb is on Route 225 or 226. This is really supposed to be for E4.
    Thanks for the advice though anyways!

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Ok i like the sund of that, but can superpower be taught before Elite 4? because im pretty sure the life orb is on Route 225 or 226. This is really supposed to be for E4.
    Thanks for the advice though anyways!

The Life Orb is located just outside the entrance to Stark Mountain. If you walk a little way down, you will see an Item. Climb down the stairs towards Route 227 and then go to the left where the item is located. The Item is the Life Orb you are looking for.
    So you would have to beat the Elite Four before you can even get the Life Orb.

ShivaDF

The Scooter-riding Artist
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2017
    Hey, do you guys know what having an AU, UU, or OU team is? People have said my team is a good OU team... =__='

Last edited:
    Years
    AU doesn't exist, but the other ones are abbreviations for the tiers of Pokemon.
    OU stands for OverUsed and consists of the some of the strongest Pokemon used the most in competitive play. Any non-uber Pokemon can be used in OU battles.
    UU stands for UnderUsed and consists of some of the lesser Pokemon. OU, BL, and uber Pokemon aren't allowed in this tier of play.
    Uber consists of Pokemon that are way too strong due to stats or movesets (legendaries come into mind with this tier). They are not allowed in any other form of play other than ubers.

BL stands for BorderLine and consists of Pokemon that are too strong to be allowed in UU but not used enough to be OU.
    NU stands for NeverUsed and is pretty much just that, Pokemon that are too weak to even consider using. NFE stands for Not Fully Evolved and is self-explanatory.

Does this help?

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
    Years
    ok ibe just started a game on Pearl on iDeaS with a wifi plugin, which fingers crossed will allow me to use the GTS.

1. sorry if this is the wrong forum, but how do i get a Friend code/ use the GTS.

2. whats the easiest way to get a Glameow on Pearl. (by easiest i mean like whats the first point of contact with wild glameows?)

Back