• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2023
    Hey
    Can someone tell me how Mystery Gift works? does anyone know when there will be another event in Australia, I tryed searching on google and I didn't find the information I was after.

Years
    Question about EV training.

If lets say i dont want to focus right now on EV training, can i EV train at late lvl with help from reduce berries?

Thank you.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Yes, but to be on the safe side, don't train them any higher than Lv90 or so. Once they hit 100, you can still use the EV reducing berries, but since they no longer gain experience at Lv100, you will no longer be able to EV train them. Leave a buffer of like 5-10 levels just in case they grow a few levels during EV training.

Zowayix

hi
    Years
    To anyone who has a traded, hatched egg:

Does the met location say "Day-Care Couple" or "Link trade"?

Edit: Thanks, Moriarty and jigglyppuff8

Last edited:
    Years
    Hey
    Can someone tell me how Mystery Gift works? does anyone know when there will be another event in Australia, I tryed searching on google and I didn't find the information I was after.

You get Mystery Gift by telling the person on the third floor of Jubilife TV: "EVERYONE" "HAPPY" "Wi-Fi" "CONNECTION". After that, anytime you're near a place giving off a Mystery Gift signal (i.e. Events, PBR, friend enabled Wonder Cards), you can receive a Wonder Card with a mystery gift by choosing either receive from wireless/friend. When there is an event going on via wi-fi, you choose the wi-fi option and choose the gift if it is available. After that, you pick up your gifts from any Pokemart. Does this help?
    Hi, I posted this a few pages back, but I epic failed. I just got this Chimchar on the GTS and I want to check that it's legit. If it is, what sort of thing could I get in return for it?

Quiet

lv. 1
    hp: 11
    atk: 6
    def: 6
    Satk: 6
    Sdef: 6
    speed: 5

Pretty much nothing. Nobody seriously wants a Quiet Chimchar. Pretty sure it's legit.
    To anyone who has a traded, hatched egg:

Does the met location say "Day-Care Couple" or "Link trade"?

Link Trade. That's what it's supposed to be.

Jaketheultimate

Unconventional Mudkip Hunter
    Years
    Hey
    Try using Serebii's page on events. It told me about the member card for platinum, and it says that you could, until 5 days ago, wi-fi one in other regions as well. More info can be found there. Stinks that you missed it.

And my question is: What are the chances of finding a fire stone underground, or is there any other way to get one? I'm looking into this myself, but have nothing as of yet.

Years
    From a competitive viewpoint, Naive, Hasty, or Jolly would be the way to go. Even so, it still probably wouldn't be worth much unless it was IV bred to have high/perfect IVs or if it had Hidden Power [Ice]. Then again, I'm not an expert on the Trade corner so having a starter Pokemon may still count for something (like maybe another starter or a non-natured legendary).

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    GBA games with pokemon diamond. PLEASE HELP

Ok does the GBA game you put into the slot add more wild pokemon? If it does, what are some pokemon that come out. and does it affect the swarming pokemon?

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
    Years
    I'm not sure what the certain areas are but if the pokemon aren't in the regional pokedex for Sinnoh then the GBA to Diamond extra Pokez thing will not work until you obtain your national dex.

scyfer

Veteran Trainer
    Years
    whtas better for my lv 40 gengar?
    shadow ball or nightshade, im not sure which is stronger, since it says nightshade gets stronger the higher the level, so?

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    Shadow Ball is definitely better in the long run. Take advantage of Gengar's high special attack.

Night Shade's power equals the Pokemon's level.

Back