• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    what does all the abreations mean like EV, Ev's, EV'd. any websites have a great glossary of pokemon terms?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    EV = effort value
    EVs = effort values
    EV'd = EV trained

As for the Garchomp, I prefer Dragon Claw's accuracy to Dragon Rush's, but that's just me. I don't play competitively.

jvn753

Pikachumon
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2011
    EV'd Pokes at 100 completely overpower level 100 normal pokes that have their ev mixed up?

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2010
    Hi,
    Can pal park works, when my 3rd gen game is on flash card? One guy said me about a patch, but I can't find it... Help please =)

Last edited:

scyfer

Veteran Trainer
    Years
    need a quick answer pleease. wing attack or aerial ace?
    should i sacrifice some pp for the never missing ability on aerial ace?

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
    Quick question about EV training, because I'm a noob and still trying to get my head around it >_< - the stat points you gain from the training, are they added on as soon as you've KO'd four Gyaradoses/Geodudes/whatever, or when the Pokémon next gains a level, or have I got this thing completely wrong and need to go back to the drawing board XD? Thanks =)

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Well, you tend to get the stat gains through levelling up, but you don't notice until higher levels.

Nudge

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2014
    Heyy guys heres a quick noobish question that im hoping can be answered
    How do i get Politoed, Slowking and Kingdra?
    Thanx in advance to whoever answers for me :D

Years
    To get:
    Politoed - Let Poliwhirl hold a King's Rock and trade it while the Poliwhirl is holding the King's Rock.
    Slowking - Same method for Politoed,let a Slowpoke hold a King's Rock,trade it while letting it hold the King's Rock.
    Kingdra - Get a Seadra and let it hold a Dragon Scale,trade it while letting it hold the Dragon Scale.

Nudge

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2014
    To get:
    Politoed - Let Poliwhirl hold a King's Rock and trade it while the Poliwhirl is holding the King's Rock.
    Slowking - Same method for Politoed,let a Slowpoke hold a King's Rock,trade it while letting it hold the King's Rock.
    Kingdra - Get a Seadra and let it hold a Dragon Scale,trade it while letting it hold the Dragon Scale.
    Ok then, thanx very much :D

Jukain-Arashi

PM me for Lockerz invitation.
    Years
    I'm wondering what would happen if you used the attack Trick Room and then sent our Regigigas. Would it strike first because of it's ability Slow Start? And then by the time Trick Room wears off, would Regigigas be at normal speed, without the Slow Start decrease?

Another thing I was wondering is if you used Trick Room and you opponent had out a Pokemon with Speed Boost/Tinted Lense, would their speed decrease each turn? Or would it continue to rise despite Trick Room being active?

Last edited:
    Years
    I'm wondering what would happen if you used the attack Trick Room and then sent our Regigigas. Would it strike first because of it's ability Slow Start? And then by the time Trick Room wears off, would Regigigas be at normal speed, without the Slow Start decrease?

Another thing I was wondering is if you used Trick Room and you opponent had out a Pokemon with Speed Boost/Tinted Lense, would their speed decrease each turn? Or would it continue to rise despite Trick Room being active?

Regigigas would attack first if Trick Room were active (considering that it is slower than the other Pokemon without Trick Room). Since Slow Start and Trick Room both last 5 turns, Regigigas will be at normal speed without the Trick Room decrease by the time Trick Room wears off.

Speed will continue to rise despite Trick Room being active, but all Trick Room does is allow slower Pokemon to go first; it doesn't increase their speed or decrease the speed of faster Pokemon.

Back