• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Years
  • I'm trying to get a Munchlax with Curse, so I got a female Munchlax and a male Slowpoke with Curse, but they won't make an egg. Can anyone tell me why?

EDIT:

Forget that, but I've got another question. Does Soothe Bell double the happiness you get every 256 steps? I figure that 70 to 220 = 150 and 150 * 256 = 38400 / 2 for Soothe Bell = 19200. I walked the 19200 steps with Soothe Bell, but my Munchlax won't evolve and I can't figure out why. I'm pretty sure Munchlax's base happiness is 70.

Last edited:

Charmander_004

I love Pokémon and Charmander
    Years
  • question here!!!!

hey guys I've just got Pokemon Diamond (kinda late huh?) but I've also got pokemon ruby, leaf green and lots of pokemon there that I've been training for pretty long time. But I just saw that in all fourth gen games lots of the pokemon from kanto, hoenn... have got new moves that are quite usefull. The question is if I trade all of my pokemon through the pal park to diamond (but they are all level 50 or more), is there a way to learn again any forgotten moves like there is in Hoenn and Kanto? (by exchanching items or other method) and will I be able to learn "again" those moves that are specifically from the fourth gen that those pokemon are supposed to learn through leveling up but that I no longer can because they have already passed that level? For example I have a level 50 gyarados and buterfree. If I trade them to diamond through the pal park, can they learn "aqua tail" and "bug buzz" respectively by using the method I mentioned even though there wasnt a moment where they actually learned those moves and then forgot them? Or do I have to capture others in diamond and train them all over again from the start so they can learn those moves? And IF the method I mentioned is possible, how many times can you do it? Because in Hoenn there are a lot of heart scales, but in LF I've only found a few tiny mushrooms. Thanks I hope you understand my question.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Yeah, there's a Move Tutor in Pastoria City.

Sadly, Heart Scales are easier found in Platinum...still, you can get those moves

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2010
    Ahem. Quick question in regards to a Pokemon I have. Anyway, I hatched a shiny Feebas at one point, who was female. I later evolved it into a shiny blue Milotic which I use in my party. The thing is, every single source I've found states that the female form of a shiny Milotic has blue eyebrows in Platinum and the males have red eyebrows. I saw some battles on YouTube and have verified that.

HOWEVER...My Milotic somehow ended up with red eyebrows in Platinum? XD Random, I know, but anyone have any ideas how? I have proof, by the way, that my Milotic is female, shiny, and has red eyebrows.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2010
    Yeah, that's where I got the information and noticed that my Milotic was being an exception. =p Although, I would have preferred the blue eyebrows. =\

I got my Platinum in May of 2010, though, so could they maybe have fixed that slight error in color? x3

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Possibly. It would make sense.

I mean, they fixed the Surf Glitch for English editions of Diamond & Pearl, so why not fix the colouration problem for later versions of Platinum?

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2010
    So I've reached Floaroma city and I've recently acquired 2 new water Pokemon, so I have 3 currently.

Psyduck at lv 14, Shellos at lv 12, and Buizel at lv 12 also. In your opinion which is worth the time to keep in party and level up the most as your Water type?

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2010
    So I've reached Floaroma city and I've recently acquired 2 new water Pokemon, so I have 3 currently.

Psyduck at lv 14, Shellos at lv 12, and Buizel at lv 12 also. In your opinion which is worth the time to keep in party and level up the most as your Water type?

Hmm, if you were like me, you'd pick the one whose design you like most. xD But I'm sure you want usefulness. In that case, I think I would pick Buizel and evolve it into Floatzel. I'm assuming you're planning on using it for Surf or maybe even Waterfall? Golduck has a pretty decent Special Attack, and Gastrodon is nearly the same, with incredible HP.

Floatzel, on the other hand, is okay in terms of Special Attack (for Surf) but has great Attack and Speed, with some good moves to back it up. It can still do some nice damage with Surf, too. I like it for Ice Fang and Crunch and Aqua Jet, though.

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2010
    Hmm, if you were like me, you'd pick the one whose design you like most. xD But I'm sure you want usefulness. In that case, I think I would pick Buizel and evolve it into Floatzel. I'm assuming you're planning on using it for Surf or maybe even Waterfall? Golduck has a pretty decent Special Attack, and Gastrodon is nearly the same, with incredible HP.

Floatzel, on the other hand, is okay in terms of Special Attack (for Surf) but has great Attack and Speed, with some good moves to back it up. It can still do some nice damage with Surf, too. I like it for Ice Fang and Crunch and Aqua Jet, though.

Thanks for the advice, I liked Buizel's variety of moves. Although I did stick with Psyduck for now ... I tried using Buizel for a while but it just seemed too frail.. really couldn't take many hits, maybe it gets better later on and I still might give it a chance but I kind of like the idea of getting Golduck, since I've never used one in my previous Pokemon games.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
  • So,I just got done beating the elite 4 on platinum.So today i desided to relax and do some after game stuff.I went and caught Dialga and Palkia.Then went to my box to check what pokemon i have and see stats and such.I was going thru them and saw i had a level 19 roselia that i got back in july on the 21st on route 209 in pokemon platinum and i seen it had pokerus.I was like omg i can't belive i missed it having it.It has been in the box1 with about 29 other pokemon since july the 21st and has not spread it on to anyone else.

I thought i read some where that it spreads while in party or in boxes.So does it ?

And how rare is it that i caught a wild pokemon with it?

After looking in my box just now i happen to see it has been passed on to one other pokemon.

So will it keep spreading ?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2010
    It's quite rare indeed, so congratulations. =D

To my knowledge, though, Pokerus does not spread whilst the infected Pokemon resides in the PC. It just won't go away after two days. You must have the infected Pokemon in your party to spread it to the others in your party.

So, if you plan on EV training with it, then infect the one you want and quickly put the source of the Pokerus back in the PC so Pokerus stays.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I thought i read some where that it spreads while in party or in boxes.So does it ?
    Pokerus only spreads to other party members and you have to initiate a few battles. Just run; it will spread to others.

You have a 3 in 65536 chance of finding Pokerus. It's 3 times rarer than a shiny Pokemon.

Pokerus will keep spreading as long as the Pokemon have a status condition PKRS. If you leave the infected Pokemon in your party and midnight passes, the Pokemon may be cured, and lose the ability to spread Pokerus. Just deposit infected Pokemon into your PC right before midnight, and withdraw them right after midnight, then they will have Pokerus forever. Pokerus does not cure while the Pokemon is stored in the PC.

Either way, infected or cured, a Pokemon will always receive the EV boosts.

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokérus

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
  • So i caught 2 Pokemon with pokerus and didn't know...i thought it just spread.

Thxs for the info.

Years
  • I'm chaining Absol. I was at 17 and went into a patch of grass (Repel was definitely in effect) and encountered an Absol. I killed it and when I appeared back in the grassy area, no patches of grass moved and my chain ended. Can someone please tell me why my chain ended?

Back