• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    hello guys...im crazy about 3 legendary bird in platinum...why they only adamant nature..? i have try use abra with Synchronize nature but they still adamant nature..whats problem..?
    sorry for my english btw..

For one thing, Synchronize has no effect on the Nature of a pokemon

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
    For one thing, Synchronize has no effect on the Nature of a pokemon

No effect on an already released roamer, you mean. Sync has a 50% chance (I think) to make wild pokemon (non-roamers) have the same nature as your Sync. Natures are set once you release the roamers, that's why all your birds turned out Adamant.

Years
    No effect on an already released roamer, you mean. Sync has a 50% chance (I think) to make wild pokemon (non-roamers) have the same nature as your Sync. Natures are set once you release the roamers, that's why all your birds turned out Adamant.

..so i have no choice..sigh :(...thanks for reply..

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    There's a way to reset the birds...but I don't know anything about it. >_>
    The way to do that is to save before you talk to Oak. After you do that, the birds are released, with set natures and IVs. If you save after talking to Oak, then the birds' natures and IVs will stay like that.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
    While playing Platinum Version, I've noticed that if you are traveling with a Stat Trainer and start a battle by talking to a trainer rather than passing in front of their vision (thereby avoiding battle with the other trainer who would also see you at the same time), the game initiates a single battle between you and the trainer as if the stat trainer was not even with you. This occurs even when the trainer you are fighting has two Pokemon. Has anyone else noticed this and does anyone know why it happens?

Totaldile

appeared! Totaldile used RAWR!
    Years
    Accidently got Missingno....

My cousin, who plays Pokemon Diamond, has recently bought an Action Replay Media Edition, and whilst trying to clone a legend of his to trade to me, he accidently got Missingno. I don't know why, but he saved and now it's stuck in his party. The game freezes if you try and select it, or even hover your (cursor?) over it. is there anyway for him to dispose of it, or get it into a PC Box?

His Action replay is now broken, so that isn't an option.
    He has a great save file with tons of good, sotrong pokemon he woudl be very disappointed to lose.

I know PC doesn't approve of hacking, but he was only trying to clone a pokemon to trade, which I think is OK with the trading section.

Any solution we'll try...

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Indeed - AR can break your game if you are not careful and whatnot. (But however did it break? =/).

I wonder if it is possible to trade it off to someone else... probably not but who knows, maybe it could be dumped to a new game file? I don't think you can put Pokemon straight from your party onto Pokemon Ranch either (much less Missingno) but again if you have Ranch maybe it is worth a try (although if it breaks your game that badly...).

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    Have you tried depositing 'Missingno' into the Daycare or GTS (or via friend codes...)? If that doesn't work, you'll have to obtain a new AR in attempt to override your first party Pokemon with another Pokemon.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    My rioulu s level. &42 And still hasent evolved anyone know y?
    It could be one of these:
    1. Riolu's happiness level isn't high enough yet. (did you walk around a lot, keep it alive in battle, etc.?)
    2. You're trying to evolve it at the wrong time. Riolu only evolves by happiness during the day.

Back