• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Questions & Answers / "Where do I post this?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    To add to what was said above regarding community supporters, you need to be a Gold Tier or higher to be able to make a blog.

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2018
    Can someone tell me which games I need to complete my pokedex assuming I've never played before? This is of course assuming I am unable to trade for and would in theory need to play all versions.

I understand what it will require to transfer pokemon from the gba versions to current generation.

Edit: also assuming I'd play remakes over originals.

llr

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2015
    Can someone tell me which games I need to complete my pokedex assuming I've never played before? This is of course assuming I am unable to trade for and would in theory need to play all versions.

I understand what it will require to transfer pokemon from the gba versions to current generation.

Edit: also assuming I'd play remakes over originals.

I'm pretty sure you can get all the non-event Pokemon in XY and ORAS.
    You'll need copies of all 4 games.
    You'll still need to trade between versions and XY to ORAS or ORAS to XY.

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2018
    I'm pretty sure you can get all the non-event Pokemon in XY and ORAS.
    You'll need copies of all 4 games.
    You'll still need to trade between versions and XY to ORAS or ORAS to XY.

What about the exclusives to the originals (remade as firered and leafgreen)?

llr

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2015
    What about the exclusives to the originals (remade as firered and leafgreen)?

Oh that's right the starters are only available if you add access to the events earlier this year or could trade them from previous gens.
    Ok let me think this through
    You'll need a game that gives you Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Tododile, Treeko, Torchic and Mudkip, Turtwig, Chimchar and Piplup, Tepig, Snivy and Samurott.

I think I brought all of mine forward from Fire Red/Leaf Green and then used Heart Gold Soul Silver for Chikorita, Cyndaquil and Totodile.

That means you'll need Fire Red, Leaf Green, Pearl or Diamond or Platinum and Heart Gold/Soul Silver, White or White 2 or Black or Black 2.

Why don't you want to trade for the starters?

I think the legends are in the games(Hoopa's rings) but not the events.

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2018
    Oh that's right the starters are only available if you add access to the events earlier this year or could trade them from previous gens.
    Ok let me think this through
    You'll need a game that gives you Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Tododile, Treeko, Torchic and Mudkip, Turtwig, Chimchar and Piplup, Tepig, Snivy and Samurott.

I think I brought all of mine forward from Fire Red/Leaf Green and then used Heart Gold Soul Silver for Chikorita, Cyndaquil and Totodile.

That means you'll need Fire Red, Leaf Green, Pearl or Diamond or Platinum and Heart Gold/Soul Silver, White or White 2 or Black or Black 2.

Why don't you want to trade for the starters?

I think the legends are in the games(Hoopa's rings) but not the events.

Forgive me, I assumed that there were exclusives that I would need to play those for. But if they're starters I'm guessing it's easy to trade for those?

llr

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2015
    Forgive me, I assumed that there were exclusives that I would need to play those for. But if they're starters I'm guessing it's easy to trade for those?
    If you run into problems give me a few days notice and I'll breed you any starter you want.

The legends are a different story.
    I'm trying to think if there are any that you can;t get from game play.
    I can;t think of any off the top of my head.
    If I'm wrong I'll trade them to you for Dex entry and you can trade me back.
    You won't have a living dex but it'll count toward completing the dex.

You;re going to have to play XY through a couple of times to get the Birds (Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres). You only get 1 each time depending on your starter.

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2018
    If you run into problems give me a few days notice and I'll breed you any starter you want.

The legends are a different story.
    I'm trying to think if there are any that you can;t get from game play.
    I can;t think of any off the top of my head.
    If I'm wrong I'll trade them to you for Dex entry and you can trade me back.
    You won't have a living dex but it'll count toward completing the dex.

You;re going to have to play XY through a couple of times to get the Birds (Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres). You only get 1 each time depending on your starter.

Awesome thank yo!!! Sorry this is all still so new to me lol

Hey guys, glad you're so eager to help each other out but remember that this thread is for questions regarding the forum itself so it isn't the best place to discuss these sorts of queries. I'd highly recommend checking the "Which games do I need to catch all the Pokemon?" thread if you need more assistance on what games are required to catch all the Pokemon (can ask questions there, too). Thanks a bunch, feel free to let me know if you're still confused!

Reactions: llr

Outlier

I noticed that youtube videos are no longer embedded on profiles that used to have them. Is it an exclusive perk to supporters now?

Years
    can someone tell me how to make a new thread?
    Moving your post to the Quick Questions and Answers thread, since it fits better there. :>

To answer your question: at the top of each forum, and under the splash, there should be a "new thread" button there. Click that, write whatever you want your thread to be about, and then post it!

(Although be aware that some forums do have thread moderation in place, so don't be alarmed if your thread doesn't immediately show up in there.)

I noticed that youtube videos are no longer embedded on profiles that used to have them. Is it an exclusive perk to supporters now?
    Like which profiles? Embedding them should still work for everybody right now, it's definitely not a supporter perk.

Last edited:

Outlier

Mine and Demon Wolf's are the only ones I've checked. Maybe he removed his video himself but I know I didn't remove mine. I tried entering the url again but it still wont show up. I'll try a different video to see if that works.

Edit: It's still not showing up. I tried different forum skins too so I'm not sure what it could be.

Last edited:

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    Mine and Demon Wolf's are the only ones I've checked. Maybe he removed his video himself but I know I didn't remove mine. I tried entering the url again but it still wont show up. I'll try a different video to see if that works.

Edit: It's still not showing up. I tried different forum skins too so I'm not sure what it could be.

Looks fine on my end.

Outlier

I just tried using internet explorer to browse my profile as a guest and it said I need adobe flash player or a HTML5 browser.

I use Chrome most of the time so it must be an issue with my adobe flash player I guess. I'm not that tech-savvy but I'll figure it out.

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2015
    Hi, I was just wondering how I would get my original saved file (4.2) from pokemon ash gray onto the newest 4.51 version I have it already downloaded with a fresh firered rom with the ips compressed into one file so I have the ash gray version BUT I cant seem to get my original .sav file to work on the new 4.51 version

If someone could help that would be great thanks

Years
    Hi, I was just wondering how I would get my original saved file (4.2) from pokemon ash gray onto the newest 4.51 version I have it already downloaded with a fresh firered rom with the ips compressed into one file so I have the ash gray version BUT I cant seem to get my original .sav file to work on the new 4.51 version

If someone could help that would be great thanks
    Honestly, the Ash Gray thread (which I see you have already posted in) would be one of your best bets right now for such a question.

This thread, and actually this particular subforum, isn't really the place to ask such questions. :(

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back