• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

FSBS

Defunct
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2019
    I can't seem to find why the tree one is occuring, but the second one is simple:
    The girl, her Slowbro and the Cop are all moved by the Header script upon entering the map unless if a certain flag is set. The solution? Open up the header script (or just decompile location 0x08166477 (or just 166477 to most script editors, including XSE) in whatever script editor)
    I've only been looking around Cerulean for 5ish minutes, I might go further into the tree thing...
    EDIT:
    Spoiler:

The settings shown work~
    You also might want to assign a different "Person ID." "00FF" was just used as a "filler" of sorts, haha; I don't think that "0000" works.

Thanks, that worked! Maybe I hit something on the sidebar while dragging tiles and got to this point. I appreciate the help. I don't understand the decompile script? I opened the script in the header tab and clicked decompile but nothing changed. It's not a gamebreaking bug though, I think it's something I can afford to look at later when I have a better understanding of scripting. The red clone was my primary concern and I felt had to be dealt with before moving forward. Thanks again!

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2016
    Black 'thingy' showing when moving on grass using applymovement...

Quick Questions & Answers

Help..plz...:(

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
    Years
    Black 'thingy' showing when moving on grass using applymovement...

Help..plz...:(

Looks like the animation got messed up. You can edit it in NSE or revert it back to normal by importing it from a clean ROM. NSE classic has it bookmarked btw.

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2023
    Looking for some help with 2 issues, the unlimited nuggets from nugget bridge one and the roaming pokemon using roar

Im aware you can do a workaround with the roamers and change moveset but is there an option to fix it the real way?

Last edited by a moderator:

BluRose

blu rass
    Years
    Looking for some help with 2 issues, the unlimited nuggets from nugget bridge one and the roaming pokemon using roar

Im aware you can do a workaround with the roamers and change moveset but is there an option to fix it the real way?

you can put a simple flag check in his script in order to fix the nuggets

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=348657
    this claims to fix the roaming iv and roaming roar, but idk how, you also might be unable to use it if you've been extensively hacking and it uses free space or smh

FSBS

Defunct
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2019
    I'm having trouble with Brock's gym. I changed the tileset to Mt. Moons, enlarged the map, and moved the scripts. When I attempt to enter the gym I get a black screen. I've tried starting a new game but the same issue occurs.

Here are relevant pictures.
    [IMAGE]
    [IMAGE]

[IMAGE]
    [IMAGE]

[IMAGE]
    [IMAGE]

PurpleOrange

still don't know what I'm doing
    Years
    I'm having trouble with Brock's gym. I changed the tileset to Mt. Moons, enlarged the map, and moved the scripts. When I attempt to enter the gym I get a black screen. I've tried starting a new game but the same issue occurs.

Here are relevant pictures.
    [IMAGE]
    [IMAGE]

[IMAGE]
    [IMAGE]

[IMAGE]
    [IMAGE]

it has something to do with enlarging the map, not sure how to fix it though, try a-map 1.95?

BluRose

blu rass
    Years
    Spoiler:

can we see the warp "settings" really quickly? like, click on the warp, screenshot the part to the right on a-map? did you make sure to put the three in front of the door originally in the same order below?

it shouldn't be a size issue, and a-map 1.95 certainly wouldn't fix it; it might make it worse because of its reputation of being buggy af

EDIT: try making the door itself impassible

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    I have a simple question, and I apologize in advance if the answer is posted elsewhere.

I want to play through Glazed with a Mienshao on my team, but I want it to be fighting/fairy. Is there a program I can use to edit its typing?

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2016
    mrmostlymittens , sorry to say but you can't edit the hack since it's not yours, you can however request redriders180 (glazed's creator) to add fairy typing into his hack

FSBS

Defunct
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2019
    can we see the warp "settings" really quickly? like, click on the warp, screenshot the part to the right on a-map? did you make sure to put the three in front of the door originally in the same order below?

it shouldn't be a size issue, and a-map 1.95 certainly wouldn't fix it; it might make it worse because of its reputation of being buggy af

EDIT: try making the door itself impassible

Making the door impassable? I put a 1 tile over it but still got the same screen.

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2017
    So I'm working on a Yellow hack of Fire Red and wanted to know how I go about changing my rival's eevee to evolve into it's final form depeneding on which battles are won and lost.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2017
    Hey is there anyway of changing what items a pokemart has not using A-Mart since for some reason my computer isn't allowing me to register comctl32 at all

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2017
    So I'm working on a Yellow hack of Fire Red and wanted to know how I go about changing my rival's eevee to evolve into it's final form depeneding on which battles are won and lost.

Probably the Best way is to fiddle with the flags since each encounter has a flag set to it and when its time for eevee to evolve it checks which flags have been set and go from there sorry for not saying how to do it exactly but theres tutorials on how to set flags :) hope this helps in anyway

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back