• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluRose

blu rass
    Years
    Spoiler:
    oh, that's how you spell it? haha
    it was actually a size issue lol
    sorry PurpleOrange if i sounded rude
    make the height divisible by 2 (25x36 works)
    i can't explain why it works but it does :)
    and, also, if you are going to make said door work in the best aesthetically pleasing way possible (aka how it is done in vanilla), you need to arrange it in a way such that
    Quick Questions & Answers

and

FSBS

Defunct
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2019
    oh, that's how you spell it? haha
    it was actually a size issue lol
    sorry PurpleOrange if i sounded rude
    make the height divisible by 2 (25x36 works)
    i can't explain why it works but it does :)
    and, also, if you are going to make said door work in the best aesthetically pleasing way possible (aka how it is done in vanilla), you need to arrange it in a way such that

and

Fantastic, BluRose, you're a great help! I'll be sure to credit you specifically if I finish this project in any way!

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years
    Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2023
    One thing thats been putting me off with rom hacking is how theres many old links which are long dead like advanced pallette editor on hackmews post

FSBS

Defunct
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2019
    I created a new map in Advance Map and can't add wild pokemon data, or at least don't know how. Google comes up with nothing.

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
    Years
    Hey, two things:

1. Is there a tutorial on how to expand the number of items in Emerald?

2. Is there a tutorial on how to get a "bigger bag" in Emerald? Like, is there a way to have more items in your bag?

FSBS

Defunct
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2019
    Unrelated to my Advance Map question, how do I go about making the Kanto legendaries roaming encounters like the Johto trio (the birds and Mew/Mewtwo)?

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2020
    I have one small question

Can I make more moves with dual typing (like flying press)? I have been fascinated by this idea for moves like thunder fang and thunder punch to make them dark/electric or fighting/electric.

Thanks a lot

Last edited:

Crizzle

Legend
    Years
    Hey is there anyway of changing what items a pokemart has not using A-Mart since for some reason my computer isn't allowing me to register comctl32 at all

Pretty sure you can change them using XSE(or whatever scripting editor) and just change the hex values for the items into the items you want. A-Mart just makes it more convenient, you don't really need it.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2017
    Pretty sure you can change them using XSE(or whatever scripting editor) and just change the hex values for the items into the items you want. A-Mart just makes it more convenient, you don't really need it.

follow up question im using the 870 Patch i was wondering what are the hex values of the 4th, 5th & 6th Gen items

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2017
    What? Don't use the 870 patch. It is broken. I'm pretty sure that not even the PC works.

everything works fine for me although im using Epsilions updated version of the 870 patch still was wondering what are the Hex Codes for the 4th, 5th & 6th gen items are

BluRose

blu rass
    Years
    Hey guys it's me again !!
    Today I have a very weird type of problem, see while testing a event of my in-progress hack I stumbled upon a very weird yet mind boggling (for me) trouble
    You see I had set applymovement script to the player where he has to show a exclamation mark along with some other text, the problem is that everything worked correctly however instead of showing a exclamation mark the player just turned toward right !!.....I did everything I was capable but nothing happened...
    So (again), can anyone help this n00b...:P

Pic for clarity ->

INSTEAD OF SHOWING A EXCLAMATION MARK PLAYER TURN RIGHT
    in your applymovement script, does "0x62" or "0x65" appear anywhere when viewing in xse/red alien/whatever scripting tool?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back