• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2021
    Are any of the ROM Hacking tools a virus? Especially A-Trainer, my antivirus thinks its a virus. Is is a real virus, or not?

In a certain manner we can consider A-trainer as a virus as it has few chance to mess up your ROM :p
    You should use kurapika's trainer editor or another more recent

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
    Quick Questions & Answers

I keep freezing here. I tried deleting the map script, but I am still freezing. It also happens when trying to leave Viridian City from the north, but it doesn't occur when entering Viridian from the south side. This started occuring after I removed the cut tree near the fences in the top left of Viridian. Any ideas why I keep freezing?

Copy the map header and footer from a clean ROM into your Map header and footer using A-map's advance view or whatever it's called.

Next open your ROM in VBA, go tools -> disassemble -> auto update and check what R14's value is. If it's not changing report back the value. I think just resetting the map header/footer should be enough though.

PiGreat

「KILLER QUEEN」! I'll blow you to smithereens!
    Years
    Time for another dumb question. I've added in all of the necessary Pokémon for my hack. Now, how do I change the starters? I've tried A-Starter, but that only shows Gen 1-3 Pokémon; the Gen 4/5/6 Pokémon that I've added in aren't shown on the drop down box at all. Naturally, this is problematic because the starters I want to use are from Gen 5.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    Time for another dumb question. I've added in all of the necessary Pokémon for my hack. Now, how do I change the starters? I've tried A-Starter, but that only shows Gen 1-3 Pokémon; the Gen 4/5/6 Pokémon that I've added in aren't shown on the drop down box at all. Naturally, this is problematic because the starters I want to use are from Gen 5.
    Which game? For Kanto, you can click on the Pokeballs in Oak's lab and make some very fast modifications to the mon indices in their scripts. I see no reason to use a tool for something so simplistic.

PurpleOrange

still don't know what I'm doing
    Years

and if you're using emerald, the offsets are at:
    Pokemon 1-0x5B1DF8
    Pokemon 2-0x5B1DFA
    Pokemon 3-0x5B1DFC
    so just replace the bytes with the index number of your new pokemon in reverse hex

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2024
    Oh, my bad. I'm using FireRed with Mr. DollSteak's patch.

In that case you just need to go to the pokeballs in Oak's lab and change these numbers in the script.
    Grass Starter Pokeball
    Spoiler:

Same idea for the other two.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2018
    Does anyone know how to make a daycare like in HGSS with the pokemon sprites that appear in the daycare?

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    What are the repercussions of expanding the firered rom to 32mb?
    Are there stuff that will change? Should I use UPS rather than Ips then?
    Yes, there is a huge repercussion. People will tell you that LIPS isn't working. In all seriousness, if you need the space, just expand. And for the new offsets, use 0x09yyyyyy instead of 0x08yyyyyy. If tools are important to you, iirc, some have issues because they automatically assume the 0x08, so keep that in mind.

Telemetius

Tele*
    Years
    Hi, question. I imported a 96x96 overworld with NSE classic and I keep seeing this in the game:
    Spoiler:

Have i done something wrong?

NINJA EDIT
    Solved it through unconventional ways. It's a bit long so whoever is interested PM me.

Last edited:

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
    Hi, question. I imported a 96x96 overworld with NSE classic and I keep seeing this in the game:
    Spoiler:

Have i done something wrong?

NINJA EDIT
    Solved it through unconventional ways. It's a bit long so whoever is interested PM me.

Overworlds are sprites (i.e OAMs). An OAM by the hardware is only allowed to be 64x64, so you cannot have a 96x96 one. What you can do, is you can split it into more than one image and combine those to create the illusion of a 96x96 one.

Syrex

[b][i][COLOR=black][font=Rock Salt][glow=green]Hen
    Years
    What would the palette offset be for the gamefreak logo?
    In the intro it shows the symbol and says game freak before the pokemon intro video.
    I want to to be able to insert a sprite into that area so i need the palette offset.
    Anyone kind enough to share?

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2024
    What would the palette offset be for the gamefreak logo?
    In the intro it shows the symbol and says game freak before the pokemon intro video.
    I want to to be able to insert a sprite into that area so i need the palette offset.
    Anyone kind enough to share?

Hi, the offset for this image
    (hopefully the one you're referring too) is 00402A44 in APE. It's not compressed.

Syrex

[b][i][COLOR=black][font=Rock Salt][glow=green]Hen
    Years
    Hi, the offset for this image
    (hopefully the one you're referring too) is 00402A44 in APE. It's not compressed.
    I should just start PMing you my questions xD

That pal offset would be for the golden eye in the background, yes?

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2024
    I should just start PMing you my questions xD

That pal offset would be for the golden eye in the background, yes?

{XD}
    The first index is for the eye, the second one is the white text and blue background. I don't know what the third is for.
    I am a huge idiot. White text is at 00402ABC in APE. I was looking at my own palette. Sorry.

Last edited:

Ayonn-

The Unbelivable
    Years
    Hi everybody, I'm actually working on a Fire red rom based hack, and I expanded the number of pokemon available in the game, but....I want to change the starters, so I wanted to know if there's a possibility to expanded the number of pokemon that A-Starter can see, and if it's possible how ?
    If someone have another idea to edit the starters with the new pokemon, can he explain me how ?

Thanks in advance!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back