• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draknir

The God of Fire
Years
  • How exactly do you edit the Lugia script in Soul Silver? Making a hack for a Nuzlocke, and I'd like to increase its level a small amount.

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
    Years
  • https://www.romhack.me/skipgenderchoice/

This is an old patch that forces male gender. I'm not sure how it does it, aka if it removed the messages and such. But there you have it.

Oh wow, its like it was just made for this situation, how perfect. I'm still stumped as to how he did that, I've been trying to figure out how to do this all day.. Well never the less I was given the easy way out, I suppose that works :)

Thanks for linking me there!

Hi, I'm new to rom hacking and have started my first map. I was wondering if there was a fast way to add a tileset from deviantart. I try adding it and it says it's missing the .pal file. I tried youtube but it only shows how to make one not add one from online.

The reason that it says the palette is not showing is because it is missing the .pal file that should be saved with your tileset in the same directory by the same name. I'd also suggest using a-map 1.95 on tile insertion, while I'd reccomend 1.92 for everything else. Basically you would need to find a pal from 0-12 that isn't used in your map, for FireRed pal7 is a good one usually. Find the palettes of your tileset you're trying to insert, and manually replace them in the palette editor. After that save the tileset from a-map. Use paint to paste insert your new tileset onto the one you just saved. They should have the same palette since you just edited it in a-map. Now load that tileset (the one you just paste inserted yours onto) in a-map over the palette you are editing. It should now have the tileset you wanted in a-map. For a way better explanation with a video, please visit le pug's tile insertion tutorial :)
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=314480

ChaosSigma0

How do I change this stupid username?
    Years
  • Hello everyone! ^_^ It's been a while since I joined... I don't have the best online presence...

There has been a thing I've been searching for and it has been bothering me for a while now.
    I would like to know how to change the pokémon Professor Birch shows you in the intro of Pokémon Emerald.

ChaosSigma0

How do I change this stupid username?
    Years
  • Seriously, thanks a lot!
    And uh.... I need to know three more things...

1. Is there any way to change the base critical hit ratio, not for the move itself, in the game?
    2. Is there a tool that can give a trainer's Pokémon effort values?
    3. How do I change music for a specific trainer battle?

Last edited:
    Years

1. Is there any way to change the base critical hit ratio, not for the move itself, in the game?
    First of all if you have any more questions after this please quote my post, because I rarely check the Q&A section. :)

1. I'm confused as to what your question is asking. Do you want a single move's critical hit ratio to go up like taking Splash and raising its critical hit ratio from 1x to 2x (Splash is a joke by the way) or by like talking to someone within the game and that'll change it?
    2. No there is no tool, but you should check out this thread which explains how you can do it yourself: https://mail.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=307117
    3. In Emerald? No idea sorry. :(

Also this is optional, but I recommend patching your rom up with this rombase because it actually has new moves added to the game as well us updated moves and other miscellaneous stuff.

Last edited:
    Years

For number 3, if for FireRed, use this tutorial. But I'm not entirely sure its for FireRed :P
    And, for Emerald, click here.

Dionen

deprived of sleep
    Years
  • DP-Pt-HGSS have different sprites. Some may be the same but a lot are changed.
    Only sprites from the first and second generation changed from PT to HGSS, and only pokémon that were found in Pt Sinnoh Dex (and legendaries) changed from DP to Pt
    But there are some exceptions, that I don't remember
    Also, DP backsprites didn't have 2 frames ;-;

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
    Years
  • Ok forget that question, I have a new problem. I changed my bicycle music in sappy, by getting a .mid file and converting it to .s

Than replaced the bike's music in sappy. Now I have 2 problems, I'm hoping someone can answer at least one of them.

1: When the track ends in game, it doesn't repeat. I'm not sure if its supposed to repeat or not but.. Basically All I did was, I got my .s file, opened rom in sappy, clicked bicycle, clicked assemble song, I selected the .s file's destination, then clicked on address instead of song num. I left everything else alone. I 'cooked it' and that was that. So, how can I make it so that the song keeps repeating, rather?

2: This is a small little problem that has nothing to do with the track tbh. The little bicycle 'ding ding' ring right when you hop on the bike, how can I remove it? I, at first, thought it was apart of the sound track, but it's actually its own thing, since it still does it.

This is all in FireRed, by the way.

Thanks in Advance,
    PokéMew

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2022
    Does anyone know where I can find Brendan's biking sprite from the end credits of Emerald?

Quick Questions & Answers

^ Like this, but for Brendan. Plus, a sprite sheet would be better than a GIF.

d4rk

Oh my Arceus!
    Years
  • Just upping my question, hoping this is allowed by the rulez.

Hello there,

I'm hacking Gold also. Let's say I want to change an evolutionary line, sounds cool?
    But I can't manage to find what the Egg-hatching data bytes are.

So, if I change Pokemon X1 that evolves to X2 to evolving into Y, then my X2 eggs will still give X1, which is an issue.

Any information about egg moves and egg groups pointers is welcome as well,

thank you in advance :3

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2016
    I would like to know how to delete the rival ( I know it's not so much as delete from ROM as eliminate from game play). I've seen a tutorial about it on Wack-a-hack and PC about 2 years ago and have been unable to relocate it. Any help on how to do this or finding a tutorial on it would be much appreciated.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    Ok forget that question, I have a new problem. I changed my bicycle music in sappy, by getting a .mid file and converting it to .s

Than replaced the bike's music in sappy. Now I have 2 problems, I'm hoping someone can answer at least one of them.

1: When the track ends in game, it doesn't repeat. I'm not sure if its supposed to repeat or not but.. Basically All I did was, I got my .s file, opened rom in sappy, clicked bicycle, clicked assemble song, I selected the .s file's destination, then clicked on address instead of song num. I left everything else alone. I 'cooked it' and that was that. So, how can I make it so that the song keeps repeating, rather?

2: This is a small little problem that has nothing to do with the track tbh. The little bicycle 'ding ding' ring right when you hop on the bike, how can I remove it? I, at first, thought it was apart of the sound track, but it's actually its own thing, since it still does it.

This is all in FireRed, by the way.

Thanks in Advance,
    PokéMew
    For the first problem, that's because you need to use this tutorial to loop it. Not sure about the second one.
    I would like to know how to delete the rival ( I know it's not so much as delete from ROM as eliminate from game play). I've seen a tutorial about it on Wack-a-hack and PC about 2 years ago and have been unable to relocate it. Any help on how to do this or finding a tutorial on it would be much appreciated.
    You shouldn't really need to find a tutorial for it, just open advance map and delete the script/person event for each encounter. Some parts might be more complicated though (for example, you'll have to edit the scripts in oak's lab to remove any mention of your rival, and make some modifications to the champion battle.) And it's worth mentioning that deleting the scripts means that some flags won't get set, which will probably stop you from progressing in the game. If you want to fix this you'll also need to edit some other scripts, assuming you just want to play the game without the rival.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2016
    ..."]this[/URL] tutorial to loop it. Not sure about the second one.

You shouldn't really need to find a tutorial for it, just open advance map and delete the script/person event for each encounter. Some parts might be more complicated though (for example, you'll have to edit the scripts in oak's lab to remove any mention of your rival, and make some modifications to the champion battle.) And it's worth mentioning that deleting the scripts means that some flags won't get set, which will probably stop you from progressing in the game. If you want to fix this you'll also need to edit some other scripts, assuming you just want to play the game without the rival.[/QUOTE]

Yeh the tatorial I'm looking for is more of a list of all rival scripts needing to be removed with a lust of flags related to the rival. Although it's not really a tatorial, but it called itself one. Either way finding that list again would be extremely helpful in saving me time. Thank you though

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
    Years
  • Thanks, but I ended up using the hard version of looping before seeing your post -_- well either way, I got it to work.

Now I have one more question. Does anyone know how I can change the speed of the bicycle in FireRed to the default player's speed?

Thanks,
    PokéMew

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back