• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 17, 2020
    Is charizard or venusaur or blastois ow sprite used in pokemno ruby? Becouse they are in the rom but I cant find them in a-map, and i want to replace one or all of them with new sprites

Mystelex

My question is how to make the windows of the buildings change palletes at night , like diegoisawesome did in CrystalDust ?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Is charizard or venusaur or blastois ow sprite used in pokemno ruby? Becouse they are in the rom but I cant find them in a-map, and i want to replace one or all of them with new sprites

Those are dolls used in Secret Bases. So if you're not using Secret Bases, you can replace those. :3

PurpleOrange

still don't know what I'm doing
    Years
  • Is charizard or venusaur or blastois ow sprite used in pokemno ruby? Becouse they are in the rom but I cant find them in a-map, and i want to replace one or all of them with new sprites

i don't think you could even get them in ruby without cheating, so you should be able to change them without any problems at all :)

Is it possible to update the Pokémon Icons?
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:006MS.png
    In this link, you can see Charizard's icons, just has an example (My signature has other new icons, too).
    How can I change this icons, if it's possible?

use advanced pokemon icon editor and import the new icons. but i'm afraid you'll have to find/ make them yourself as they have to be in the format of gen III (see the attachment as to what i mean) and i don't know if there are currently any made in the format so far

Years
  • use advanced pokemon icon editor and import the new icons. but i'm afraid you'll have to find/ make them yourself as they have to be in the format of gen III (see the attachment as to what i mean) and i don't know if there are currently any made in the format so far

Okay bro, thanks. Problem is only the size, as it has to be 32x64 while new icons are 40x80?

Years
  • I'm afraid you'll have to resize them unfortunately. Probably using GIMP/Photoshop, and index the colors with Irfanview/Photoshop.

I tried resizing with Paint, just to check how it'd go, and it got horrible... Don't know if it is possible, at all... =/
    I'll try using GIMP or Photoshop, but I'm not good editing images. =P Let's see.
    Thanks for the help, guys!

Years
  • I tried resizing with Paint, just to check how it'd go, and it got horrible... Don't know if it is possible, at all... =/
    I'll try using GIMP or Photoshop, but I'm not good editing images. =P Let's see.
    Thanks for the help, guys!
    Paint won't index images. That's a problem here.
    Also, if you want a Charizard icon sprite, why not just use the one that's already programmed in?
    All you have to do is open a vanilla FR ROM in a hex editor, go to 0x3D37C0, copy the pointer there(which should be 18 52 D3 08 if I'm not mistaken), and save that to notepad. Then calculate this out; 3D37A4 plus (4 times the pokemon's number that you're putting Charizard in). There should be a pointer at that location. Paste over that with the pointer you found at 0x3D37C0, and then save. Test it out; you should have a Charizard icon sprite for that Pokémon slot.

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2016
    Hi guys, do you know how to change the roaming pokémon in FireRed? I want to replace Suicune, Raikou and Entei for Mew, since I already made events for the three dogs. Do you guys have any clue?

Years
  • Paint won't index images. That's a problem here.
    Also, if you want a Charizard icon sprite, why not just use the one that's already programmed in?
    All you have to do is open a vanilla FR ROM in a hex editor, go to 0x3D37C0, copy the pointer there(which should be 18 52 D3 08 if I'm not mistaken), and save that to notepad. Then calculate this out; 3D37A4 plus (4 times the pokemon's number that you're putting Charizard in). There should be a pointer at that location. Paste over that with the pointer you found at 0x3D37C0, and then save. Test it out; you should have a Charizard icon sprite for that Pokémon slot.

I want to actually update the icons to the newest version. They look much nicer. =P
    I know paint is simple, just wanted to give it a try. Se how it would be.

Years
  • I'm using Advance Item Editor and I'm having some issues using the same item description twice. When I insert the item description offset in a clear item description (the "?????" description), the description in the offset I inserted becomes "?????" too. How can I use Black Belt's description more than once, for example?
    Also, I can't seem to add item images. They are all 24x24 and with no more than 16 colors, but the program doesn't accept them. I have also decreased color depth to 16.
    Nothing worked, and so I inserted both items images and respective palettes using Nameless Sprite Editor, but it was no good too.
    Tried importing, by loading the ofsets of image and palette separatedely. Nothing. Here's what happens every single time I try:
    View attachment 75820
    Any ideas?

C me

Creator of Pokemon League Of Legends
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2021
    I'm using Advance Item Editor and I'm having some issues using the same item description twice. When I insert the item description offset in a clear item description (the "?????" description), the description in the offset I inserted becomes "?????" too. How can I use Black Belt's description more than once, for example?
    Also, I can't seem to add item images. They are all 24x24 and with no more than 16 colors, but the program doesn't accept them. I have also decreased color depth to 16.
    Nothing worked, and so I inserted both items images and respective palettes using Nameless Sprite Editor, but it was no good too.
    Tried importing, by loading the ofsets of image and palette separatedely. Nothing. Here's what happens every single time I try:
    View attachment 75820
    Any ideas?

G3t's item editor worked the best for me. Insert item images in UnlZ then put in the offset in G3t.

As for your first question, did you give the item a new item index number, the ????? are set to 0.

Years
  • G3t's item editor worked the best for me. Insert item images in UnlZ then put in the offset in G3t.

As for your first question, did you give the item a new item index number, the ????? are set to 0.

Index number? Nothing ever asked for that?
    How do I index my item image? I assumed the index thing was related to item index...
    As for the description, it already exists, but I can use it twice... I'll try G3T, though. I'll get back to you guys.

As for my last question, I found this:
    http://pokemon.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Pokémon
    In this list, all the Pokémon Party Icons are 32x32. Problem now is that, shouldn't it be two icons for every Pokémon, so they can "move" when in the party?
    I can't seem to find these second icons (for this version) nowhere, not even bigger than 32x32. What do I do? Post the same icon twice, so they just don't move?

Years
    • Age 23
    • Online now
    Would anybody happen to know how to make the Thick Club, Stick, and Deep Sea items work for different Pokemon? I'm helping someone with a translation hack and we're porting everything to an English Fire Red ROM.

surfer treecko

help, how do I...?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    I've been using the Gen 3 hacking suite to edit and in some cases repoint Pokemon moveset data, and in the process have broken Golem and Ponyta's move data. What I think has happened is that I've managed to change their moveset offset to something that points to the wrong place, but unfortunately the program throws error messages at me whenever I open the moveset tab rather than showing me what the offset is or letting me change it.

Where in the ROM would the pointer to their movesets be located (or at least how could I go about finding this out) so that I can change it to something that's valid? And has anyone else who's used Gen 3 hacking suite managed to break something just by editing and repointing movesets?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back