• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Questions Thread! [OLD]

Years
ok so major newbie on the forums here

i'm looking to get into the collection side of things. With Ancient origins being the latest set released, am I best starting there?

Cheers
Fraser

Really depends on what cards you're interested in collecting.

1. Does anyone know the origin of "World Championships" cards? I have a few from grab bags. The back is drastically different from typical cards. If I'm correct, Pokémon World Championships is a real life event? I have never attended one. Mine came from some cheap third party repackaging. The borders are silver and each one is signed with a name I don't recognise. I have ones from PWC 2013 and PWC 2014. Are they valuable at all?

Pretty sure they don't have much value unless you have the whole set, but I'm curious too. I've got 2 that say 2005 on the back

The World Championships decks are promo decks released by The Pokemon Compnay every year and they are just composed of non-play legal cards and use deck lists used by the top 3 in each age group from the previous World Championships. The idea is to get people used to playing the TCG competitively and try and encourage more people to play competitively. They've been running them for a while. Can't remember exactly when they started.

They're basically worthless on their own, and only have any significant value when still sealed in the deck box, from a collector's standpoint.

Nidorina of Time Lord

Waiting for the Sun to come...
Years
Really depends on what cards you're interested in collecting.

The World Championships decks are promo decks released by The Pokemon Compnay every year and they are just composed of non-play legal cards and use deck lists used by the top 3 in each age group from the previous World Championships. The idea is to get people used to playing the TCG competitively and try and encourage more people to play competitively. They've been running them for a while. Can't remember exactly when they started.

They're basically worthless on their own, and only have any significant value when still sealed in the deck box, from a collector's standpoint.

Mine are worthless, then. But I'll hold on to them since I have no one to trade with. Like I said, I didn't get them from a deck. They were just scattered in a random package that I got cheaply.

Years
Oh, I meant what kinds of packages you can find them in (boosters, theme decks, etc.).

Any of the boosters from the various XY sets (or anything that contains booster packs like the tins, booster boxes, elite trainer boxes, and the "Collection" boxes) have a chance, though they're kind of rare. I don't think there are any promo Megas out there right now, though I could be wrong. Haven't seen any that I can recall.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I got into Pokemon TCG Online a few weeks back. I'm considering getting another Theme Deck (the Theme Deck format is my main format, since I don't have enough cards to put together the more popular ones, like Night March or ToadBats). So which of these two is better: Aurora Blast or Storm Rider?

Years
I got into Pokemon TCG Online a few weeks back. I'm considering getting another Theme Deck (the Theme Deck format is my main format, since I don't have enough cards to put together the more popular ones, like Night March or ToadBats). So which of these two is better: Aurora Blast or Storm Rider?

What sets are those from? I'm not familiar with which theme decks go with which sets since I really have no interest in them.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Years
I don't know if this Question has been asked else where or not, but I have recently (Last night) downloaded TCGO. I was so excited to play it to! I've been collecting the online codes for a while.
I have a windows 10, Acer with intel, so I download it and I set it up, however when I start playing, (Because im a newb to the Online version, I wanted to go through the tutorial,) So this guy, who i've figured out his name is Zach, keeps trying to introduce himself,
Stranger: I'm....
and then my computer says there is something wrong and the program shuts down, I've been searching everywhere to try and fix it, I've tried to fix it myself, I don't know whats wrong,
Is there a way I can fix this? and is anyone else having this problem?

Years
I don't know if this Question has been asked else where or not, but I have recently (Last night) downloaded TCGO. I was so excited to play it to! I've been collecting the online codes for a while.
I have a windows 10, Acer with intel, so I download it and I set it up, however when I start playing, (Because im a newb to the Online version, I wanted to go through the tutorial,) So this guy, who i've figured out his name is Zach, keeps trying to introduce himself,
Stranger: I'm....
and then my computer says there is something wrong and the program shuts down, I've been searching everywhere to try and fix it, I've tried to fix it myself, I don't know whats wrong,
Is there a way I can fix this? and is anyone else having this problem?

What are the hardware specs of your computer? As in, what does it say under "System" when you click "Start", then right click "Computer" and select "Properties"?

Years
What are the hardware specs of your computer? As in, what does it say under "System" when you click "Start", then right click "Computer" and select "Properties"?

Um, it says Processor: Intel(R) Celeron (R) CPU N2920 @ 1.86GHz
Installed Memory (RAM): 8.00 GB (7.89 GB usable)
System Type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor
Pen and Touch: Full Windows Touch Support with 10 Touch Points

I hope this is help full

Years
Um, it says Processor: Intel(R) Celeron (R) CPU N2920 @ 1.86GHz
Installed Memory (RAM): 8.00 GB (7.89 GB usable)
System Type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor
Pen and Touch: Full Windows Touch Support with 10 Touch Points

I hope this is help full

That processor is for the most part not fast enough to run the game.

Also, Windows 10 is not officially supported yet by the Pokemon TCG Online. Their official system requirements page does not list it yet.

Years
That processor is for the most part not fast enough to run the game.

Also, Windows 10 is not officially supported yet by the Pokemon TCG Online. Their official system requirements page does not list it yet.

Oh okay, cause it seems to run fine until that point its even gotten a bit farther sometimes, so will i have to wait until it updates?

ジュナイパー

シャドーアローズ? ??トライク!
Years
Hello! My brother got this card in a booster pack:

XY1_EN_79.png

Can someone go into more detail on what Evil Ball does? Thanks!

Years
Hello! My brother got this card in a booster pack:

XY1_EN_79.png

Can someone go into more detail on what Evil Ball does? Thanks!

Okay, so, you know what Active Pokemon are, right?

Now count up the number of energy (not energy cards, energy) attached to each player's Active Pokemon. Add the two totals together and times that by 20. Now you have the damage Evil Ball does.

ジュナイパー

シャドーアローズ? ??トライク!
Years
Okay, so, you know what Active Pokemon are, right?

Now count up the number of energy (not energy cards, energy) attached to each player's Active Pokemon. Add the two totals together and times that by 20. Now you have the damage Evil Ball does.
So, since Evil Ball requires two energy, and Y Cyclone requires three energy, so you add five to the active Pokemon's energy and multiply that by twenty?

Back