• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Questions Thread! [OLD]

Electricbluewolf

Bᴇ pıɟɟǝɹǝuʇ
Years
So, since Evil Ball requires two energy, and Y Cyclone requires three energy, so you add five to the active Pokemon's energy and multiply that by twenty?

Not exactly.

Evil Ball needs 2 Energy to attack. Say you attach that amount of Energy, and the opponent's active Pokemon has no Energy, it would be 2 x 20, so it would do a Base damage of 40.

Now, if you had a Double Colourless onto your Active Pokemon, with the required Dark Energy, even though you have 2 Energy cards you have 3 Energies on Yveltal, as Double Colourless counts as two Energies, so you'd times by 3- 3 x 20, 60 damage.

So back to the first example, you have two Energies attached to Yveltal, so he does 40. The opponent's Active Pokemon also has two Energies on them. You would add yours up (40) then add theirs on ( x 2, 40), so it'd would do 80 all together.

If you had 5 energies on Yveltal you would do 5 x 20 so 100 Base attack. Y Cyclone is a separate attack, so unless you're using it you don't need to fill the Energy requirements

Last edited:
Years
So, since Evil Ball requires two energy, and Y Cyclone requires three energy, so you add five to the active Pokemon's energy and multiply that by twenty?

It's basically as Electricbluewolf says.

I'd just like to clarify that the energy symbols printed on the card are only there to let you know how many energy need to be attached to the Pokemon before you can use that particular attack (also, you do not discard your energy after you attack unless the attack or some other card effect specifically tells you to).

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 29, 2016
I have a staraptor but it has a typo so instead of the title saying staraptor it said staraptop...
Is this worth anything more, if so how much, has this been seen before?

Card INFO: Staraptor 11/147

Electricbluewolf

Bᴇ pıɟɟǝɹǝuʇ
Years
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 1, 2016
Just starting out again after collecting in childhood. Just have a few questions

Is there a meta/rouge that has the Slowpoke family or Blaziken? These are my favourites pokes, failing that Gen 3 Pokemon?

How popular is the ptcg? I have played Yugioh and magic before and was wondering how popular Pokemon is? The card prices seem to be much cheaper than these two other card games.

Is the game stable

Thanks in advance to anyone that answer these questions?

Electricbluewolf

Bᴇ pıɟɟǝɹǝuʇ
Years
Just starting out again after collecting in childhood. Just have a few questions

Is there a meta/rouge that has the Slowpoke family or Blaziken? These are my favourites pokes, failing that Gen 3 Pokemon?

How popular is the ptcg? I have played Yugioh and magic before and was wondering how popular Pokemon is? The card prices seem to be much cheaper than these two other card games.

Is the game stable

Thanks in advance to anyone that answer these questions?

There's an interesting concept with the newest set released Slowbro/Slowking- (this is a very loose deck but gives the general idea) http://ou7c4st.boards.net/thread/262/pre-breakpoint-slowbro-friends-standard

It is pretty popular, but I would say more for casual. Of course you get the big events and a lot of people turn up, but if you live somewhere a bit remote you may find local league a bit harder to get the numbers.
Compared to Yu-Gi-Oh and MTG there are a lot more players in that category. Pokemon cards are often cheaper as there is more of them, and there more aimed for children (In fact the most expensive is Secret Rare Ultra Ball at $100-120). Most cards that are rare also come in non holo rare, holo rare and rev holo rare, making it more common to get it in the first place, not just one chance. Also many cards are released in different sets, making them playable from much later sets, and unlike Yu-Gi-Oh often in decks you need 1-3 of the cards, not 4.

Hope this helps, it's a great fun to play as some decks have great techniques.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 2, 2020
After all these years I finally found a picture of the hard to find ancient mew play-mat. But the back pic is unreadable. Anyone happen to have it and could maybe scan it so I can read what it says?

$_12.JPG
$_12.JPG

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 2, 2020
Oh well. At least I finally know what it looks like. Would have bought off the seller on ebay if I had known about it and now I cant inquire about it because I cant contact the seller at all. It was in such good pristine condition.

Years
Hello, I'm starting to get back into the Poke'mon TCG and i was wondering if you had any deck suggestions? I'm pretty okay when it comes to deck building, but I was just curious what kind of decks work well nowadays? Thanks!

Years
  • Age 42
  • Seen Apr 26, 2016
Howdy!

I was going through some of my Roaring Skies cards and found that I had a #52 full art Dragonite that was printed as a Stage 1 pokemon. I have another exactly like it in every way that is listed as Stage 2. I cannot find anything else online about this card. Is this a common misprint? Is it a misprint at all?

Thanks!

Electricbluewolf

Bᴇ pıɟɟǝɹǝuʇ
Years
Hello, I'm starting to get back into the Poke'mon TCG and i was wondering if you had any deck suggestions? I'm pretty okay when it comes to deck building, but I was just curious what kind of decks work well nowadays? Thanks!

It really depends what you'd like to play-your favourite type or style of play as well. Some take a while to set up but hit more, some take shorter to set up but hit for less.

Howdy!

I was going through some of my Roaring Skies cards and found that I had a #52 full art Dragonite that was printed as a Stage 1 pokemon. I have another exactly like it in every way that is listed as Stage 2. I cannot find anything else online about this card. Is this a common misprint? Is it a misprint at all?

Thanks!

Have you got a photo?

Years
Now...does anyone actually play the card game?

There are quite a large number of people that do, as evidenced by the turnouts at major tournaments like US Nationals and Worlds.

Here you go.

Sorry for the late response. Yes, it seems to be a legitimate misprint after searching around. Supposedly it's only on the non-holo version that comes in the theme deck for Roaring Skies that contains it.

Years
No I know some people take the card game seriously bit I meant you guy. Are you just collectors or battlers?

Myself? I largely collect. But mostly because I live so far from leagues and all of my friends are into Magic or Weiss Schwarz rather than playing Pokemon on the level I got into it. When I had more free time, I'd drive to official leagues and tournaments an hour away and go play every couple weeks.

I occasionally play the TCGO as well, but I've never really liked the deck building interface in the game client, and that tends to turn me off of playing there when I actually do have the time to wait for my computer to boot up. I'd play it all the time if there were an Android app, though, and I've been tempted to buy an iPad just for the TCGO before.

Also, I'm presently a wee bit more into anime and manga on a personal interest level (in no small part due to ease of access).

Back