• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[R/B/Y/G/S/C] The Nuzlocke Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2010
    @ Urwaldbewohner: Congratz!

Major Update:

I added some rules for myself:
    -No healing items. Ever!
    -No repels
    -5 poké balls per city

Beat Rival Lennon. Then in Ilex Forest I caught a Kakuna and named it Minc, then Togepi (Philip) hatched!
    Headbutted a tree on Route 34, Weedle fell out, so I left it alone... Decided to not take on Whitney yet.

Rousseau evolved fighting the trainers on Route 35, I went to the bugcatching contest and decided not
    to catch the wild Paras (regrets). After the contest I beat the trainers and Arc evolved into Skiploom!

Went back to Goldenrod with a sleep powder/paralyze tactic for Miltank but Rousseau just annihilated her!!
    First pokemon I encountered on Route 36 was Yanma!! Named him Napoleon. I hate it that they're so
    useless in this gen... It can still replace Minc though. Caught a Ledyba on Route 37, named him Ceasar.

Went to Burnt Tower, almost got Charleroi killed by his Croconaw. I encountered a Rattata (too bad).
    Heatbutted another tree on Route 42, hoping for heracross or something, but a Spearow fell out (left it alone).

Still scared of Morty, so I continued onto Route 38, where I encountered Meowth, which I killed.
    On Route 39 I encountered a Raticate, which i already have (Rousseau). Arc evolved into Jumpluff!

Got a Good Rod in Olivine, and used it in the local pond, reeled in a Magikarp... didn't want it.
    Route 40 was better luck (Good Rod). Reeled in a Corsola and took about 15 minutes to catch (recoverpowerrrs).
    Named it Churchill! I then stored Togepi Philip and withdrew Churchill. Trained him to level 24, he then completely
    pwnd Morty's Gengar and final Haunter.

I love Churchill!!!!

Poke balls: 7

Current party:
    Churchill (Corsola lvl. 24)
    Arc (Jumpluff lvl. 27)
    Charleroi (Quilava lvl. 26)
    Assisi (Zubar lvl. 10)
    Napoleon (Yanma lvl. 13)
    Rousseau (Raticate lvl. 24)

Years
  • Finally got finished with grinding.
    Time for Red.
    Spoiler:

I am very tempted to do another Nuzlocke run (the Pearl one doesn't count here since it's on another sytem), so let's see what I'm going to do.

Years
  • Ah, sad tidings I bring =(

-Grinded my Pokemon several levels
    -Got team mostly to level 33, save for Orum
    -Mustered up my courage and went to battle Chuck
    -Good news is (thanks to Fethrblaka) no fatalities
    -Went on happily to Mahogany Town
    -Head to the Lake of Rage, ready to capture that shiny Gyarados
    -Battled it...and it killed Orum! =(
    -Tried to capture it, but failed. The stupid Gyarados then killed itself from confusion -_-; Now I'm forever Gyarados-less I do believe (because I don't think I feel like training more Magikarp XD)
    -Headed back to Mahogany with a heavy heart and deposited poor Orum
    -Moved to the base thingie, and headed down thar with Lance
    -Nearly lost Brisingr to the dang exploding Geodude, but he made it and I healed him up
    -The same thing happened with Garjzla, but he fainted -_-; (And it was right after I'd gotten him groomed, too!) Alas, my hopes for an Espeon have crumbled
    -On that happy note, I pressed on and battled more people
    -Soon I defeated them all, save for that darned Electrode that exploded and killed Adurna T.T
    -Went back out of the base and stowed away my dead Pokemon, sort of freaking out because I only have two on my team
    -Went into the gym, Fethrblaka evolved! =D
    -Beat Pryce easily, thanks partially to Fly and to Brisingr =3
    -Went to the Ice Cave and saw a Swinub! Fainted it with Tackle -_-;
    -Went back to the route, taught Kodthr Surf and then went on the water
    -Didn't see any fish, but saw a Weepinbell! Captured and named it Laufsblad
    -Thinks my team is screwed XD

Team:

Typhlosion (Brisingr)
    Level: 38
    Moves:
    -Quick Attack
    -Cut
    -Smokescreen
    -Flame Wheel

Pidgeot (Fethrblaka)
    Level: 37
    Moves:
    -Tackle
    -Wing Attack
    -Fly
    -Quick Attack

Boxed:
    Bjart (Togepi)
    Blaka (Hoothoot)
    Kodthr (Tentacruel)
    Shuckie (Shuckle)
    Laufsblad (Weepinbell)

KIA:
    Flauga (Zubat)
    Skolir (Nidoran F)
    Skulblaka (Magikarp)
    Thringa (Krabby)
    Orum (Gyarados)
    Garjzla (Eevee)
    Seaking (Adurna)

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2010
    I messed up..

-In Union cave stupid Geodudes use selfdestruct.. R.I.P Arc..R.I.P Rousseau
    -Ruins of Alph caught Natu (Marx) This was hopeful after losing two
    of my best teammembers.
    - Marx Evolves into Xatu
    - Cherrygrove didn't catch Magikarp
    - Route 41 didn't catch Tentacruel
    - Withdrew Ceasar, Ceasar survives Horsea's Dragonbreath with 1 hp; Marx dies...
    - Only two good teammembers left..
    - Decided I need a new pokemon...
    - Cianwood caught Magikarp (schumacher)
    - Schumacher evolved into Gyarados

Whole team gets destroyed by first fighting-gym trainers...

So nope... that didn't work out, mainly because i was impatient and irresponsible.

I feel sad I let my team down

Years
  • Ok, I'm incredibly bored at this very moment and I don't feel like playing on the DS, and I also don't feel like continuing my Scramble right now because it's being tedious.
    So: It's about time to Nuzlocke something, and I'm going with...
    Pokemon Brown. A hack of Red that I played a bit some months ago, but don't remember too much of, because I only played it once.
    I will do this as a screenshot run. Let's see how this is going to turn out.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

By the way, I hate tinypic now for having to type 2 stupid words for each picture I want to upload... I'lll have to find something different.

Spoiler:

Update:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • I am so working this challenge on Crystal version. I'll be kind of copying the steps that mondays suck did =D

Years
  • I wana do this! Yellow style :D

EDIT:
    *Ok i started the game and I am now A
    and my rival is B
    *got my pikachu (which is A) and saw it on route 1 so no capturing
    *did the mart stuff and headed to route 22 hoping to get a mankey (bought 10 pokeballs)
    *found a mankey at lvl 3 and got it named it B. Goin to grind em
    *I beat B with both lvl 8 A and B
    *Headed towards Viridian Forest
    *Got to Route 2 and saw a Rattata (C) first, so i caught it (goin to store it)
    *In Viridian Forest, hoping for a caterpie or weedle
    *saw a pidgey and killed it
    *All my pokemon are at half-life and i need to beat that lvl 10 caterpie
    *YES!!!!!!!!! i beat the caterpie with 2HP left on my Mankey, and No pp in thundershock on my Pikachu (rattata died)
    *Not sure if the patch of grass before pewter is a new route so i grinded
    *Finished grinding and onto the gym
    *Defeated Brock with Mankey

Team:
    (A)
    Moves:
    Thundershock
    Tail Whip
    Growl
    Thunderwave

(B)
    Moves:
    Low Kick
    Scratch
    Leer

FW (Fallen Warriors):
    Rattata (C)

Last edited:
    Years
  • I am so working this challenge on Crystal version. I'll be kind of copying the steps that mondays suck did =D
    You better don't follow my strategy exactly. I was playing sloppy, had tons of grinding deaths, got wiped in Ecruteak... I didn't have a working team before Blackthorn....

As for my current Brown run, things are going pretty well at this moment. In particular, that means:
    Spoiler:

Damn, I had already partially written my next update, then pressed f5 for some reason, and now I have to write it all again. Great.
    Spoiler:

No more updates until today's evening because there's a thunderstorm approaching.
    Spoiler:

More Update.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • You better don't follow my strategy exactly. I was playing sloppy, had tons of grinding deaths, got wiped in Ecruteak... I didn't have a working team before Blackthorn....

No I mean the steps you did for posting!

Anyways, I started out, named myself Lumm and went to proffessor elm and picked cyndaquil which I nicknamed Henning (Swedish name)
    Anyways, I went along for a little while and run into a wild HootHoot, which I nicknamed Jasmine. We continued for a while (this was after mr.pokemon of course) and on the next route, I found a Poliwag, that I named Isabelle, whom I intend on keeping through the whole game. Of course, I have to battle the 2 youngsters right up there, and while trying to train Jasmine Ratata spammed the tail whip and OHKO'd Jasmine D:
    I went up to Violet city and went to Sprout tower, where I found a Gastly which I caught and nicknamed Charlotte (all randomly generated), I won against the sprout master with 1 hp left on Charlotte. I then went to the gym, where I only really used Henning. So here's my team:

:t156: Henning-Tackle-Leer-Smokescreen-Ember Lvl 14
    :t092: Charlotte-Lick-Hypnosis Lvl 6
    :t060: Isabelle-Bubble-Hypnosis Lvl 10

DEAD x_x
    :t163: Jasmine-Tackle-Growl Lvl 2-killed by Rattata

Years
  • So, here's the result of my exploration of Owsauri City:
    Spoiler:

So, we take on the gym, and...
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

...and the next Update is here:
    Spoiler:

Moraga Town it's not exactly a Town, but it's confusing as hell. In particular, that means:
    Spoiler:

Aaargh, I had already written all this, but then accidentally closed Firefox, and now I have to write everything again. Thank god it's screenshot based.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • So here's my update

I went down through the route under Violet City and run into an Ekans! I named it Ethan (Randomly generated), went down to that cave near Azalea and found a Sandshrew (useless-named Meaghan) and went onwards and killed rockets at slowpoke well, instead of slowpoke being the firstg found, there's Zubat! ( Always fun)-named Moorea (mom gave me a weird name). Anyways I beat the leader and beat my rival (It was so difficult) and now I'm training my team near Goldenrod, oh and Charlotte died in the Rival battle D:
    Here we are:

:t041: Moorea-Leechlife-Supersonic-Swift-Bite-Lvl 15
    :t156: Henning-Tackle-Leer-Smokescreen-Ember-Lvl 19
    :t027: Meaghan-Scratch-DefenseCurl-Cut-Lvl 6
    :t060: Isabelle-Bubble-Hypnosis-WaterGun-Lvl 17
    :t054: Gommo-Scratch-TailWhip-Lvl 7

DEAD
    :t163: Jasmine-Tackle-Growl-Lvl2-Killed by Rattata
    :t092: Charlotte-Lick-Hypnosis-Lvl12-Killed by Zubat

Years
  • Since we did everything in Moraga Town, it's now time to head further to the east, to Jaeru City. Which is pretty small, so there's not much to do here.
    Spoiler:

Rebuildan.
    Spoiler:

More story progress.
    Spoiler:

Next city time. A rather strange one this time
    Spoiler:

No one posted overnight? Ah, whatever...
    Spoiler:

Exploring+Gym Leader
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Now, after having finished grinding to level 40, we take on that forest in Botan City.
    Spoiler:

As promised, the forest:
    Spoiler:

Enough updates for today. Here are the team and the map.
    Spoiler:

Massive Update.
    Spoiler:

INTRODUCING...
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • See the new team in action.
    Spoiler:

The Johto part of this game
    Spoiler:

Decided to skip that Pokemon choice until I really need one. I'm not planning to replace anyone in my current team anyways.
    Spoiler:

Time for the next gym.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • Oh, mondays suck, you're doing Brown ! :)
    Sign me up for Brown, RaveSage. I'll update later tomorrow !

EDIT : Dammit, I deleted the ROM from my laptop ... oh crap, I'm gonna need to download ... X-(
    *throughly searches Hacks Showcase*
    Phew ! So there it is !
    Problem solved ! ;)

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

UPDATE 1

Well, this update contains Seashore-Merson stuff : (note : I have no Pics since tinypic likes being annoying)

Spoiler:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    TEAM :

Seed Thing (Bulbasaur) Lv. 13 : Tackle, Vine Whip, Growl, Leech Seed
    It flies ? (Doduo) Lv. 5 : Peck

DEAD :

WHYYYY (Zubat)

BOXED :

none

========================================================

UPDATE 0

-> I lost. I went looking for Pokemon to beat Karpman and both Seed Thing and It flies ? died against a Spearow .

------------------------------------------------------------------------

SCREW BROWN, I'M PLAYING ...

> POKEMON SILVER VERSION NUZLOCKE<

Last edited:
    Years
  • Yeah, the beginning is pretty damn hard in Brown. I only survived because of severe Bulbasaur overgrinding and luck, like when I caught that Hitmonchan in Merson that would have killed me the next turn.
    That Spearow... Was that also from that one patch of grass? That would explain why it was able to kill you...

Anyways, here's my newest update:
    Spoiler:

Cave exploration. With interesting results.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • Yeah, the beginning is pretty damn hard in Brown. I only survived because of severe Bulbasaur overgrinding and luck, like when I caught that Hitmonchan in Merson that would have killed me the next turn.
    That Spearow... Was that also from that one patch of grass? That would explain why it was able to kill you...

Anyways, here's my newest update:
    Spoiler:

It was ! :P
    It went like this : Spearow used Peck !
    Seed Thing fainted.
    Go ! It flies ? !
    Spearow used Peck !
    It flies ? died ...

=======================================================

1st Gold NUZLOCKE Update ! -Zephyr Deaths !-

Well, I begun my Gold nuzlocke with Cyndaquil (Fire Item). Got no Pokemon on both Rt. 29 and 30. Got the egg to Elm. Named my rival CRAPPP and myself Vaber (rng).
    I caught a Ratatta on Route 29 (ROTTEN.RAT) and a HootHoot on Rt. 30 (NIGHTPIDGY). I also killed a Rattata on Rt. 46. In Dark Cave I got a Zubat (WHYYYY, to commemorate my Brown Zubat >.<) and a Gastly in Sprout Tower (ROUNDGHOST). Both WHYYYYYY and ROUNDGHOST sit quietly in in Box 1.
    I took on Sprout Tower and ruined everyone. I grinded a little before fighting Falkner. NIGHTPIDGY died from Pidgeotto but ROTTEN.RAT owned with Quick Attack. I hatched the egg in Violet, named VIOLET EGG and deposited.
    I also caught a Bellsprout on Rt. 31 (Skin Bro)
    I saved. To do : continue storyline !

{]{]{]{]{]{]{]{]{]{]{]{]{]{]{]{]{]{]{]{]{]{]{]{]{]{]{]{]{]{]
    TEAM :

FIRE ITEM Lv. 12 (Cyndaquil) Ember, Tackle, SmokeScreen, Leer
    ROTTEN.RAT Lv. 12 (Ratatta) Quick Attack, Tackle, Tail Whip

BOXED :

WHYYYY Lv. 3 (Zubat) Leech Life
    ROUNDGHOST Lv. 5 (Gastly) Lick, Hypnosis
    SKINBRO Lv. 4 (Bellsprout) Vine Whip

DIED :

NIGHTPIDGY Lv. 11 (HootHoot)

=======================================================

Years
  • Mini-Update, but it contains surprise.
    Spoiler:

As promised:
    Spoiler:

With no legends to fight left, I decide to check that cave in Eagulou that was previously blocked out instead.
    Spoiler:

Team after grinding and with some major moveset improvements. Victory Road should be no problem with this unless I have to fight 25 levels higher stuff again suddenly.
    Spoiler:

I was about to make this update about the way to Pokemon league happen a bit later to make things interesting, but I couldn't restrain myself from continuing.
    So:
    Spoiler:

I decided to put this on a hiatus, because the Elite 4 battles are going to deserve something better than just being edited into a post with far less interesting and important stuff in it. It just would take a part out of the epicness.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Vroke

Starmie FTW
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2016
    I decided to do this, so I pulled up my Crystal emulator (how I love those things) and began.

Chapter One: The Road to Violet City
    Name: Crystal
    Version: Crystal

Optional Rules Used:
    No healing outside of battle

I started off in New Bark Town by picking the Pokemon of my favorite type, Water. After doing the Mr. Pokemon part of the game, I was leaving New Bark Town with:

:t158: Totodile, Lv. 9 - New Bark Town

Because I ran into a Pidgey on Route 29 and a Ledyba on Route 30, I couldn't catch anything until Route 31. Once there, I managed to get a Caterpie, and I got a Geodude from Dark Cave. Not bad. I entered Violet City with:

:t158: Totodile, Lv. 11 - New Bark Town
    :t010: Caterpie, Lv. 4 - Route 31
    :t074: Geodude, Lv. 3 - Dark Cave

Sprout Tower proved easy enough. I also managed to get a Rattata in there too, bringing my team up to 4. After Sprout Tower, I figured I'd level up Geodude to Lv. 11 so he could learn Rock Throw to make Faulkner even easier. Unfortunately, while training, a Bellsprout hit it with Vine Whip and it landed a critical hit. So much for Geodude. Instead, it was Metapod and Totodile that led the charge against Faulker.

As I was getting set to leave Violet City and head to Azalea town, my team looked like this:

Team:
    :t158: Totodile, Lv. 14 - New Bark Town
    :t011: Metapod, Lv. 9 - Route 31
    :t019: Rattata, Lv. 4 - Sprout Tower

Box:
    None

Dead:
    :t074: Geodude, Lv. 8 - Dark Cave [Killed by Bellsprout]

And now I'm going to take a bit of a break. I'll continue it later today.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back