• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen R.I.P. Diamond and Pearl?

What will you do with D/P?

• I'll use D/P to only train and send Pokemon to Platinum

Votes: 59 59.6%
  • I'll play D/P most likely

Votes: 24 24.2%
  • I'm not even getting Platinum, so I'm still playing D/P

Votes: 16 16.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Platinum will be my main game from now on. My Diamond version is most likely going to collect dust now which already has been doing for about a month.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Idk if I posted here yet. =P Well, I would just transfer my Diamond Pokémon to Platinum, but I won't use them for in-game. I would like to start fresh with my Platinum Pokémon. =D

carter756978

Bass Player
    Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2013
    I'll stick with diamond and platinum. However my pkmn pearl will become unused

Kyle Hyde

The one who comes and goes
    Years
    I guess I'll still keep Diamond around, there are Pokemon I need to transfer at the moment. But once I finish Platinum, I'll start passing them over and it might be used for storage or training. :\

Matt-O

The King's Shadow
    Years
    I will probably put all of my good Pkmn on Platinu and then rarely ever pick up Pearl again. The same thing happened when I got Emerald. Rest in peace Pearl (and Ruby).

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    I have at least 350 events on them so I will still use them for trading and I will still use my Pearl for cloning requests since thats were my shiny collateral is at unless I decide to transfer them.

Years
    Since I no longer have my Diamond game due to a series of events, I'll obviously be playing Platinum exclusively. But if I did still have it then it would be the same deal as when I had Silver & Crystal. One game would be used for fun, restarting to replay the game for trips and for fun, while the other would have serious teams and all the good stuff. Would probably have Platinum as my serious game if I still had Diamond since it has more updated stats and features for the Pokemon.

Alex_32571

HG/SS Scripter
    Years
    I gave my Diamond version to my sister cuz she wanted to buy it a while ago at a store and I was like... no.

Now that Platinum is out there is no need for me to have two games. :3

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Since I've done just about as much as I could with Diamond, I'll probably just use it to breed and trade Pokemon to Platinum.

curdey

Pokénerd
    Years
    I'm not even sure I'll get Platinum yet (right now I've got lots of debts to be paying off!), so for now I'll stick to my Diamond!!!

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I'm most likely going to abandom my poor daimond game, because Platinum will keep my attention most...though, I will use it for things like trades...:(

I still won't forget all the fun I had in the game....

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    My Pokemon Pearl is my base game, so everything goes there. I'm still going to play Platinum, but Pearl will remain my base game.

BrainDamage

Vinyl Jockey
    Years
    My plan: start platinum, and make it my perfect file, using no hacks of any kind whatsoever, complete my pokedex- all 493 (arceus event eventually?) with the help of pal park, and transfer my shiny collection over from diamond. Probably fill all my boxes. store all my various teams. It's going to be EPIC

I'll play Diamond and Pearl. The games are to play them. If a remastered version comes and you won't play your previous games anymore then I prefer waiting the remastered version than "wasting my money" in previous ones. Also I play Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal and they were released ten years ago.

Spoinky

Laziness is My Name
    Years
    Diamond and Pearl will become Trade Slaves for me, but, I'll never forget my memorable moments on Diamond and Pearl.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back