• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

/RAGEEEEE

Years

• Last time you raged at a game

Raging at games goes hand in hand with... the experience of gaming. It could be because you got killed, you killed something you weren't meant to, you can't find the exit to the next level or something happened in the story that you just don't like.

Either way, they provoke emotions and I want to know about this particular emotion; rage.

When was the last time you raged/got angry at a game? What was it? Why did you rage?

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    The last time I raged at a game was a few nights ago when playing Halo 3 ODST with a friend on Heroic difficulty, thought the pistol would help me against a few Brutes but I learned that it's not so hot the hard way soon enough.

Nerdy Mojo

No Lifer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2014
    two days ago on gears of war 3-horde mode-insane difficulty-wave 41 with 4 friends. im the last man standing after a particular nasty onslaught of those explody thing (tickers or something?) and i revive all but one of my friends. everyone else is too busy trying to kill the big rocket launcher dude(yes i need to pay waaay more attentio n to the lore than i do-but im pretty good at the game regardless lol)so i go to revive the last guy and....BOOM a ticker(?) rocket launcher combo wipes us all out thereby ending my heroic chuck norris rombo moment......and i thought id be able to have a great youtube moment (i was doing pretty damn good at that wave) but in the end phail...../rage

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • I've been trying to defeat Vergil for the past one hour non-stop and I'm getting my ass handed to me everytime I attempt to kick his butt. EFFFFFFF YOUUUU VERGIL! Y U SO STRONG???!!?!

Playing Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening Special Edition on PC with a keyboard on Very Hard mode. The second highest difficulty just below "Dante Must Die". Well, it IS very hard so I guess it won't be a cakewalk. I could only chip off like 1/6th of his health one time. And the other times I went down without even taking out 1/10th of his life. He's a monster, to say the least.

Years
  • Last night.

Spyro the Dragon.

The first speedway.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

I often have trouble with those speedways too, so you're not alone.

My biggest rage moment came in the first Ratchet & Clank game cos I couldn't get past that part in Blackwater City which involved using the Hydrodisplacer cos I kept drowning in the rising water. My brother had to finish it for me.

At least I found the second and third games much easier.

Also, any platform-based Crash Bandicoot game sends me in rage cos I can't get past most levels.

Joshawott

Banned
    Years
  • For me, it'd probably be in Mario Kart 7. As a professional racer, I rage quite a bit, usually because of getting wrecked by numerous items in a row.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Any platformer ever. Get to the end--fall off the edge. Yep.
    ^This x100

But the last game I raged at was Tales of Graces F. Some of the bosses in the game are brutal, but the final boss of the Future arc is just ridiculous. A ton of HP, really powerful attacks, and once you whittle her HP down to about 10,000 (out of like 320,000) she pretty much just spams attacks and keeps knocking your party out faster than you can heal/revive. I died two or three times against her...and each time I had her down to like 2,000 HP.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Anyone who doesn't automatically think New Super Mario Bros. Wii has obviously never played it with friends before. That was the #1 reason for hostilities between my roommates and I. XD We could only take one world a month, almost, and we were so happy when we accidentally skipped over two of them. Not only are all of us pretty bad at platformers but that one is really over-the-top for accidentally killing people with your actions.

Any platformer will usually piss me off though.

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2013
    Last night.

Spyro the Dragon.

The first speedway.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Ah.
    This reminded me of those egg thieves.
    Their "na na nana na!" taunt is now stuck in my head.
    HRRNNGH.

Anyway. I think the last time I raged was in Devil Survivor 2, against Day 4's boss, to whom I died a few times. Though I just made it harder for myself by not fusing a demon that allowed for mobility on the field, and by persistently bum-rushing the boss instead of getting rid of the demons and miasmas beforehand.

Joshawott

Banned
    Years
  • Last night.

Spyro the Dragon.

The first speedway.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

As Hikari10 said, you're not alone. It's been years since I've last played a Spyro the Dragon game, but as someone who grew up with the series, I can say without a doubt that the speedways were the most challenging part of the games (well, that and the segments from Year of the Dragon in which you controlled the monkey from a first-person perspective. For the life of me I could never beat those.

... Tales... bosses

Uh-huh. The normal fights aren't so bad, but the bosses? Ugh. Despite only having played one Tales game (which I'm still in the midst of, mind you) I can say without a doubt that the bosses in this series are beyond brutal. I spend more time sitting on the menu then actually fighting, which sadly disrupts the dialogue heard in the battles.

Anyone who doesn't automatically think New Super Mario Bros. Wii has obviously never played it with friends before. That was the #1 reason for hostilities between my roommates and I. XD We could only take one world a month, almost, and we were so happy when we accidentally skipped over two of them. Not only are all of us pretty bad at platformers but that one is really over-the-top for accidentally killing people with your actions.

I couldn't agree more. In others words...

Playing alone: Easy
    Playing with others: Extremely difficult

Mr. Magius

  
    Years
  • From my bad memory, the most frustrating game(s) would have to be Call of Duty.. any of them. It's just the fact that I'm playing with the RL people, and for some reason every time I get killed, I think "that person's a jerk!". I always have something to complain about: like someone's camping, or someone's noob tubing, or the fact that I hate how shotguns are everywhere, lag, people talking trash, and waaayy more.

Whereas I hardly rage at offline games, because my mind tells me it's my fault for losing/dying/etc. Like if I can't beat this boss, that means my strategy isn't good enough, or I should grind my levels, and I usually end up quitting before I rage anyway.

So only online multiplayer games get to me, really :-(

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Every time I try and attempt The Great Gatsby retro-NES-style game, I can never get passed the second level (of four) and it drives me INSANE! It's probably because the control system is still quite alien to me even after all these attempts, but it's also a surprisingly tricky game, despite its measly origins. I imagine it would give even seasoned gamers a run for their money in the difficulty department.

Cherrim

Years

• I couldn't agree more. In others words...

Playing alone: Easy
    Playing with others: Extremely difficult
    It's so true. We haven't played it in a while (and won't for a long time yet) but I'm pretty sure our strategy for the last few sessions was "pick whoever seems to die the least and everyone else goes into a bubble so that player can solo the level" which so defeats the purpose. @_@

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Any platformer ever. Get to the end--fall off the edge. Yep.
    It seems like everybody but me is bad at platformers. I don't get it.

RPGs fill me with rage. Do a loooooong battle only to lose when you're close to beating it. Or finishing a long battle and then there's like a second boss battle, but I never got to heal and then I die. Annoying.

Cherrim

Years
  • Isn't that pretty much the same thing as platformers though? :( Get to the end of a long level and then mess up your jump timing (instead of heal timing :P)? Probably just depends on what you're good at.

Also if you play any (J)RPG and don't expect like 16 forms for the final boss, you're doing it wrong anyway.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Isn't that pretty much the same thing as platformers though? :( Get to the end of a long level and then mess up your jump timing (instead of heal timing :P)? Probably just depends on what you're good at.

Also if you play any (J)RPG and don't expect like 16 forms for the final boss, you're doing it wrong anyway.
    Yeah, depends on what you're good at I guess. Because I have perfect platform jumping timing... in everything but the Donkey Kong Country games

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2015
    Jeez, the last time that I started raging was when I got back into CoD:WaW MP in an attempt to get a prestige token for MW3. At least half, if not most, of the games have a hacker that just blitzes on through, & either cannot be harmed, or is in an unreachable place, sometimes way up in the air. I wish that anybody who does this would have the worms devour their bones. I was soooo mad at these people for ruining my experience.

Years
  • The last time I raged was a few days ago, when The Sims 3 crashed thanks to EA's awful coding. I lost about 2 hours of a community lot build I was working on. Luckily it was a partial crash. Create-a-Style loaded half-way. The cursor and the function loaded, but the window for the tool didn't, which made it so I couldn't exit the tool (ESC didn't work either). I was at least able to take screenshots, so I did. I then loaded them onto my iPad and rebuilt the lot a few hours later (I needed to fume a little before going back).

Back