• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Railways: A Journey to The End of the World [M]

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
Years

• Railways: A Journey to The End of the World [M]

Railways: A Journey to The End of the World [M]

Spoiler:

In a World very like our own, in a past not too far fetched to be unbelievable... something extraordinary is brewing. A setting not too far from the 18th century England and America of our times forgotten, it is here that the stage is set for a tale of wonder, excitement and mystery all.

The small town of Bellson, located on the outskirts of the country of Amittia, is running on hard times. The economy has not been kind and a lack of trade routes seems to have the town on a path to disaster. Jobs are dwindling quickly and families are starting to struggle. Even the tired old mayor, once a beacon of hope for his home, has fallen out of glory and now sits depressed in his office. The people are all but accepting of their fate and in bitter contentment they work their every day lives, all the while silently praying that a silver lining comes down and provides an escape or salvation for themselves or them all.

Perhaps it was those wishes that caused the apparent magic that happened on that one fateful night.

The residents awoke to the lazy rooster of the farm, crying out in a dulcet tone as always, but things were far from lazy, as they usually were those days. The streets were abuzz with interest and talk. A lively atmosphere filled the air, something thought gone from the little rural area.

For along the buildings, the shops, even the town hall itself... were posters.​

"To the residents of a town now wishing for more, the Ironwood Express welcomes you to chances beyond what your futures hold!

Come one, come all, to the edge of your fair town, South of the farm and West of the church, on the outskirts of a place where roads fear to tread is the station built! Within and ready to leave in a week from today is the carriages of Ironwood itself! The destination? Riches beyond your wildest dreams, at the very edge of the World you know... a trip of length unknown, from days to years, it is uncertain even to a conductor like me just what might await on a journey so vast!

If nothing else, I can promise you that the beauty of the Ironwood will take you to places you've only ever dreamed of visiting... and that in the end your journey and the experiences you share may be greater than any riches you lust after today.

And the best part is that I ask for not a penny in return, only that you give me your company on the adventure soon to come. All may sit in the booths prepared, all may sleep in the living quarters and eat at the tables ready and waiting.

You have till the end of the week to board... it is then that the doors will open, but not for very long.

I am required to warn you, this trip will not be easy, even with the comfort I provide. So make sure you only come with the preparation of one willing to risk everything for their desires.~

You will not return for some time... and once on the journey one does not simply leave until the end. Like life, there are no immediate stops unless you throw yourself away.

Until I see you aboard, I bid you adieu.~

-The Conductor."

In mere moments, the town exploded into excitement and intrigue. People flocked to the location described and like a miracle, overnight it had indeed sprung up. A grand train station to marvel those of the biggest cities and a strange railway leading off into the distance and to places unknown. It defied all logic for such a thing to even exist and yet here it was. Within the miraculous structure stood the grandest and most intricate train any present had ever perceived.

The seemingly pure iron and glittering front engine reflected light like mirrors and the fifteen black wooden carriages that followed it were sleek and refined. Blinds pulled down and covered the many windows of the vehicle. The doors were sealed tight and no indication of how to get inside was present. All those from the village bearing witness could only gaze in awe at the creation of modern technology before them... and the lone sign that stood before it all, with a single sentence inscribed.

"Seven days until departure."

In the days that followed, rumors of the miracle train said to deliver those whom rode upon it to riches spread, however talk of somewhat ominous implications at a horrible price did spread as well.

You, for whatever personal reasons, have arrived in the humble town of Bellson with the intention of being one of the brave few to ride the Ironwood Express on its long journey to its destination. Be you a humble villager from the town itself, a noble lord from a distant city, a vagabound scoundrel looking for a quick buck or even a runaway servant looking for a new place in life. Regardless, you are here. The risks implied are too great for some, but not for you... and when the doors to the train open you will boldly step inside.

As the cast is lined up on stage, it's finally time for the curtains to be pulled back and for this show to get on the road, or more, in this case, the Railway.

"One day until departure. Prepare to board."

Railways is an RP that bases its story telling around an unpredictable and constantly shifting train moving between locations. The RP will transition often between posts taking part on the train itself, hereafter referred to as "The Ironwood", and the various stops the train takes on its journey to its ultimate destination. The supposed "end of the World" where the grandest of riches lie.

To put it simply, posts taking place on the train will be aimed more towards character development and player to player interaction. It gives players a chance to have their characters interact, progress individual plots and to explore the Ironwood and slowly discover more about the enigmatic train, its staff and its true purpose in the journey at hand. The Ironwood will also have shifting carriages with varying interiors apart from the front five, these five carriages and the mechanics of the shifting carriages will be explained near during the RP, but as a brief overview the five stationary carts are;

Dining, Recreational, Passenger, Bedrooms and Lounge. The front carriage is the engine and it is not counted among the fifteen carriages following it.

The remaining ten carriages can contain anything from comic relief for fun moments to serious rooms of information and intrigue containing information and items that relate to the Ironwood and its past.

I will be shifting the carriages around after every "Train Stop" section is complete.

The train will often stop at various spots around the World created for this RP. A world that is very similar to 18th century America and England. The RP will spend the majority of its time in these locations and each location will contain its own sub-plots for characters to interact in. The conductor will also assign characters a goal to complete upon arriving in an area, in order to give everyone a starting point.

New locations will be posted on a travel guide aboard the train by the conductor IC whenever a "Train Stop" section ends and a "Train" section begins (basically, every time the players get back on the train). I will post this information both OOC and IC for everyone to react to on both fronts. But for the most part players won't know where the next location is until the journey there begins.

Consider it all an actual adventure and mystery as to what comes next, both IC and even OOC to a reasonable extent. Do not worry, I assure you that each new location will be varied and interesting compared to the last!

Unlike many RPs you may have been in, this RP isn't designed to have badass fighters and mysterious rogues... while that type of character might be accepted if done well, the characters story wise in Railways are most likely normal people of varying social status. Maybe a retired soldier here or a devious scoundrel there at most, but no super powered or magic beings exist in this World at all. The only thing that's magical in any way is the Ironwood itself.

Finally, the RP will begin on the last day before the characters board the train and leave the town of Bellson behind. The posts in question should tell how your character arrived in the town, if they weren't there already, and should detail them arriving at the train station to board the Ironwood and depart on their adventure.​

The travel log is a record of all of the places visited thus far by the Ironwood and its party of travelers throughout the course of the RP. While this list may seem barren at first it will fill up over time as new locations are visited.​

~Bellson~

Bellson is a quaint and poor town struggling on the borders of the world in which the RP is based. It has very little money and income, yet even in its most desperate times it retains an excitable atmosphere and pleasant energy bustling in its streets. Especially with the arrival of the first station and the Ironwood express itself within its boundaries over night.

~More to Come~

***​

Name:
    (What is this characters full name?)

(There are no limits to his number, anybody can jump onto the Ironwood if they're truly willing to. From the youngest to the oldest. All I'll say is try to be realistic, no babies or incredibly old people who shouldn't really still be alive in this time period.)

Appearance and Attire:
    (Your characters physical appearance and clothing choice. Try to make the clothing as time appropriate as you can manage. If you can provide appropriate images then this section may be ignored. If images are not provided, then two to three paragraphs minimum should do instead.)

Hometown:
    (Where is your character from? They can be from the town of Bellson or you can make up your very own location! So long as it roughly fits the setting it will be fine... perhaps the Ironwood may even visit such a place on its travels. If you are making your own location then please include a few lines to a paragraph worth of description. If not? Then simply type "Bellson" for this field instead.)

Personality:
    (What is this person like personally? Describe their thought processes and general mannerisms. Two paragraphs minimum required, but three or more is encouraged.)

Strengths:
    (What does your character have going for them? A minimum of three with at least one or two lines explaining each, preferably.)

Weaknesses:
    (What really holds your character back? The same rules for strengths apply here.)

The Reason Why:
    (Why has your character decided, despite the somewhat shady nature and presumed risks, to board the Ironwood and set out on their adventure? One paragraph should be enough for this.)

Background:
    (What was your characters life like before the events of the RP? Please explain your characters life, social class and whatever else you feel fit to include. Peasant or Noble? Servant or Working man? Loner or lover? You decide. A minimum of three paragraphs is appreciated, but I always love reading more. Still, don't feel pressured to write more than three if you don't wish to.)

Personal Effects:
    (Does your character carry any trinkets? Objects of personal value? Good luck charms worth mentioning? If your character is carrying a weapon then you can include it here as well, but do remember that most normal folks would not be doing as such. Also, pay attention to the time period, no mobile phones or the like... and weaponry has not advanced past the point of flintlock fire-arms.)

Other:
    (Is there any relevant information you can think of that doesn't fit into the categories above? Write it here!)

RP Sample:
    (Give me an idea as to your skills as an RP'er by posting a sample of your abilities, be it an original piece or a post from another RP. Pick something that really shows your stuff!)

***​

- Follow all of the already established RPC and PC rules and guidelines.

- Do not insult others by doing things like bunny, godmodding or autohitting. This is a fairly obvious one.

- Nagi and I are the GM's, We are nice GMs, but we ARE the GMs. The password is "I like Trains", try to mention it casually somewhere in your SU or reservation. Feel free to address Nagi and I with any ideas or problems but remember that what we say goes.

- Consider what is required of you as a person and an RPer. Do not attempt to join this RP if you will be incapable of posting once every two weeks minimum.

- Everybody loves joint posts. Feel free to do as many as you like here!

- Reserves last for five days before you get a question about your SU. Two more days and your reservation is cancelled and you will have to remake it. If somebody reserves your empty spot before you can re-reserve, well tough bananas I'm afraid.

- Have fun! No seriously, do, that's the point. If you feel like you're not having fun then tell me and I'll do my best to fix that for you.

~ Accepted - Rowin Odo, The Conductor - Deceptio

~~~~~~~~~~

~ Accepted - Aria Eliza Dominique - Deceptio

~ Accepted - Aster - Nagi

~ Accepted - Carl Burk - Ice

~ Accepted - Elliot Temperley - Foxrally

~ Accepted - Cassandra Nightingale - Himika

~ Accepted - Isaac Shearer - Legend

~ Accepted - Heather Williams - Tixen

~ Accepted - Jack Ambrose - Shak

~ Accepted - Niles Alphonse - Lucifer-san

~ Reserved - ??? - Under_Score

~ Empty Spot ~​

~ Empty Spot ~​

~~~~~~~~~~

~More spots MAY be added later in the story, if the demand is there for them. However twelve is currently the limit.~

Last edited:

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Name: Carl Burk

Appearance and Attire:
    Carl is a lean, thin man, and is around 1,75 m in length. His hair is thin, and dark blonde. He combs it sideways, but it?s mostly covered by a cloth hat. His face is hollow, which accentuates his very sharp, big nose. His eyes are a very clear grey, and he has big bags under his eyes. He walks with his head forwards, his neck more horizontally than vertically. He has been described as looking a bit like a bird. Never has the word handsome ever been used to describe Carl. He usually wears a long black woolen coat, and under that a beige blouse, with black pants, that he keeps up with suspenders.

"They say I look a lot like my father."

Hometown:
    Carl is from Dulton, a town that is in complete service of the local factory. Everyone that lives in Dulton works in the factory. Everything in the town is owned by the factory owner. Carl used to work in the factory, and owned a house on the factory grounds. The scenery is very gray and brown, and there is a huge lack of nature.

"I've never seen a tree, but I heard they're wonderful!"

Personality:
    Impressionable // Gullible // Tries to see the best in people // Honest // Helpful
    Carl is very impressionable. He has grown up in a town focused on factory work, and he is fascinated by everything that?s from outside of his limited worldview. He loves stories, and likes listening to people telling them. He is however, very gullible, and believes the stories he?s told without question, even when they're shaky. He always assumes people are good and kindhearted, and tries to see the best in people. He is very sharing, and open, and doesn?t lie himself.
    His main motivation is just for everyone to be happy, and he is very willing to help others. He always puts the need of others before his own, as he does not see himself as an important person. He sees himself as a very simple man, that doesn?t require big needs. He does not search for money, fame or anything else. He is happy when the people around him are. Carl is not an intelligent man. He tries to figure things out, but he?s very slow and has a hard time grasping some fairly simple concepts. He has, however, personal thoughts, and is not a complete impressionable idiot.

"When you smile, we smile together."

Strengths:
    Kindhearted
    Carl is kind soul. He wouldn't dare to hurt a fly, and he has to utmost respect for life. He would never speak a mean word about anyone, and will find something kind to say about anyone.

"I believe God put us on this world to laugh, not to hurt.

Always willing to help
    Carl will help everyone. It makes him happy to see others be happy, and he will do anything to help someone achieve happiness.

"I'll help you with your homework Petey! Just tell me what this weird cross means..."

Extremely honest
    Carl will never lie. The truth is the truth, and that is what should be told. He can keep secrets, but lying he will never do.

"Lies confuse me."

Weaknesses:
    Really gullible
    As Carl himself doesn't lie, he assumes others to also speak the truth. Every story of wonder speaks to him, and he accepts them as truth. Even when the believability of a story is doubtful, even for Carl's standards, he will still believe the storyteller, as he believes everyone to be honest.

"There are dragons living at the factory. Petey says he fought them. They must be really small, though, otherwise I would surely have seen them fly over.

Lack of intelligence
    Carl isn't smart. Simple concepts may startle him, and while he does try to understand things and learn, it's hard. One could say that Carl is almost childlike in his intelligence

"Andre, could you help me count my earnings for this month?"

Lack of self-respect
    Carl doesn't see himself as important at all. Everything in the world in wonderful, and he just put himself in a position in which he feels like his goal in life is to maintain that wonderfulness. He'll make extreme sacrifices for his own well-being to provide others in their happiness.

"I am but a simple man, sir."

The Reason Why:
    Carl has one prized possession, a treasure map that supposedly leads to a working wishing well. The map, however, is extremely cryptic and only shows a very small area. It lacks any explanation, and no specific location is given. This led him to roam nearby towns and villages, in search for something he?d recognize from the map. When he arrived in Bellson, he read about the train, and thought that the train might lead him to more diverse places to search for the wishing well.

"The map is of a town with a wishing well. I don't know which town, though."

Background:
    Worker // Poor // No social class
    Carl is a poor factory worker. He used to own a one room house on the factory grounds, which was of a bigger complex. Next to him lived a family of three, a father, mother and son. Sometimes he would come over for dinner, and sometimes they would dine at his. The mother was a silent, sickly woman, with the most calming and friendly aura he had ever experienced. He liked talking to her, and sometimes when she was really sick, he?d give up a shift to take care of her, and they would just sit, silently in the room together. Carl enjoyed those moments, how boring they may seem. The son had just started school, at the age of 4. He was a good kid, and Carl loved hearing the stories of the young one, while he told stories about how he learned to read, tighten screws, and fought a dragon in his lunch break. He always assumed it were small dragons, as he never had seen one fly over, and he was sure he would notice a big dragon living on the factory ground. The father was an amazing man too. He was a hard worker, and always helped Carl when he didn?t understand something, which was often. It didn?t matter if it was at work, or at home, the man was always willing to come over to help Carl. He was a good man, and a hard worker. Carl always felt like you could almost smell the love he had for his family when he came home. The family felt like his own, as Carl didn?t have any for himself.

One day, a traveler came to the factory. An eccentric man, who wore a black and green suit, with a small top hat. He called himself a wonder doctor. He held a speech in front of the workers when he arrived. A big group gathered around, while the wonder doctor talked about his wonderful goods. He had pills that would cure every illness, and a potion that would make anyone fall in love with you. Carl was amazed by the wonderful products the man had, and he wondered why so many people left. The longer the doctor talked, the less people seemed to stand around. After hours of listening, Carl was the only one left. The doctor did not seem to care. It was amazing that the man still kept talking so enthusiastically, even when more people left. He invited Carl to come over, when he was the only man left. Carl accepted, eagerly awaiting more of the wonderful stories the man had to offer. He dined with the man, who told him of a treasure map he found, leading to a magic wishing well. He asked Carl if he wanted to buy it. Carl declined it, as he did not need to wish for anything. He had everything he wanted in his simple house, and the lovely family next door. The doctor seemed to be unhappy with his answer at first, but smiled when Carl left. He assumed the man wanted to make someone happy with the treasure map.

Two days later, there was an accident at the factory. A machine had to be repaired, but it went wrong, and the repairman died in the process. Carl cried when he heard the news. People died a lot, but it never occurred to him that it would ever be the lovely man next door. When he went over to his neighbors, the son and the mother were crying. A funeral was arranged for the same evening, as the factory was well facilitated to deal with death. He held the hand of the son throughout the whole ceremony, and they shared their tears and grief. Three days after the funeral, he saw the wonder doctor again, and he was reminded of the wishing well and the treasure map. He ran up to the doctor, who seemed happy to see him. He asked if he could take the doctor back on his offer. The doctor, however, seemed to have found a buyer for it, and he had offered a lot of money. Carl had a stroke of genius however, and told the doctor he would overbid the buyer. Running to his boss, he told him he would be gone for a while, and he wanted to sell his apartment. The exchange was quickly made, and Carl was happy with it, as he got almost four weeks? worth of wage for his house. He collected all of his savings, and combined the two. The doctor said he was just able to overbid the original buyer, and that he was lucky the map was still available. After he made the deal, he went to his neighbor?s house, although he couldn't really call them neighbors anymore. The mother was sleeping when he entered, but the boy was still awake, softly weeping on his bed. He sat right next to him, showed him the map, and whispered with tears streaming down his face:

?I have a way to bring your father back. I?m leaving tomorrow.?

Personal Effects:
    Carl does not own anything, except for his treasure map, and his clothing. The map with directions to the wishing well is his most prized possession, and the only thing he does not want to give away. It holds a lot of value for him, not because he paid so much for it, but because it is the key to making his promise to the boy true. He also likes trains.

"The map I bought off a wonder doctor. It's to help little Petey."

RP Sample:
    Emmett from Gunpowder
    Smiley from Titans

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    poor doof. better sign up instead!

Aster
    > age 15
    > runaway lab rat

Appearance and Attire:
    Aster's most striking features are her long, thick and flowy blonde hair that seems to glow in the sunlight, and matching amber-coloured eyes. She is a little under average in height and has a rather thin build, as a result of being moderately underfed for the majority of her life. Similarly, her skin is very light as she was only recently exposed to sunlight at all. Her facial features look somehow foreign compared to those of most people however, presumably because of her unknown descent.
    Clothing-wise, the clothes she possesses are very sober. Her average gear consists of no more than a white tunic that is obviously too large for her, combined with a khaki pair of pants and brown boots. While an inconvenience at first, the width of the tunic is now actually rather useful to her, as it manages to hide a number of things pertaining to her previous lifestyle; the large number of scars on her torso, the burgundy pendant around her neck, as well as the belt worn over her shoulder containing her dagger.

Hometown:
    While the origin of Aster's biological parents is unknown, she was left as a baby in the town of Myr. This quaint but somewhat eerie village lies at a few days' travelling south of Bellson, and is home to a rather close-minded community. Outsiders are shunned, for they are believed to only bring misfortune. Adding even further to the town's inhospitable atmosphere, the village is overrun by a deep fog most every evening, making the streets virtually deserted come nighttime.

Personality:
    Aster may appear to others as being a rather absent-minded person. She is silent, and generally doesn't speak unless directly addressed. While she does have a tendency to zone out when by herself, her silence in company of others is certainly not because of flyaway thoughts. She is a good listener, and intelligent for her age. When she does speak, it is generally in a soft voice. Aster dislikes unnecessary conflict, and as such will normally not voice her disagreement in minor situations - though it may be readable from her face.
    Partially because of her past, Aster is very distrusting. She refuses to rely on others for help, for she believes people would never assist another if it didn't benefit them - but it's also because she doesn't know how to ask for things very well. To her, working with others is more effort than it's worth, and making friends is a waste of time because relationships don't last anyway. Sooner or later betrayal will follow, as always.

Strengths:
    - High Alert
    Being a refugee, Aster is constantly aware of her surroundings. Terrified of being intercepted by someone again, her 'personal space' area is larger than most as well, making her somewhat anxious if it is breached by anyone at all. As a result of this, along with the fact that she was kept inside for such a long time, her senses have developed to be stronger than those of average humans - to the point where she even seems capable of sensing someone's presence if they attempted to remain hidden.

- Alchemic Knowledge
    Living with an alchemist has its benefits, no matter how wretchedly they may have treated you. When he wasn't experimenting on her, Aster could still watch her captor carry out trials and tests with many kinds of herbs, minerals and ore. While this may not be particularly useful on a day-to-day basis, it never hurts to be able to transmute some resource into another, or craft a poisonous acidic medicinal concoction.

- Escape Artist
    Because of her many attempts to escape the manor where she was held for the majority of her life, Aster has the ability to escape from the stickiest situations. Apart from her petite frame being helpful in fitting through the narrowest creaks and smallest passages, she has also developed a sharp problem-solving ability from trying to understand complex mechanisms and coming up with schemes. A logical mind is a great asset, after all - though when in a panic, this doesn't function quite as well as she'd want.

- Desensitized
    The final asset her life in captivity yielded her is the fact she has become accustomed to physical suffering. Aster has a very high pain threshold, and wouldn't flinch to see any amount of blood. She could likely discover a corpse and be relatively unshaken. Others may be shocked by her callous response, but it is beneficial in that it allows her to keep her cool in dire situations where others may be overwhelmed.​
    Weaknesses:
    - Frail
    Despite being quick, Aster never had much opportunity to do any muscle training, so she is rather physically weak. Her own weight is about as much as she can lift, and even her endurance is limited. At the very least, her build makes her light and nimble, but otherwise Aster is not much help with anything related to physical labour, let alone actual fighting.

- Unworldy
    Despite being intelligent, her shut-in lifestyle has left her with practically no worldly knowledge whatsoever. She's grasped the most fundamental concepts of course, but can be completely unfamiliar with things others would consider common sense, simply because she has not encountered them before. Tying in to this, Aster is unable to read, as well. At the same time however, she is very curious and eager to learn, and as such is easily amused when introduced to anything new.

- Self-Value
    Left behind as a baby and treated like an animal for most of the rest of it, Aster has little to no sense of self-worth. It is but another reason for her withdrawn attitude and aversion of social interaction, and also causes her to grossly underestimate herself.

The Reason Why:
    Having lived as a refugee for a number of weeks, Aster is at the end of her wits. She's somehow managed to get by for now, but stealing the odd piece of food from the markets can only get her so far. Aster had been living on the streets in Bellson for a number of days when news started buzzing about the Ironwood Express. A train that would ride for the end of the world, far away from her previous 'home' - and with guaranteed food and shelter, to boot.

Background:
    Aster's life began as a foundling, left behind in the town of Myr, late at night. None dare dwell the streets of this fog-filled hamlet at night, so the crying baby wasn't taken to the orphanage, as most would. Instead, she was picked up by an older gentleman and taken to his house. There she lived out the rest of her days... but not exactly happily ever after.

The man that took her in, known to her only as 'Szilard', was an alchemist living on the edge of town. Aiming to create an artifact of eternal life, the Philosopher's Stone, Szilard carried out a large number of experiments. Using herbs, ore, but also live animals, he attempted time and time again to come closer to his goal - but never succeeded. In the end, he saw only one solution; human experiments. Medically, it had been known for a long time that the human liver had very strong regenerative properties, being able to almost fully recover from having over a third of its mass taken away. Szilard suspected this property could be of interest to the creation of an elixir of life.
    Aster was the solution to his issue as she grew up to be a relatively healthy girl, despite the dire circumstances she had to live in. While at first she was only used for minor things, such as cutting off locks of hair or extracting blood, the first time she was subjected to actual suffering was when she was 11 years old. Bound to an operating table and given a herb sedative only, Szilard extracted a piece of her liver. He was no doctor, so the surgery was carried out rather sloppily, too. Aster spent a long time recuperating, but before she was even fully recovered, other torturous experiments followed.

She went undiscovered for years, for Szilard barely ever received guests, and she was kept in the basement and left alone for the duration of their stay. This could mean she was left unfed for several days, and so she would always try to make noise to be noticed by whoever was visiting... but none ever did. That is, until one day, a guest dropped by unannounced. A traveller with a strange top hat requested to enter and see what he'd been working on. He apparently had such an impressive presence that even Szilard couldn't stop him from barging in. Aster was shocked to see another person, while somehow he didn't seem the least surprised to encounter her.
    He came down to greet her, and paraded around the room acting extremely interested in Szilard's research. Szilard in turn seemed rather flustered himself, but was just relieved when he left after going through the room like a tornado. Right before he disappeared from Aster's view, she noticed the man tipped his hat to her. Confused by this gesture, Aster returned to her sleeping quarters. There however, she found that the man had left her a gift; a dagger imprinted with a green emblem was found under her blanket.

Waiting for the best opportunity, Aster hid the dagger for a number of days, until finally she took her moment to strike. When Szilard attempted to drag her to the examination room once more, she flashed her dagger and sliced at him a number of times. The man wasn't the exactly young anymore either, and while Aster never delivered a finishing blow, the amount of blood he'd inevitably lose from the wounds he sustained would surely be enough to kill him.
    The girl from then on fled the village, determined to survive and find a place of her own in this world.

Personal Effects:
    The only items of value Aster carries are her dagger and pendant. The former looks plain enough, with a simple brown hilt and a sharp blade. Its one peculiarity is an intriguing green emblem carved into the grip. The pendant is a round vial filled with the latest elixir that her captor had brewed. While looking like a gemstone mostly, the bottom tip of the vial can be extended into a needle for injection of the fluid into the bloodstream if the pendant is handled in a certain way. The fluid inside is of a dark red colour, but for some reason seems to carry fiery sparks inside of it.

Other:
    Not really.

RP Sample:
    GM's don't put RP Samples, as I've heard...

Last edited:

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
  • You know it bae

-
    Elliot Temperley

"When I turn six, I'll be able to use the big kids slide ! "

Appearance and Attire:

There is not much to say about Elliot's appearance, aside that he is what a 5-year old British boy would look like. He has large, dark grey eyes and jet black hair, and a large face which is often prone to cheek-pinching by old women, but usually covered in dirt from the fields. He is neither tall, short, chubby or slim, having lived comfortably for most of his - fairly short - life.

Although he usually walks around barefoot and sometimes even shirtless, on the day of the trip Elliot was wearing a simple yellow and red shirt, beige shorts and brown sandals.

*poses* "Look at my muscles! I'm a lot stronger than you ! "

Hometown: Elliot and his family come from the town of Dorlake, a town located a few hours away from Bellson. The town is located mainly around a lake, and its large inn often serves as a checkpoint or resting point for travelers and mailmen. It is also home to one of the largest post offices in the country - making it a key location for trading goods and important messages.

"Hannah threw me into the lake once... She's mean."

Personality:
    Energetic || Chivalrous || Adventurous || Annoying

Elliot is known to be the most excitable and energetic child in his village. he often gets into trouble with cleaners and servants who get angry when he walks into buildings covered in dirt or mud, or water from the lake. He isn't afraid to get himself dirty and is adventurous, always keen to explore new places.

In many ways, Elliot takes to his father. He is often chivalrous and gentlemanly with girls both older and younger than him, standing up for people he feels are being bullied or oppressed. However, he does not do it out of kindness or heroic intentions - mostly to get attention and assert himself.

Also, he's five. Five year olds are annoying.

Strengths:

Above Average Intelligence
    Elliot is what a teacher would call a 'bright kid', as he is quite good at maths for his age. Despite being able to add large numbers mentally fairly easily, and even knowing part of the multiplication table, Elliot still holds a childish grudge against anyone who tries to force education onto him. He still has trouble reading complicated words and takes a long time to write words, so he is far from being a child genius.

"I'm always top of the class, mister! But I still need ma to help me write..."

Curiosity
    This can be listed as both his greatest mental strength and weakness. Just like all children, Elliot is infinitely curious about anything and everything he encounters - unless it's a book. He is known to go on typical 'why?' sprees with teachers and other adults, and go to great lengths to explore places he doesn't know.

"Why does the lady have a butt on her chest ? "

Small size
    Self-explanatory. Elliot measures about 3'5, which allows him to fit into small cracks and holes which a grown adult could not. Due to this, he enjoys exploring old houses and buildings, looking for cracks in walls to poke through.

"When I grow up, I wanna be an explorer! But Hannah says I'm too careless..."

Weaknesses:

Age limitations
    Elliot is only five, after all. With such a young age, come the disadvantages of being inexperienced, naive, intrusive, naggy, physically weak, short, dependent on adults, and generally ignorant. People seldom take him seriously, too, due to this.

"Ma says I'm a big boy ! "

Disobedient
    For the most part. Elliot dislikes being told what to do, and it usually takes quite a bit of persuasion to get him to do something he doesn't want to do. Even though he is never violent, he is certainly not a goody-two-shoes or 'mama's boy' by any standard.

"But I don't waaannaaaa..."

Background:

Not much can be said about Elliot's own personal history, since he is so young - therefore the story of his whole family shall be told instead.

"Uuhh... So there's four - ma, pa, Hannah and me. Well, it used to be that..."

Joel Temperley was Dorlake's local watchmaker, having learnt the profession from his father, who learn it from his father, and so on. Joel's business was in full bloom, as the local post office always requested more and more clocks and watches to place around their various offices and distribute to their employees. Despite the pressure and difficulty of the job, Elliot's father still loved his job and soon got a reputation across the country.

One day, a hurried customer came in with a large old wall clock that had fallen off and broke. Despite saying he did not do clock repairs, Joel could not resist saying no the woman's face. This was the day he met his wife. After many nights of replacing parts, tightening screws and testing gears, he finally got the old antique clock working again. The woman soon became a regular visitor, most of the time not buying anything but simply coming to keep him company and bringing cakes from the local bakery with her. Through these encounters Joel Temperley learned her name: Noelle.

A year after they first met, the pair finally got married. Their first child was a girl - Hannah. Hannah was everything her parents wanted her to be: Brave, Intelligent, Skilled and Pretty - albeit a little arrogant and sarcastic. Five years later, they had another child - Elliot. Elliot was extremely silent as a baby, rarely ever crying when hungry or tired, which lead to his parents fearing that he was deaf. However, he made up for it entirely as he grew to a toddler, becoming one of the loudest, most hyperactive child in the small town or Dorlake.

A year after Elliot was born, the army began sending men to war. Unfortunately, Joel was one of these men. Leaving his family in the hands of his younger brother, who was his assistant, he left for a full year. His brother, George was a kind man, and took good care of Noelle, Hannah and Elliot.

When Joel returned, he told them war stories of the dangers in the battlefield, and how difficult life in the army was. Elliot adored listening to these stories, and always imagined himself with his father, fighting fierce battles to defend his country from invaders. This dream of joining the forces of law as an exploring scout one day is what gave Elliot his chivalrous attitude.

It wasn't long before his father was called back to the army again - this time with his brother too. Unsure who to leave his family with this time, Joel Temperley resorted to the only family he had left, his cousin - a wealthy but violent and often drunk man. After long hours of arguing with Noelle about it, she finally agreed, for the sake of the children.

The family's time with the cousin was not a happy one. A whole year passed, with very few messages from the two brothers. Noelle's financial situation was deteriorating - she had begun taking in laundry to make extra money in addition to her regular baking job; and was often physically and verbally abused by the cousin. The children were not allowed to leave the house, either.

Then on one fateful day, she received a customer which looked unlike the others - a mysterious man with a green and black suit, and a small top hat. He seemed to have come only to browse the small bakery, but finally ended up buying a large amount of train-shaped chocolate cakes. As he paid Noelle, he leaned forward, handed her one of the cakes and whispered, smiling:

"You will find what your family needs in Bellson."

And with that, he left, and she never saw him again.

It was a week after this strange event that the little family left Dorlake. Taking a few supplies, clothes and all of their savings, they headed for Bellson on a small carriage, in the hopes of finding 'what they needed'.

The Reason Why:

Elliot and his mother and sister left their abusive guardian in desperation. The two children do not know why their mother has decided to take the trip, and Elliot considers it 'an adventure'. Secretly, he also hopes that he will find his father and uncle - wherever he is going.

"I hope dad and unca' Bill are okay..."

Personal Effects:

On the day of the trip, Elliot had a small satchel containing some food, a change of clothes and a blanket. On his person, he carries a simple pocketwatch (even though he still can't tell time) and an army badge given to him by his father.

Other:

yo dawg
    I heard you like trains

"You can have a train in a train... ? "

RP Sample:

ayy lmao

(I strongly suggest you read the rest of the story arc J-chan, it's super fun ^^)

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Feb 24, 2024

Cassandra Nightingale
    "I'm placing my chip in your pile, love. Time to ante up."

23//The Gambling Thief//Female

Appearance And Attire: Cassandra stands at a height of 5'7". With a pair of sapphire-blue eyes and a lightly, sun-kissed skin complexion, she is definitely easy on the eyes. Cassandra sports a rather shapely body build, with curves placed all in the right places. She very rarely tends to go without make-up, with light pink lipstick adorning her full lips and black nail polish on her well-manicured nails. Her hair is probably the single feature that stands out on her the most. It is long, easily reaching down to the end of Cassandra's back. It seems to be pointy in structure, almost resembling some sort of pine tree when viewed from behind. The most curious feature about her hair is its color. Cassandra is definitely a strawberry-blonde, but in certain lighting it tends to look almost pink in color.

In terms of clothing, modesty is generally not Cassandra's strong point. She tends to show more skin than a woman of proper upbringing would dare to show, generally wearing a black, corset-like top which hugs her figure tightly. It is a daring, low-cut garment and for some reason seems to part in the middle, giving most a peek at her navel. Around her hips is a small skirt in similar color. A black, leather choker is worn around her neck, decorated with a golden, snake-shaped emblem in the middle of a red, silk sash that is wrapped around it. A pair of black, high-heeled shoes generally adorn her feet, with straps wrapping up all the way around her legs. A blue coat decorated with wolf fur lining is always worn loosely over her garments, usually hanging just off her shoulders. Cassandra completes her look with a pair of long, golden earrings.

Personality: A strong, independent woman who generally relies her on only one person to get through in live, herself. Cassandra generally does not take the time to truly get to know those around her, and likewise she finds that they have no need to truly get to know her, that is if she truly knows herself. Cassandra lives somewhat of a mysterious life, often changing how she acts and at times even her name to throw those who may be chasing her off of her trail. She tends to act in a rather sultry manner, often referring to those around with pet names such as "love" or "dear."

If there is one thing in this world that Cassandra holds close, it is wealth and treasure. She is definitely a very greedy woman, often times putting the coin before the human condition. She is also very self-interested. Cassandra will not hesitate for one moment to use the people around her if it will further her own gain. While this can be something as simple as telling a small lie, she has been known to use sexual methods and extortion to do so. It should be noted that whether one is a man or a woman is not a factor for Cassandra. She views both genders as equal targets.

Strengths:

Witty: Cassandra has a quick wit about her. She is able to think of solutions to her problems quickly and very rarely seems to be without a "Plan B" should something go wrong. She is a woman who is very rarely caught of guard and is able to think on her feet without hesitation.

Agile: Being a thief, staying quick on her feet is something that Cassandra feels is a must. After all, one would not be able to evade and stay uncaptured by the law if one were slow. This is not just related to the speed of her feet, however. Cassandra is able to move fluid and gracefully, and she is quick with her hand and fingers as well. This trait has allowed her to easily swipe many wallets and the like from unsuspecting targets.

Creative: Cassandra is oddly creative. She is able to envision many different dreams and ideas, something which led her to boarding the Ironwood in the first place. She is constantly thinking, coming up with different ideas for heists and cons and even creating different identities should it no long be safe to be "Cassandra" one day.

Weaknesses:

Greedy: Cassandra views the coin as a god, in a manner of speaking. She places wealth far above and beyond that of most things in life, including other human life. Even after she manages to make off with a decent haul of loot, Cassandra can be found always thinking about how much more to steal next. Placing an impossible goal for herself, Cassandra has been known to say that she would not be happy until she held all the gold in the world... and then some.

Dishonest: A liar through and through. Cassandra is known to bend the truth whenever she can to keep herself out of hot water and to make sure that she stays on the top of any situation she finds herself in. This habit has found its way into almost every aspect of the woman's life, from telling a simple story to playing a game of cards.

Alcoholic: Cassandra has been known to drink too much on several occasions. Sometimes, she it may not be that she even likes the taste of booze. She swears that she cannot function without it. Because of this, she has been known to get drunk on several occasions, which makes her antics a bit more... difficult to deal with to say the least. Red wine appears to the drink that catches her tongue in a never-ending thirst the most...

Background: Cassandra had the unfortunate privilege of being born and raised in Gossland Gulch. She had no idea who her father was and her mother made her living as one of the many night ladies of the town. Because of this, Cassandra was often left to her own devices as a child and more or less raised herself. Schooling was not something that she ever really found a need for and she somehow managed to scrap together enough food to get by. While many would assume this sort of life would be hard on a child, it never really seemed to bother Cassandra.

As she grew older, Cassandra found herself beginning to despise the calling her mother made in life. While it did give the woman a decent share of coin, which she was known to later waste, living one's life in such a manner was just not for Cassandra. Rather, she soon found herself to be quite the successful thief. She started out small, grabbing a traveler's wallet when they were not looking or setting up a crooked game of chance. While the payoffs with these various, shady activities were never all that huge, Cassandra found that she did seem to have a knack for them... and with each successful steal or swindle, she found herself starting to want more. So she did what any budding thief would... and upped the ante.

She began to roam outside of the town, making her way to neighboring areas to grab hold of whatever coin and treasures she could. She began to mark cards when playing high-stakes games of Poker and the like, studying cards to make sure she could come out as high up as possible. Cassandra even took a page out of her mother's book and began to use her body and sexuality to lure an suspecting victim in... and then take them for all she had. Gradually, the woman began to stir up quite the commotion and earn quite a name for herself... And yet she still wanted more.

That was when Cassandra had chanced to hear about the Ironwood. While the prospect of exploring new and uncharted territory really could not have interested the woman any less, she had to admit the attraction of various people was quite the attention grabber. Cassandra was fully aware that there was quite the chance that people of substantial wealth would be hitching a ride on the train... and there would be little to no obstruction to stop her from grabbing what coin they had. With a plan of action already forming, Cassandra set off for Bellson.

Hometown: Gossland Gulch is a small, rather slummy looking town that could easily be called the blindspot of the region. It's high in crime, poverty, and seems to be a magnet for less than honorable characters including thiefs, murderers, night ladies, and all of that sort. It is located a few days north of Bloomgarden, however the town is not as lush with vegetation as its neighbor or anywhere near as pretty to look at. The constant climate of being foggy and rainy has made the town more or less widely known for being a rather disgusting little mud-pit to look at. It should be noted that Gossland Gulch has no law or real governing head.

The Reason Why: Saying that she boarded the train for adventure and discovery would be a lie. The only thing that interests Cassandra on this trip is the chance to pickpocket and see what sort of treasures and financial gains she can make with a wide and varying assortment of passengers. Coupled with the fact that escape is just a hop-off away should things go awry, Cassandra figures that a ride on the Ironwood is the perfect and easiest way to make some hefty gains. Of course, if she happens to find some treasure in the form of discoveries along the way... well, let's just say she would not mind that too much either.

Personal Effects: Aside from the clothes on her back and a satchel of coin, Cassandra only has two objects of personal affection she's keeping with her. The first object is her trusty dagger, complete with a jeweled hilt. While the dagger itself has never actually drawn blood, it still manages to be a rather useful tool for intimidation. Cassandra is also carrying a deck of marked playing cards, to make sure that she has the edge should anyone be up for a friendly game of Poker.

RP Sample: There ya go.

Jay

Years
  • Everyone is, of course, Accepted. Welcome back to Railways.

Hopefully we see some new SU's too. XD

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    OK. I've read the OP and now I'm hype! I have a character in mind, I just need to sort out a few of the details. I won't be able to have an SU up for a while though :/
    When I say a while, I only mean maybe a couple of days, but I want to get it done while the hype is fresh ;~;

Tixen

*Insert something witty here*
    Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2015
    Oooooh this sounds super cool (and I'm getting a strange Baccano vibe as well). Plus you know, trains. I like trains. Anyway, I'd like to put in for a reserve and I should have an SU up in the next couple of days :)

Last edited:

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years

• Isaac Shearer
    "You know the thing with people? You can't trust them. Except me. You have to trust me. I'm a doctor."

28//The Drunk Doctor//Male

Appearance and Attire:
    Isaac is a tall, fairly well built well built individual standing at about 6"1 (185cm) and weighing in at a modest 186.4 pounds (84 kg). He only knows his exact weight because of the scale in his office. Originally of a larger build, Isaac has lost much of his excess weight because of his poor diet and more active lifestyle, leaving his limbs thin and lanky, yet having a strong more defined core than before. Despite being outside and active, Isaac has not tanned in the slightest keeping his complexion peachy, but without blemishes outside of the occasional cut. He does have a few scars on his chest from old wounds.

The years of have taken some toll on his appearance, as his medium length reddish brown hair looks as if a mop fell atop his head. Too lazy to comb or style it, Isaac allows the wind to do what it will. Luckily, Isaac's hair generally lays in a presentable fashion. Peering through a few loose strands of hair are a pair green eyes devoid of emotion or concern. His nose is fairly thin and not pronounced, proportional to his thin cheeks and longer face. He looks and feels youthful, though the aura he gives off is of a man that is well beyond his years.

Dressing well to remind himself of his more noble origins, Isaac wears a dark blue collared shirt, with the top few bottoms undone. Over the shirt, Isaac favors a black vest. He neglects to wear any sort of jacket over it, feeling it would become too comfortable and a hinderance. Instead as if he expects to get down and dirty, Isaac rolls up his sleeves regularly. He wears blacks pants that match his vest, held up by a black leather belt with a silver buckle. On his right hand, he wears a black glove, covering up some old wounds from some drunken street fights while his left wrist is home to his old sports watch. As per an Isaac tradition it is rare to see him without a cigarette in his mouth.

Oh and he frequently will take his shirt off for no reason. Probably explains the lack of a jacket. Makes it easier you know?

Hometown:
    Bloomgarden. Town of trade, flowers, and noblest of the nobles.

Personality:
    Isaac was something of a paragon, but has become something of a renegade since he began traveling. Shedding his principles of peace and cooperation, Isaac lost much of the optimism and naive idealism he once had replacing the void with harsh realism and bitter spite. Isaac always assumes the worst will happen, and sees the worst in people acting under the assumption that everyone is as self interested as himself. He deals with people harshly and bluntly, near avoiding the truth by being overly honest. He's critical, judging, and unforgiving. Second chances are a novelty, as Isaac believes history is always repeating and experience is the best teacher. That being said, Isaac learns from his mistakes and is willing to change himself for the better, always striving to become a better person. This however sometimes bites him in the rear as Isaac dwells on his past mistakes, delving into bouts of depression. The fact his hindsight is always 20/20 can make Isaac beat himself up a bit too hard for his own good.

His lessons have not made him a completely depressed, hopeless individual and instead have crafted Isaac into a mature, generally responsible and most importantly a crafty and intelligent individual. He approaches things with a carefully modeled plan in order achieve guaranteed success, hating failure more than anything. He understands risk and experimentation and is willing to try things to see if they will work better than others, though Isaac can be conservative, relying on past experience. He understands his role in the world as well, not going out of expected social norms unless necessary. He is a responsible adult, who understands the importance of his work and does what is expected of him, only breaking the law when necessary or if the mood fits him. Isaac is very much in control of his emotions, rarely getting angry or bothered by most things which is only further fueled by the fact that he is generally aloof and detached. He has been accused as being "unsympathetic" and "uncaring" by his patients, but Isaac likes to thing that he actually aids him in his work as he can allow logic and dedication lead him to the solution. This detached aspect has ruined whatever social skills Isaac once had. He is more socially awkward than most due to his blunt honesty and generally lack of concern of others. He never shies away from expressing himself. To had more fuel to the fire, Isaac generally looks down to people, believing everyone is an idiot.

As if Isaac was not detestable enough already, Isaac has his fair share of bad habits. Isaac smokes habitually, filling his clinics or rooms with blinding smoke. When receiving complaints, he promptly tells him off and on occasion gives his patients cigarette burns. This is a product of Isaac's arrogance and abrasive getting the best of him coupling with Isaac's general dislike of people.

Despite all this, Isaac has a good heart. He is willing to help people and strives to do the right thing if only because it is his duty. He is slow to trust people, but can be a faithful friend if he can bear someone's presence long enough. Capable of social activity, Isaac enjoys intelligent conversation and giving advice, even though it is of pragmatic kind. And most importantly deep down, Isaac has not completely given up on his old aspirations, still hoping for a peaceful world free of strife.

Strengths:

Intelligent
    As to be expected considering his career education, Isaac is exceptionally intelligent. Years and years of studying in the medical field, he has developed a field of knowledge, ranging from everything a doctor would be expected to know and more. He has a solid grasp on the nuances of the human body, its diseases, treatments and herblism, deriving most of his treatments from natural sources. Furthermore, Isaac has expanded his sphere of study to some degree of literature, mathematics and other sciences including psychology. Let's just say, that Isaac is incredibly knowledge for his age and that probably explains his negative opinion on just about everyone else.

Diligent
    One reason for Isaac's great intelligence is fantastic diligence and work ethic. Isaac abhors failure. Undoubtedly a side effect of the high expectations set upon as a youth, Isaac drives to succeed in any realm of interest pushing himself to his limits (and to great heights if one is being positive). Therefore, Isaac is very committed to his craft and any sort of setback is devastating to him.

Pragmatic/Realistic
    That being said, Isaac understands that failure does happen and is often logical and realistic when it occurs. Isaac believes that a logical decision is a better one and prides himself on being fair and practical with his choices in life. He does not set his expectations high with blinding optimism, nor does he expect the worst with baseless pessimism. Instead he finds a middle ground, balancing both into a blend of sensibility and practically.

Weaknesses:

Poor Health Habits
    In a twisted tale of irony, Isaac has terrible health practices concerning his self. He is one tier removed from being a chain smoker, claims to be a social drinker but hinges upon being a binge drinker, and has a poor diet with only a superb metabolism keeping him fit. It is this quality that makes Isaac something of a hypocrite which irritates the occasional patient.

Very Self Interested
    Isaac is somewhat selfish in the way he carries something, prioritizing his own needs above others. With this being said, he understands his duty as a doctor and will help those in need, however this is not without guaranteeing his own desires have also been met in some capacity. Most of Isaac's interests are materialistic, valuing money and possessions greatly. More abstract concepts elude Isaac in importance seeing little value in the figurative.

Abrasive
    Isaac is very sarcastic, sardonic and abrasive in his interactions with others. He often views other as beneath them, not due to his higher social standing but rather assuming that others are foolish or idiotic. Often times, in comparison to himself, he is correct. When he is wrong, he pretends such things are non-existent, continuing to treat others are lower until they prove their worth. Oh, and he is terribly sarcastic. That doesn't help.

The Reason Why:
    In short, money. As a fairly young doctor, Isaac is not very established in his practice, nor does he have the most steady flow of income. While he serves a private doctor to a few reliable clients, Isaac is also a businessman and needs to spend money to earn more. So the promise of money offers stability as well as a means to satisfy his own self interest. It may not be the best of reasons, but it is Isaac's guiding principle.

Background:
    Isaac was born as the second son and raised in the town of Bloomgarden to a newly anointed noble family, the Shearer family. One of the younger noble families, Isaac's parents were skilled and deft merchants, further expanding the Shearer economic empire with shrewd knowledge of mercantilism. Strongly concerned social mobility and presence, Isaac was pushed at young age to obtain the most effective education and the most prestigious professions. As the second son, Isaac was not as pushed as his elder brother, Mathew, yet Isaac took the "tough love" in stride, constantly pushing himself. Isaac, in due time, became arguably the smarter of the two, yet his interests did not fall in line with the Shearer tradition of merchants and traders, drifting more towards the medical field. His parents, initially displeased, eventually supported Isaac's newly founded ambitions. Giving him the most support they could offer, Isaac was given the permission to attend a medical school in the southern town of Holsteim.

Holsteim is a fairly large town, not too unlike Bloomgarden, making Isaac's transition to the new location at the age of 19 relatively smooth. Calling a small room onto of the local tavern his home for the next several years, Isaac kept to himself and his studies. He rarely left the confines of his room unless it was necessary, taking diligence to a whole new level. However, it was around this time, that his bitterness, self interest and poor habits took hold. Holsteim was not as pristine or idealistic as Bloomgarden, with an underpinning of crime, corruption and depravity that he had never quite experienced in his hometown. Isaac was forced to adapt in the occasional separation from his isolation. Donning an indifference to others to maintain a visage that warded off unwanted solicitors, Isaac's visage seeped into his core. It was only by serving his own interests that he was able to maneuver through the darker social climate of Holsteim.

However, it was not all darkness and selfishness in Holsteim. For most of his time, he maintained a stable and enjoyable relationship with a fellow medical student. It was supportive, and for a time made Isaac forget about the pitiful state the world was in. Pushing each other to achieve, helping each other on tests and taking the occasional trip out of the city, Isaac, for a moment, was considering making the commitment true. However, days before Isaac was going to propose, his long-time girlfriend decided to end the relationship, claiming that she was intending to leave the country with a childhood friend of hers. Heartbroken, Isaac rushed his final year of medical school, graduated early and moved back to Bloomgarden.

At Bloomgarden, Isaac continued to live his parents with his elder brother progressively becoming the head of the household. Isaac took on a number of clients, mostly operating as a private, visiting doctor to start his own business on his own, refusing the charity of his family. Many of his clients were of influence, including the Tobba family being among his most loyal customers. Isaac, however, was never considered the most popular doctor despite his skill as his bitterness and matter of fact personality putting off many clients. However, he achieved some stability.

News of this Ironwood Express passed through the grapevine as Isaac was shopping for supplies. Seeing the promise of riches before his eyes and the capability to make his practice worldwide, Isaac immediately jumped on the opportunity, seeing no reason to not considering how being the lonely second son would not exactly be the best way to go out when it was all said and done.

Personal Effects:
    Isaac, in a pale attempt to be noble, carries a cane with him in most cases despite not need any assistance in his movement. This cane also carries a small rapier in it, acting as a cane sword effectively. Isaac's skills are not great with the blade, but capable enough to fend off an untrained foe.

Isaac also carries a doctor bag into most situations carrying the most essential and basic equipment, but this is to be expected.

Other:
    Isaac doesn't like shirts very much. So he will randomly take off his shirt, with very little regard for societal acceptance of this eccentric behavior.

Also, I have two proposed themes for Isaac to (re) read this SU with: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t755JKqKt0Y or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvqtWjN7lOI

Why? I like this grunge-y music lately.

Or you could pick this theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHkKJfcBXcw
    It's my personal favorite too.

RP Sample:
    Here's a link to a decent post from Digimon: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8688338&postcount=5

Lucifer-san

[i]Recently Revived Zombie[/i]
    Years

• Niles Alphonse
    "What do you mean alchemy doesn't exist? With an attitude like that I'd never find a Philosopher Stone!"

Name:
    Niles Alphonse

Appearance and Attire:
    Having short blonde hair and blue eyes, Niles appears to be quite boyish despite his age. Niles stands at a rather average height of 5'6" and weighs approximately 150lbs. His skin is rather pale due to the many hours that he spends in his lab experimenting and trying to figure out different combinations that might work together to form potions. On his face are a set of brown frame glasses; he usually carries a second pair due to his work being rather sketchy.

His appearance tends to be a mix of disheveled and neat. Niles general attire generally consists of a brown tunic and dark blue jacket along with a rather eye-catching burnt orange cloak embroidered with the runic symbol for Sowilo. Being a alchemist, or in his case a wannabe alchemist, he tends to carry a satchel along with him that holds a few odd and ends along with all of his notes on his studies that at first look seem rather nonsensical, but with the right eye, have some promise within them. Maybe...

"The cloak was knitted by my one of the kids in town named Laura, she's really into mechanics but made this for me when I decided to leave and go on my journey. I promised her I'd be safe, I'm sort of like an Uncle to her. She's a nice kid."

Hometown:
    Eastwood, a rather rural town that had a bit of market boom awhile back due to the selling of rare wolf pelts. Mainly they make a decent profit off of their harvest crops; grain, leather, along with alleged potions coming straight from Niles himself. While it is naturally quaint there always seems to be a sort of energy there that can't be contained, usually due to the explosive mishaps that Niles causes when mixing things that shouldn't be mixed together. Niles doubles as the towns herbalist and, despite his antics, makes a decent amount of coin from the things that he makes that do work.

"Home is pretty much where ever you can return to, where those who make you happy and those you've grown fond of are. Eastwood is that to me."

Personality:
    Niles is a gentleman to those he associates with, but is overall much more concerned with his own business making him come off as a bit self-centered. He's a very enthusiastic person and this tends to also show in his daily life. When not working in the lab, he likes to talk with people and help around the town anyway that he might be able to. While somewhat of a idealist, mainly because his dream is rather ridiculed when people think he's not listening, he can be somewhat cynical if necessary to help others. Common belief is that Niles can't resist helping people, and that tends to be true.

Niles genuinely thinks humans are a rather interesting species and while in his pursuit of the Philospher Stone, that he insists actually exists, he tends to try his best to see others flourish and reach their dreams as well. Selfish, but helpful is a rather neat way to sum up Niles basic personality. Though, in pursuit of his dream, he'd be willing to do almost anything to aqcuire such an item if it was for the good of mankind.

"Hey! If I help you out, you owe me a bit of grain. I have need of it for a crucial experiment!"

Strengths:

Intelligent: Niles has always been a rather smart man, especially since his means of business is a rather dubious field. While not having a lot of esoteric knowledge on things, his knowledge of math, science, and literature is extremely high. Not that most people would think so due to his rather often antics.

"I'll have you know, I studied very hard when I was younger. How could one be an alchemist if they don't know much at all?"

Headstrong: Niles has a will of iron almost. Unwilling to backdown when things are tough and always looking for a way to get things done, this has served him well and sometimes he even has a few breakthroughs. It's mostly due to his unyielding personality that the crops have flourished so much in his town. He created something of a growth hormone through the right mixtures and it's why the people respect him despite his rather different dream.

"If I backed down now, there's no way I could live with myself! I have things I still need to do!"

Empathetic: Niles is very understanding of human emotion. He understands that everybody comes from very different backgrounds and that you can't judge a book by a cover. Perhaps his greatest strength is his ability to at least try and understand, something that most people don't have it in them to do. Seeing the best and worst of people as something natural, Niles can honestly says he loves people as they are.

"Just like stars in the sky everyone is their own light. Behind every light is a person with hopes and dreams, fears and secrets. That's what makes us human."

Weaknesses:

A bit of a Klutz: The most evident reason for the many explosions he causes in his psuedo-lab back in Eastwood would be the fact that he's kind of clumsy. Often mixing the wrong ingredients together or slipping on a item that happens on the ground that no one would slip over; Niles is the picture of clumsiness. An oddity to this however, is the fact that in public when surrounded by people one would never be able to tell how clumsy he is. Though, this may be due to the fact that he makes sure to focus extra hard so no...accidents could occur in public.

"Hey! I only blew up your crops once, I didn't realize that the two compounds would react that violently."

Short Fuse: When coming to the matters of his study, if confronted face to face by someone else who calls his dream stupid he generally flips out. Whether it be yelling or even getting extremely physical with that person, he refuses to have his dream ridiculed. Though, people have learned that he tends to hear what he wants after you say something/ While he has been working on getting in control of his anger, he still finds himself steamed from time to time when someone pushes his buttons. It's a bit harder now to press his buttons, but if you do...well he has one hell of a left.

"Hey! Who's dream are you calling so insignificant that you'd need a telescope to see it! I'll kick your ass buddy!"

The Reason Why:
    The Philosopher Stone, an Almighty Panacea, an Elixer of Life, all things that Niles wishes to eventually gain for himself. He seeks to grant peace to the land by usage of these items, healing all ailments and potentially granting wealth to all. With no hints so far as to how one would go about acquiring or making these items, Niles can only rationally assume that maybe along a vast journey he should find what he's looking for, besides that he liked trains. They were a kind of novel thing to him.

Background:
    A simple boy that at one point held a rather simple and single-minded goal. His early years were often based around fables and other stories read to him by his mother, Gloria. They lived a comfortable life, not being too rich or very poor. The bookshelves and the vast amount of books they owned was odd, but his Mother told him that they were his Father's. Though he didn't know whom his Faather was, he was very thankful for the books once hearing that. Stories made up some of the fondest thoughts that Niles had, from dreams of the great wolf that hid in the wheat to others about the great alchemist who had gained immortality. It was these stories that shaped his childhood and ultimately led him to become a Merchant at the age, Niles had what his mom called adventurer's blood, maybe that had been the reason his Dad had left them at a young age?

He spent approximately 7 years as a Merchant. If he was being honest, he would call himself more of a wanderer than a merchant if only because he went more for the sights than the coin he could rack in. Learning the trade for his first 2 years had left him weary due to how strenuous business dealings could be, but it had been a rather interesting experience. Though, his task to to become an alchemist grew to become a much larger focus after acquiring some rather dubious notes from a seller in a small town near Eastwood. The notes talked about how there was a specific way to make certain items, items Niles had only heard mentioned previously in stories. Some of the required ingredients were vague, for example Essence of L, he had wondered what that even was. He'd been 29 when he decided that he was going to become an alchemist.

The Philosopher Stone, it was a grandiose objective for any normal person, but Niles had a new objective. A simple desire to gain an item that was thought to be myth, it was a definite challenge but maybe it was what he needed. He enjoyed helping others and with a Philosopher Stone, Niles could only think of all the good he could do. The stone could be an easy source of money for those who lacked it, and that was only the tip of the power it potentially possessed. However, before Niles could even try and make such a thing he needed to study once more. There was only one place he could practice and see the effects in a mostly peaceful way, his hometown, though he'd try to be cautious. There was a long way ahead of him and with him his clumsiness would hinder that progress. Thinking about the challenge that lied ahead filled him with determination.

Personal Effects:

Alchemy Notebook - A book that has all of his notes, ideas, and whatever thoughts that he might have about what he's trying to do. It's nearly hundred pages thick and most of them are all used up with many things written here and there. It could pretty much be considered his life's work at this point, if it was taken or damaged in anyway it's likely he'd freak out a lot and explode with anger. It wouldn't be a pretty thing for anyone.

Other:
    Due to his former profession and his constant wandering Niles is much more physically fit than what his frame would suggest. While not being particularly skilled in fighting, Niles has some sort of weird aptitude for it. His temper, which he got from his mother, is helpful but has cost him a few deals before when he simply snapped at the person.

RP Sample:

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    There still a coupl things I need to add, but I figured I'd get what I got up for convenience. So here

Jack Ambrose

"If there's something you need, I'd be happy to get it for you."

18 // The Right Hand Man // Male

Appearance and Attire: Jack has never been known for his height, unless it's someone mocking him for his lack of it. He barely reaches 5"5. He usually wears his hair short in a style that resembles a crew cut. Given his recent...circumstance, he's had to neglect his favoured hairstyle, instead wearing it down. His physique isn't particularly intimidating either. He has a slender, working build.

His grey eyes were something he was passed on from his father's genes, as a result he holds a lot of pride in them, since they're the most prominent and recognised trait he that he inherited from the man. Almost every other feature on his face is a direct image of his mother. While he still retains a masculine look, he takes on the rounded structure of his mother's face, as well as the woman's sightlier stubbier nose. Despite the cute and welcoming nature of his face, Jack can usually be seen wearing the same dead, and uninterested expression.

The most noticeable part of his attire is the grey cloth he wears around his neck. Once again something he was gifted by his father. Under it, he wears a black jacket with a grey stripe that streams from the top of each shoulder, down to the waist. His dark grey trousers are finally met by a standard and comfortable pair of black shoes.

"It works. That's all I really need."

Hometown: Harburn is a town of modest size. With masses of large houses and gardens being the majority of the the otherwise spacious town, it's obvious to see what kind of people occupy it. The only ones that don't boast masses of wealth are those who work as servants, butlers, gardeners etc.

"Harburn is a....nice place."

Personality: Jack holds very little sentiment. Although he tends to care for close family and friends, being a survivalist has made him reluctant to hold too much feelings towards objects. Despite this, he cant seem to let go of his fathers old cloth. Jack is also very dismissive. Necessity is all that he strives for, and so rarely aims to challenge or better himself. He's very content with comfortable, and never goes out of his way to get well off, or wealthy.
    Where his pride is involved, he often becomes much more passionate in protecting it. He refuses to lose to anyone he deems less than him in any area.

"I haven't had my own personality since I was a child"

Strengths:
    Good Judge of Character
    While not hasty or overly judgemental, Jack has taken confidence in his ability to make accurate preconceived judgements on a person's background and personality. Having served an honourable family for years, he has seen many come and go, almost making a game of guessing the origin of each character. A skill that has often come in handy since the incident.

"People can get so predictable after a while. From the way they dress to the way they hold their drink. Every small movement tells a million tales."

Street Smarts
    For the past few weeks, Jack has had to take to hiding. He's kept his head down, somehow avoiding authorities in the process. He's able to keep a low profile and finds large cities to be easy to manipulate and navigate to his advantage. It's a skill he's had to learn quickly, but he's taken to it like a fish to water.

"Certain situations require a man to be able to adapt. I did it perfectly."

Façade
    Whether it be simply faking a smile or causing a scene, Jack is an expert when it comes to his poker face. His years in service have forced him to act like someone he isn't and he has benefited from that. He's far from a Jack of all trades, better he's definitely a master of this one.

"I'm a serviceman. I am who I need to be."

Weaknesses:
    Wanted
    Avoiding authorities isn't easy. Especially when you're known for the murder of a member of a noble family. Outside of Harburn, his chances of remaining unknown are a lot easier, but there is a chance that his name and face could travel faster than the Ironwood.

I'm no more guilty than anyone else.

Uneducated
    Street smarts can only take you so far. While he carries a respectable amount of wit and common sense, his very limited formal education makes prone to being left behind in most situations. A lack of mathematics, English and Geography are his most crippling losses. This also makes him quite gullible at times, as he fails to see things that others might pick up on immediately. He has been easily manipulated because of this in the past.

It's true. I didn't have time for school whilst taking on my father's job.

Pride
    He is a proud man with a lot of weaknesses. The combination is something that often leaves him angered of frustrated by his own shortcomings. Seeing Jack angered by his loss at something as simple as an arm wrestle isn't a rare sight.

I have high standards, and I aim to meet them. It's understandable.

The Reason Why:It's simple. He needs to stay on the move, and a free train ride is a simple way to travel. He has no interest in this 'treasure of dreams' or whatever, he just wants to get away. Harburn has grown more and more alert, and he would've soon lost his head if he'd have stayed there.

"It really isn't important"

Background: The story of Jack is one he prefers to keep secret. It starts off rather simple, with him being the son of a working man who served a noble family. Despite the families wealth, the only had a few servants who worked tirelessly. A man's body can only carry him so far though, and those 'tireless workers began to grow tired. They needed more hands, but the family refused. The rich family were so against paying the wages of a few more servants. Why? One man went out of his way to find out. That was the last that was seen of him.
    The missing man had to be replaced. He was replaced by none other that his thirteen year old son, Jack Ambrose. At first Jack work honourably as a loyal servant to the family. However, as time went by, his curiosity as to the fate of his father began to grow. Peaked by a letter he discovered while working, Jack's curiosity was led beyond innocent wondering, and into the realm of accusational hatred. What he did next is something to this day he is forced to regret, whether he actually does or not, even he doesn't know. Two corpses were the result of his hatred. The two bodies are what forced him to leave Harburn. He's lived in Bellson since, but news of his heinous act soon reached the neighbouring town, and he's had to move again.
    News of the Ironwood has offered solace to traveller, giving his a golden ticket out of conviction. All he has to do is board the train and be on his way.

"No one is completely evil. Although...some are much closer than others."

RP Sample

Last edited:

Jay

Years

• It's wonderful to see some new faces in and old members returning, Legend's "Isaac Shearer" is of course welcome back and Accepted.

I'm loving the character so far Shak, a young man on the run from the law for a crime he committed out of anger... though in the end, he probably isn't even a bad guy. He's Reserved for now

Luci, wonderful to see you back again, I assume this means you're making a new character? Interesting. I look forward to seeing it! You're Reserved.

Welcome Tixen, to the RP. I've not seen you around though I've been on RP hiatus for a while until now. I look forward to seeing your stuff. Reserved.

Last edited:

Jay

Years
  • ~My own two Characters.~

Name:

Lady Aria Eliza Dominique of Bellson

"..And I am proud of it to."

"It IS rude to ask a lady her age you know?"

Appearance and Attire:

Described by those whom live within the town as the "Shimmering Rose of Bellson", Aria is known among the people of the small town as a figurehead and representation of the beauty hidden in the subtle nooks and crannies of the countryside. While some may would shun a girl with glistening red eyes to match already unsavory crimson locks as a daemon or some dangerous matter of the occult, the people of Bellson do not and instead compare her to the most beautiful and stunning rose imaginable. In short she is graceful, elegant and beautiful. Her features are long and delicate, yet carry a sort of resolute strength in spite of this. She would not describe herself as a delicate flower at all, but her people see her differently.

She dresses in the attire of a noblewoman, but tends to dress slightly unorthodox for the times, preferring to wear mostly her favourite color. Which, ironically enough, is red. A white corset is concealed by a stunning pink, red and maroon dress, her legs covered by plain white tights in turn. She stands as quite the stunning streak of crimson as she walks in contrast with the green hills of Bellson in the countryside, making it almost impossible not to give her at least a passing glance. She is aware of this as well, though it doesn't concern her much either way. She's had enough desperate suitors to know what staring eyes can feel like.

She has an uncanny obsession with hats as well, loving them to bits and tending to wear one wherever she goes. Her favourite is one that contributed to her nick name, a red flat top hat with a lace ring and two roses upon the trim... though she tends to replace the flowers regularly with any red blossoms she might spy along the road.

"Oh, well... I do like to look nice I suppose, but I don't think I'm really anything that special."

Hometown:

Aria is the daughter of the mayor of Bellson, she grew up in the town and has never set foot outside of its boundaries bar the occasional visit to another district for political affairs.

"I don't really get out much, I guess I'm needed here too often, a shame really."

Personality:

Resolute || Pure || Moral || Emotional || Stubborn​

"I don't much care for being defined in such a manner, but I suppose if you really must know..."

From a very young age Aria was shown to always try and look at and make the positive side of things a reality. Even when her Mother died at the age of ten, despite her tears and cries she still pulled through in the end and did everything she could to comfort her grieving father. Incredibly resolute and determined, Aria has developed the ability to never back down inspired by the people of Bellsons courage and her Mothers admirable struggle against illness. She makes an effort to never let a situation get to her, even if it looks dire.

Aria has never consumed alcohol, nor does she intend to. She has not allowed herself to inhale the scent of smoked tobacco, nor will she ever do so. She has been tempted with weakness in personality and evil in heart many a time, but she has not once given into it. Her personality is pure and she does everything in her power to maintain it. She does not despise others whom partake in substances, but she refuses to share their vices. She does despise those whom allow evil to bleed into them, however, and she fights with everything she has to avoid the path they follow. Some might find her puritan opinions on such things to be snobby or rude, but she feels she has the right to keep her opinion regardless. Her main focus of these opinions after all, is to stay as moral as she is. She has always been a firm believer in the ideas of justice and truth and as a lawyer and a person she constantly seeks to uphold them in all ways. Evil would corrupt her, intoxication might lower her guard.

Even with her resolute determination and puritan sense of morality, Aria cannot change the fact that she is a very emotional person whom tends to sway between feelings quickly. Easily embarrassed, angered, depressed and sometimes even afraid, this quick sway can be a very negative thing at times. Yet despite this, she is also the first to smile at a bright new day, quick to widen her eyes and gasp in wonder and awe and surely she is one of the most passionate people in the World when it comes to defending those and that which she might care for.

Perhaps the most bothersome aspect of Aria's personality is something that draws from almost every other shade that her personal spectrum can offer. This being, her stubborn behavior. Stubborn as a mule with its feet cemented into the ground, Aria can often get herself into trouble with others due to her inability to accept it when things don't go her way. It can help her occasionally, when debating in the court room, but in general social conventions it tends to turn others away.

Strengths:

Strong Willed:
    Aria is a fiercely determined young woman, unwilling to accept things as anything less than successful. She often impresses others with a steely resolve that lets her push through even the toughest situations with one of the best possible outcomes. Many people believe correctly that is is this drive that has kept the constantly struggling Bellson afloat for as long as it has. Compared to her Father, the mayor, the people of Bellson have tended to rely on Aria recently to deal with legal problems and monetary concerns for their home. Without her drive and passion Bellson surely would have already fallen to pieces.

"If I can do something and I must do something then it will be done, that which has to be done now is something I can do. So I will do it!"

Deductive:
    Studying for years to be a lawyer in order to protect her town from its financial crisis, this combined with Aria's childhood dreams of solving mysteries have helped her to hone a keen mind and deductive edge. One of the most talented law smiths in the country, Aria is capable of including every little bit of information she has gathered and put together in order to come out with a logical solution... and only if it is the proven truth will she accept otherwise. She's capable of deducing conclusions and solving problems on the large and small scale if she has the appropriate evidence. She's the kind of person who can get to the root of any mystery should she have the time or motivation, be it your typical murder mystery, a simple missing quill or even the eventual fate of the entire town of Bellson.

"As a little girl Father would tell me all about the constables and crime fighters whom protected the common folk by solving puzzles and mysteries. I knew even when toddling around the manor as a child that I wanted to live a similar life."

Kindhearted and Empathetic:
    Aria is a kind and considerate person, always taking others feelings into account unless she finds it necessary to do otherwise. She feels that unless someone has done something truly horrible that they still have enough vulnerability in their hearts to be hurt... and she doesn't see the point in hurting people. She is willing to hurt others if it means protecting that which is dearer to her, but she thinks those whom are just plain horrible to anybody at all for the sake of it are poor excuses for people. She bases herself and her feelings off of how she herself would want to be treated. This has lead her to be somewhat of an empathy driven soul when compared with her skills in deduction. She always seems to have a way with knowing what others are feeling and if someone is truly hurting inside then she will do her best to help them.

"There are no good or bad people... there are just people. Everybody has something they hold close to their hearts and that alone shows that they have a heart at all."

Weaknesses:

Inability to Decline:
    Unless in a court room defending her client or accusing a defendant... Aria is rather the big pushover. She finds it difficult to decline people whom ask her for things nicely enough. Sometimes silly little tasks that others could do normally fall to her because someone might be feeling a little bit lazy or selfish. As a Lady, people rarely ask her for things regardless, but now on a journey where every party present may just be on equal footing it may just be a problem. Granted if a person asks in a horrible manner or is known to be a horrible person by Aria, then the answer they receive will be a solid "No", of that you can be certain. If Aria were to be tricked into believing someone to be better than they are? Well then such a thing may leave her in a dangerously gullible position.

"It's nice to be nice, that's all. I don't really see the issue here."

Physically Weak:
    Resolute and strong willed as she may be, Aria was still pampered for most of her life and no amount of willpower can overcome a glaring physical weakness apart from in the most extreme of adrenaline fueled circumstances. Aria is not strong, in fact she's really rather weak. She has trouble lifting most heavy objects and her frailty means that physical fights would almost always end badly for her unless she can find some way to think her way out of it or deduce some sort of advantage she could give herself. This is yet another reasons as to why she is compared to a flower, she is known to be delicate and her elegant and pretty appearance doesn't offer much in the way of changing that opinion.

"Yes, yes I admit I'm not strong alright? Hmph, we're not all powerhouses now are we?"

Stubborn:
    Attributed to her noble birth and resolute determination, Aria is a very stubborn girl whom fights tooth and nail to get her way. It's almost comical how stubborn she can be, though in many ways it has assisted her in her work as a lawyer and bulwark of defense for Bellson. When things don't go her way and the outcome is unavoidable she'll puff out her cheeks, cross her arms and huff and puff in a subtle childish annoyance. Some apparently find this endearing, though it is rumored that her father is growing rather tired of it.

"I am not stubborn. You really don't know what you're talking about after all, do you? Hmph."

The Reason Why:

The town of Bellson has been suffering financially for the greater part of two years, constantly threatening to collapse in on itself and full asunder. Aria as a lawyer has done everything she can to fight for her little village and people with everything she has, be it as a lawyer or as a person in general. She has kept Bellson alive for all of this time but even she has limits. She realizes that she can only now buy the town time before it lays defeated.

The day the sun rose on Bellson and the bustle on the streets directed her to the posters outside was the day that her decision was made. She would not falter now, she would leave Bellson behind in order to save it later. Many people feel betrayed by Lady Aria's actions as they do not understand her reasoning. To them she is simply trying to escape and abandon the town forever. She dare not tell them otherwise in fear of giving them false hope that she cannot fulfill. She knows there will be risks, but the riches promised by the Ironwood could not only save Bellson... but also elevate it to be one of the greatest areas in all of Ammitia. Leaving her beloved town in confidence to her father, whom she believes can find the hope to defend it again, she prepares her things and readies herself to step onto the Ironwood express despite all risks and scorn that entails.

"People of Bellson, I beg of you forgive my actions. But I must leave you now, whether you realize it or not, I do what I do now to save you from your fate."

Background:

"You're crying!...Papa?! What's the matter... aren't we going to see Mama today?"

"Oh Aria, Princess, don't worry Daddy is fine honey... I'm-"

"...we can't go and see Mama anymore... can we Papa?"

"No sweetheart... we- I'm so sorry Aria, I'm so sorry."

Aria's birth was a near miracle. Her Mother had fallen extremely ill a month before she was due and it looked like both the Mother and little Aria would die before she could be conceived. Aria's father wept for days as his resolve was broken, the idea of losing the woman he loved and the child he would come to adore tortured his mind and he could do nothing to prevent it. He knew of no way to stop illness from taking them away. He had no options left and he fell into desperation, despair and depression. That is... until a stranger offered to him, a chance. A man with a green and black suit and a small top hat upon his head. His teeth looked sharpened yet his demeanor was friendly and his voice was calm. He sat before the old mayor, approaching from seemingly out of nowhere with a smile on his face.

"I can save them both, for a certain favor in return I can keep them alive."

Whatever that price was, the mayor was more than willing to pay.

***​

Aria was born as a beautiful baby girl with unusually piercing red eyes. Such an oddity was incredibly rare and almost unheard of and many might choose to shun a young one for such difference. But not Aria's family, not her father and mother... whom were always grateful for the precious child they had. Aria was brought up to be the successor to the house of Dominique, the presiding manor of the town of Bellson and one of the richest small Lordships in all of Ammitia. She was adored by her family and the people of Bellson both for her quick learning, sharp mind and polite and pretty demeanor. Her father would tell her stories of Constables and Detectives, he himself once being one such man. Inspired as she was, Aria dreamed of being a person whom could protect others even from such young ages as five or six.

However she only had to start putting these practices to use upon her tenth year of life.

Aria had heard that her mother had been sickly for a very long time and that her surviving Aria's own childbirth was nothing short of a miracle. The disease that the woman suffered from was unknown to all doctors and physicians in the country... and Aria always knew somewhere inside that she wouldn't have her Mother in her later life. In the final days of her existence Lady Dominique was moved to the finest hospital ward that the humble town of Bellson could provide. Lord Dominique and little Aria would visit her sickly Mother each passing day and spend hours together, just enjoying each others company as if all present knew that such times would never last.

On a cool and breezy Sunday morning, Aria walked into her Fathers study to see crying with tears that he could not control.

And the little girl knew that she would not be visiting her Mother that day.

What she didn't know however was that this was the beginning of the end for Bellson.

***​

Aria began to focus her studies on law and politics as she grew older. She was convinced more than ever since her Mothers death that she would be someone who could protect others. Just as when she was ten, when she put on her bravest face to protect her grieving father. She studied in Bellson, under the tutelage of her townships finest teachers, lawmen and constables. Dedicated to her cause with a brewing resolution that would come to define the person that she is today. However, as she forced herself to excel, her father sunk further down into nothing. The town became badly managed, staff began to quit and leave apart from those most loyal to Aria and her father, shops closed and jobs became less and less available. Bills weren't paid to the state and the little towns debts began to stack higher and higher.

Two years before this story took place Bellson finally came under threat of being overrun and dilapidated by the Ammitian government, however at this time it had a new leader to defend it. Aria, now taking the title of Lady Aria Eliza Dominique, had taken her studies to extraordinary height and at the tender age of twenty-three she earned a full education and received the right to become a lawyer in order to defend her home in the legal battle that came to knock on its door. For two straight years she has defended Bellson tooth and nail, but now even she realizes that she can't keep fighting forever. She's pushing the tides themselves back in a losing battle and nothing short of a miracle akin to that which conceived her could salvage her lost homestead now.

But just as she felt ready to give up such a miracle occurred.

The Ironwood Express, a dangerous venture that could earn one riches beyond the wildest dreams of even the greatest noble. That is what the poster entailed, that is what the people proclaimed in the streets as they debated the validity of the entire thing. It was too suspicious to take on is what the general consensus believed. But not her, not Aria. She had wished for a miracle... and she knew in her heart that this was just that. A miracle to save her home and her people from disappearing forever.

In secret on the day before the trains departure she packed her bags away, aware that the people would hate her for abandoning them now. But she knew she had no choice. The night passed and the morning came on what was soon to be the grandest adventure of this young woman's life. To save her town, to save her people, to save her father, she could do this... she would do this.

"Father..."

"Aria... those bags... oh please Sweetheart, please don't leave me alone, please not you too.

"I am leaving Bellson in your hands until I return. I am leaving with the train, when I return with the fortunes it promises I will use them to return Bellson to what it once was. My home. Our home."

"Aria please... think with sense, you can't! You can't leave your father behind... I need you... this town needs you!

"I believe in you Father. I know you can do this for me until my return."

Aria... Aria, princess wait! Stop! Come back Aria!

"Goodbye... Papa."

"Aria?! Aria! ARIA!"

She had already pushed back out the door as her old and downhearted father attempted to move after her. Taking to the streets with nothing but a small bag of clothes in hand, she heads to the miraculous station with her burning resolution shimmering in her heart,

Personal Effects:

Red flat top hat:
    Aria loves hats, but this one given to her by her father on her 20th birthday is still her favorite. The simple red hat is adorned with a ring of black lace which allows various flowers to be inserted into it. Obviously the hat is most usually on her head, but when nervous or embarrassed she tends to take it off and clench it by the rim to comfort herself. It's a very special item to her and if she were to lose it she would get very upset. It may just be the only physical object she is overly protective of, which is rather rare for a noble.

"What?... Hats are pretty..."

Other:

N/A

"I can't seem to think of anything else relevant..."

RP Sample:

I'm the GM sillies. I know what my skill level is already.

"He's right you know!"

Spoiler:

Name:
    "Dear guests! An introduction... I am Rowin Odo, proud conductor of the train you will guide my guests upon, onto and into the future. A pleasure at last to meet the omnipotence of our creators."

"Now that would be telling! I am at least as old as my train, if that helps."

Appearance and Attire:
    "Dashing and daring, just turn your gaze upwards for more."

Hometown:

"Oh I'm from here, there and everywhere you know? A little bit of my World and a little bit of yours. Was I ever born at all? How philosophical! What even is a home? A place where one's heart belongs. In such a way I would say that my hometown is the Ironwood herself."

Personality:
    I'm about as much as I desire to be, in every way and form. I'll be nice, I promise."

Strengths:
    "Everything and nothing."

Weaknesses:

"Nothing and everything."

The Reason Why:
    "Why do men do what they love? We do what we love ebcause we love it. Maybe you suspect your little reasonings and developments, but all that is truly here is my own state of being and individuality. I want to drive a train to places of unimaginable remarkable glory. I want to take you all along with me.

Nothing to do? Talk to me and I'll give you a task. Bored and alone? I'll be the friendship and interaction you need. When your personal story comes to stand and you need a boost in the interesting direction, then talk to fair, old Rowin. He'll give you your purpose."

Background:
    "Some things won't be told even here. It won't be easy for our powers that be to see the secrets I have in store."

Personal Effects:
    "An attractive hat and a few tricks up my sleeve."

Other:
    "Other, other? Not another. No more asking, you'll be a bother."

RP Sample:
    "Oh you know the drill, I'm sure."

Ladies and gentlemen, meet Rowin Odo. The conductor of the Ironwood Express. A strange and mysterious figure whom resides in the front carriage of the train and commands the ironwood express as a maestro of the magnificent.

He will serve as the driving force to move the plot forward and to help things along. If you ever feel stuck and without something to do in the RP (and you can't think of a sub-plot yourself, or simply do not want to) then inform me, either on PC through VM/PM or in the Railways Skype chat. Once done I will give you a few lines to include from the conductor in your next post, have your character visit the train and ask for advice and the conductor will give them something new to do without delay, nor interference. This will be a fairly simple task, but it should give room to make a full post... and you might even expand it into something more.

***​

TheSignWriter

Forever is an illusion.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2016
    Hey there! Just asking for a reservation, but I don't think I'll need one. ^^

~TheSignWriter

Last edited:

Jay

Years
  • Welcome Miss Signy, both to Railways and to Pokécommunity. I'm glad to see you take interest in RW as your first Pokécommunity RP. I look forward to seeing what kind of SU you can work up.

Reserved.

Jay

Years
  • Before I make a decision on whether to join or not, there is one thing I would like to know about the Ironwood Express. Which railway company owns it?

Assuming this is a joke, since Railways is a completely fictional Universe. ^^'' But the Ironwood Express belongs to now Railway company. Nobody knows where it came from or how it and its rails even exist.~ It's very existence and sudden appearance in Bellson is a massive mystery in and of itself.

Also to everyone whom has yet to submit their SU's, I'd very much like to submit the IC by the end of this week, so please hurry up and get working on your applications!

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Yeah, how bad is the delay in cold weather? I've been dealing a lot with trains recently, and it is concerning to me. How optimalized are it's routes, and does it still enter the station on time during autumn?

Reactions: Jay
    Back