• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RAM!

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
Years
  • Current laptop has 8GB of RAM. Previous laptops I've used only had 4GB each, with one of those being originally 3GB.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • My desktop has 16GB, which is overkill, but it's simply because I got 8GB free when I bought something else from Newegg and had nothing better to do with it but add it to the 8GB that was already in there. My Macbook has 8GB which is honestly plenty.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Main PC: 4x4GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 668MHz
    That's only the current speed though, I think it's rated for 1833MHz.

My laptop has only 32MB.

I hate to sound like Bill Gates back in the day
    That's why I went for 16GB now (the most my board supports) instead of settling for 6 or 8.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • Laptop has 4GB RAM. An ASUS laptop that managed to run MGS: Ground Zeroes without any issues so I have no problem. Although the under-powered i3 with 4 gigs of RAM gives me problems while performing video editing tasks on 1080p videos. :p
    Phone has 3GB. Not once did I have any issues with this. Runs as many apps as I can throw at it without a hitch. :p
    My Home PC has 4GBs too. Although I'm gonna go for an upgrade to the PC in a few months, definitely. It has been long overdue with my PC now being 7 years old.

A few years ago I wouldn't have imagined my phone having 3 gigs of RAM, lol.

Blu·Ray

Manta Ray Pokémon
    Years
  • I have 4 GB on my Surface Pro 3, which is plenty, 1 GB on my aging Galaxy S2, which is okay, but makes multitasking not so convenient, and 8 GB on my desktop, which occasionally is not really enough...

Let's just leave it at the fact that I love tabs...
    Spoiler:

Years
  • Dude, nobody is supposed to know that they can do that :P

Come on, man. Downloading RAM is that secret Japanese tech no one wants to share. ;)

New PC is running 8. Gonna upgrade to 16 soon, anymore than that just seems pointless to me at the moment.
    Phone is running 1GB. Upgrading that eventually as well.

Toastertop is at like 4 but lol I don't use that damn thing.

Back