• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Rampardos vs. Bastiodon

Which one is Don??

• Rampardos

Votes: 113 75.3%
  • Bastiodon

Votes: 37 24.7%

• Total voters

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    I like Rampardos. I am more a fan of attack than defense, and I get over Rampardos' low speed by giving it a Quick Claw.

Silver Metagross

Better than blue.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2010
    Well I prefer Rampardos having played though the game with one. An Atk. EV trained Rampardos can 1HKO a Def. EV trained Bastiodon with one Earthquake at Lv: 50 as I did to my own in a double battle at the Battle Tower. I didn't expect it but it is 4x Super Effective. A Bastiodon is a decent wall but has way too many weaknesses to common moves to be really helpful. 4x for both fighting and ground? Thats too far.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    I like Rampardos's effect Mold breaker and it has better attack. Plus, it looks cooler.

Apostrophe

Everybody do the search dance!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    Rampy because it looks like it's high. I mean Rampy has red eyes, a ear-to-ear smile, and half-closed eyes. He's completely baked!

AntiZero

Remember?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2014
    Ramparados looks a lot cooler than Bastiodon, plus it's Attack stats are for the win :)

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    Design-wise, I would choose Rampardos over Bastiodon. However, I always use a Bastiodon during my adventure. It is an amazing tank, and I can always use it when I'm not using any of my main defenders. What sucks about Bastiodon is its 4x weakness to Fighting-type and Ground-type. A good Earthquake could K.O. it in one hit.

It's still effective against many other types. Bastiodon's Steel-type makes it immune to Poison-type attacks and resistant to many others. My current Bastiodon in Platinum is level 87 with:

• Iron Head
    • Iron Defense
    • Endure
    • Rest

Years
    Design-wise, I would choose Rampardos over Bastiodon. However, I always use a Bastiodon during my adventure. It is an amazing tank, and I can always use it when I'm not using any of my main defenders. What sucks about Bastiodon is its 4x weakness to Fighting-type and Ground-type. A good Earthquake could K.O. it in one hit.

It's still effective against many other types. Bastiodon's Steel-type makes it immune to Poison-type attacks and resistant to many others. My current Bastiodon in Platinum is level 87 with:

• Iron Head
    • Iron Defense
    • Endure
    • Rest
    There's not much point in either Endure or Iron Defense. Boosting defenses only helps if you are stalling with Toxic or Sandstorm. Even then, they only need a critical hit, and they'll avoid the Defense boosts as well as doing 2x damage. I'd be running Rest, Stone Edge, Earthquake and Toxic, personally.

Also, can I please demand that people check anywhere in the thread name or poll to see how these Pokémon are spelled, before they insist on butchering the spelling? I don't want to read about Bastodan or Ramparados, Bastiodon and Rampardos are strongly preferred, thanks.

Taking this chance to claim Muphry's law.

Necrolium

Flygon Trainer
    Years
    Rampardos because I had it on my team for Diamond and Platinum, and his moves are really good and he has the second highest attack next to attack form deoxys. So basically what im saying is Rampardos + Head Smash = Other Pokemon faint so... yeah.

Years
    • NJ
    • Seen Dec 8, 2010
    I prefer Rampardos, because he gets the job done a lot faster. Bastiodon's defenses can't cover up the fact that it has so many weaknesses.

Years
    In a competitive battle i prefer bastiodon, because it can stall and have decent attacks, but if i'm bashing thru the game i would prefer rampardos, although i always prefer underappreciated pokemon.

Years
    I'd probably go with Rampardos. I already have Steelix. It's not the same as Bastiodon, but it's a steel type nontheless...

Back