• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate The Fire Mons

blue

gucci
    Years
    I used Incineroar and Salazzle on my first playthrough and I found them to be great Fire types. Turtunator I don't plan on using and nor have I used one before so I can't really say how I feel about it atm.

L'Belle

I am beauty!
    Years
    Incineroar is one of my least favourite pokémon. I hate it.

Salazzle is cool I guess.

I have moon so I have not used Turtonator.

Years
    Salazzle is unfortunately the only one of the three I even used. I love its unique type and ability, so I guess that was a positive factor.

Not sure about Turtonator, since I played Moon. Decent special attacker with some great tanking against physical attackers.

Incineroar is my least fave of the Alola starters, but I can see why it has its fans.

Years
    • Seen today
    From the new Fire types, Incineroar is my favourite. I loved its design from the moment I saw it, and I'll easily take it over a quadrupedal Litten evolution.

My second favourite is Turtonator. I like its design, it's pretty funky. Also, it has an interesting move named Shell Trap.

Salazzle looks cool, has a cool typing and a cool ability, but I don't like how only female Salandit can evolve.

If Alolan forms count, then put Alolan Marowak between Incineroar and Turtonator. Alolan Marowak is a more badass version of Marowak, with a really cool typing and the ability Lightningrod. The only thing wrong with it is that it learns Shadow Bone at level 27, while Cubone evolves at level 28.

MKC

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2023
    Incineroar is precious, I love him and he is perfect, can't top the wrestlecat.
    Now if only gamefreak released his hidden ability that'd be great, I need my Intimidate+Fake out/U-turn combo.

Salazzle is great too, a bit "too sexual" for me but she is really well designed and I appreciate that.
    Her typing is also probably one of the best offensive types out there, that together with her ability makes her pretty dangerous.

Alolan Marowark is cool, I don't really like the original but I think the alolan one is great improvement over it.

Turtonator probably my least favourite, he is just rather ugly and outside of his Shell Trap he doesn't really have much going for him.

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2017
    Fire type Arceus is the best always (lol). I think it depend on how you bulid your team, the stats and moves of the Pokemon will tell you how you should use for any circumstances. To me, I choose Salazzle for the best Fire Pokemon. its base Sp.Attack is 111, Speed is 117. I like a Fire Pokemon whose speed is high.

Years
    Fire type Arceus is the best always (lol). I think it depend on how you bulid your team, the stats and moves of the Pokemon will tell you how you should use for any circumstances. To me, I choose Salazzle for the best Fire Pokemon. its base Sp.Attack is 111, Speed is 117. I like a Fire Pokemon whose speed is high.

Since many fire types aren't exactly known for tanking I can understand that.

smocks

fiat lux
    Years
    I knew Alola lacked in fire-types but dang... Didn't expect it to be this low yikes
    (strictly listing fire types introduced in Alola)

From Best to Worst (imo of course):
    Incineroar, Salazzle, Alola Marowak, Turtonator, & Oricorio.

-Incineroar comes first shockingly! I thought I wasn't going to enjoy Incineroar AT ALL when I first saw it during the trailers but turns out I was in for a huge surprise! After using it throughout my gameplay (#teamlitten) and using it lightly for competitive play, it's not bad & pretty refreshing compared to Houndoom imo.
    -Salazzle & Alola Marowak were Pok?mon I was definitely looking forward to using in SM but turns out I barely used them at all. Their concepts aren't horrible at all & they're not bad Pok?mon at all, but Salazzle can be easily replaced by another Toxic Pok?mon and Alola Marowak's many weaknesses are just a setback. As much I adore these two, I didn't feel them to be refreshing for competitive play.
    -Turtonator is just a huge miss from me. I have used it once during competitive and its not horrible but just not ideal (at least for me) you could say ? I was not pleased when Turtonator was introduced, I was hoping for the first staple Fire/Dragon type to be something entirely different than what Turtonator is. Turtonator feels like an used-up Goodra that can't find its place to me. It's not entirely a wall but its not entirely a special attacker and you can easily replace Turtonator on your team so there's that.
    -Oricorio's Baile Form is just something I haven't tried out nor really want to. We already have a Fire/Flying type so I find so use to it. Plus, I prefer it's Pom-Pom & Sensu Form than this one.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
    From favourite to least favourite:

1) Incineroar
    2) Turtonator
    3) Alolan Marowak
    4) Salazzle
    5) Oricorio (Baile)

Litten was my starter. Although Incineroar isn't my favourite design (I really wish it stayed quadrupedal) I enjoyed using it and it was definitely one of the powerhouses on my team.

I haven't used Tortunator before and most of the reason why I like it is because of Kiawe's Tortunator in the anime which I'm quite fond of. It's got a really interesting design and concept, I just wish it was available in Moon :,(

Alolan Marowak has the best design out of all the new Fire mons imo and a great typing/ability combo. Very fitting for Alola.

I've been waiting for a Fire/Poison type for aaaages so I was really happy to see Salandit and Salazzle. Great design and looked like fun to use based on what others have said, I just never used it because 1) already had Litten so didn't want two Fire-types and 2) finding a Salandit in general took ages, let alone finding a female one.

Oricorio's Baile Forme is probably my least favourite forme of Oricorio, I've just never been that interested in it tbh.

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2018
    1. Salazzle 9.5/10 - Unique typing, unique color palette, elegantly formidable
    2. Incineroar 9/10 - Fun Pattern, Attractive Masc. Starter (most masc ones have ugly faces)
    3. Oricorio 8.5/10 - Great concept and design, some dramatic flair (needs more drama!)
    4. Turtonator 2/10 - Ugly face (I hate the noodly beak with the wide mouth and deflated head), overly-complex design, he's not wearing the shell - the shell is wearing him :/

Years
    Baile Form Oricorio isn't too bad, but you do have to admit it gets outclassed by the other forms in term of type usability.

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2018
    Baile Form Oricorio isn't too bad, but you do have to admit it gets outclassed by the other forms in term of type usability.

This. I immediately loved Baile Form Oricorio...until I saw Sensu Form.

Though, I would say it sits firmly as my second favorite form.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
    Marowak is my favorite Pokemon, soo.... #1 indeed.
    But love Salazzle too <3

tbh I haven't tried the other fire types.

Kartanaheart

Origami King
    Years
    Incineroar's ok. I don't have bad opinions on it and I don't have really good ones either. My only nitpick would be that its arms and hands look a little weird when it moves.

I love Salazzle's color palette and it temporarily had a spot on my team during the story. They put a little too much emphasis on the "sexy lizard" thing (how it stands in battle) but I do like that it walks on all fours like a real lizard when it moves.

I never used Turtonator. It's not even registered in my pokedex, woops

Oricorio's interesting, but I never really used it much.

Back