• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate the video game music above you! (Version 20XX)

Cid

Years
    It has that Toby Fox quality from the Undertale and Deltarune OSTs, and although it took a bit of time, I grew to like this SwSh track. Not as good as his greats from Undertale, but those have the benefit of time, context, and repeated listening. 8/10

pkmin3033

7/10. FFIV has some pretty memorable tracks, and that's a nice version, but...I'm old-fashioned and I prefer the original version. So sue me. xD

Something Witcher 3, because my mind can think of nothing else at the moment:

pkmin3033

7/10. It's...calming. Not what I'd call memorable, but if that popped up in a relax playlist I wouldn't skip it. xD

pkmin3033

5/10. That track has always been a little too...chaotic, for my tastes? Comparatively it's not quite as catchy as other boss tracks in FFX either. It's not ear-breakingly offensive, but I feel like it'd be better without the background almost drowning out everything else.

Speaking of FF...opinion on the new FFVII battle theme, anyone?

pkmin3033

9/10. I adore Corpse Party and even though that's not a particularly standout track I remember places where it plays and it works VERY well at conveying a sense of atmosphere.

Years
    8/10

I liked that way more than I thought I would. I was starting to get a bit bored by the end but overall it's a fantastic VGM track.

pkmin3033

6/10. It's...alright! Makes me think of a medieval town more than it does something Aztec for some reason, ahaha.

Time for something retro:

pkmin3033

7/10, but only because I also listened to the original version and that one is much better. xD

Are we dabbling in fan remixes now? Works for me!

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
    Years
    8/10 The first few seconds hooked me...I felt there was a mystical vibe to it. I don't generally like listening to EDM and Techno music (save Unova), but this one's actually nice!

This one's from a series I love a lot! This is the battle theme of an antagonist. This is from the GBA days, enjoy:
    Spoiler:

pkmin3033

9/10. I'm going to give it a score based on nostalgia rather than the rage that Saturos caused me the first time I fought him, haha. Plus I really like Golden Sun's soundtrack - it had its own unique sound, and even if it's aged a little now, it's still good.

Something from Etrian Odyssey next, a series that doesn't seem to attract any attention outside of its fandom:

Back