• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate the video game music above you! (Version 20XX)

pkmin3033

6/10. It's OK. One of those tracks that fits the area it plays well enough but isn't really worth listening to separately. Comfortably average.

Vragon2.0

Say it with me (Vray-gun)
    Years
    8/10. Would be higher, but the intro didn't really seem to flow well with the rest of the track, which happily made up for it. Not that the intro was bad, just the transition felt too abrupt for this specific track.

Very, Vehement Rage.

pkmin3033

6/10. I'm not overly fond of children humming, and it kinda ruins the creepy vibe the track has going for it, at least for me. I like how it builds up though!

Vragon2.0

Years
    8.2/10, I really like the flow of this one. The rapid pacing that seems to thump like a heart on adrenaline also really helps to invest me into the track. It's probably only in the 8's since it doesn't have much more outside of being a good piece. I'm sure if I played the game though, it would be higher.

Now if only I could read the time.

Years
    7/10, it's pretty good overall though it is repetitive (which is expected of any battle theme I find anyways). I like the piccolo (I'm assuming) solo in the background which makes the piece feel unique since I haven't heard anything like this before

Vragon2.0

Years
    8.3/10, ah yes, I remember the big whiplash I felt just stumbling upon this level. The music really sets the atmosphere for this area and honestly fits extremely well for the setting and perhaps even the grandious effects that the above levels have compared to ... well you know. While not my favorite track from Skyward Sword, it's definitely nothing to sneeze at.

Hmm...what can I say that'd be a good reference and not spoil something? Hmm..."bunny ride"?

pkmin3033

6/10. It's alright. Probably sounds better in game than out of it. Maybe I'm just disenchanted because this is the kind of thing I have on every morning when I work and I don't think of it as music as much as I do background noise. xD

Vragon2.0

Years
    8/10, A nice bit sounding track. I can definitely see it fitting a castle as background ost. Makes me wonder what goes on in there or how big the castle is explorative wise.

Burroughs, play Shin Megami Tensei IV's main theme on surround sound.
    Rate the video game music above you! (Version 20XX)

Last edited:
    Years
    8/10
    Feels like music from the Matrix movies in places haha. Sure it suitably dramatic and intense though, especially that opening segment.

pkmin3033

5/10. Ehhhhh...I have to give it points for being atypically sinister of Pokemon, but it's just not very interesting to listen to. I guess it gets an A for Effort and an E for everything else?

I'm uninspired today, so here's something from Final Fantasy!

Vragon2.0

Years
    6/10. Probably fits better in-game, but other than that, it's kinda outdone by other choir-esque pieces from other games like Bayonetta, Xenoblade, Nier, Soulsborne, and some indie titles.

Such a pretty place. Now if only everything wasn't strong enough to kill you.

pkmin3033

11/10 this is easily the best theme I've heard in a video game outside of the NieR soundtrack. Xenoblade's OST, like everything else, can't hold a candle to NieR's, but there are one or two tracks that surpass it, and that is definitely one of them. Shame the remixed version was so mediocre, but then I suppose you can't really improve upon perfection...

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2020
    I've never played the video game, but Skyrim has a pretty atmospheric soundtrack. I also like Ori and the will of the wisps and some Zelda music. What do you all think?

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    11/10 this is easily the best theme I've heard in a video game outside of the NieR soundtrack. Xenoblade's OST, like everything else, can't hold a candle to NieR's, but there are one or two tracks that surpass it, and that is definitely one of them. Shame the remixed version was so mediocre, but then I suppose you can't really improve upon perfection...

9/10 I love how it starts with just the piano, builds up to those dramatic instrumentals, then descends. For some reason I'm getting a Tales vibe from it, same composer?

And since Halloween is coming up:

Years
    8/10
    I really need to actually play the Witcher games. They sound fun and the music is always excellent.

I'll use Halloween as an excuse to post another Corpse Party track heh

Back