• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate the video game music above you! (Version 20XX)

Years
    7/10

The first 10 seconds ago kind of gated on my ears but everything after that had this really cool dramatic and emotional feel.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    9/10. I really like it. There's a lot of viiibes, but it's setting the right mood for what's to be expected.

pkmin3033

7/10. Has an ethereal quality to it that I like, although I was kinda hoping it'd go somewhere after the first minute or so!

It's been a while, so let's have something from Dark Souls:

pkmin3033

8/10. Sounds like a Witcher 3 battle theme, which is...somewhat appropriate. I really need to play this game before my Game Pass expires. Maybe for next month's Game Along...

Years
    5/10 tbh I found it repetitive and quite generic I guess? (not really sure how to describe it). Though in hindsight, for BGM based on a shop it is quite fitting.

(the theme repeats itself fully once fyi)

Last edited:

[C]

The Fifth Pillar
    Years
    This is one of those tracks with lots of (good) buildup to it, I remember when it played in-game. I'm optimistic for Ragnarok. 8/10

Spoilers: I'm going to be another individual that will post a lot of Falcom stuff, haha.

Last edited:

pkmin3033

8/10...sounds like something out of Ys VIII. Which is unsurprising because same composer, but I like the calmer feel it has to it as opposed to the more metal tracks from the Trails series.

Now it's time for something from a game that many people don't know existed...and for those of us that do, we wish it didn't.

Vragon2.0

Say it with me (Vray-gun)
    Years
    I'm not sure where in this is the track you are using so I'm going to just assume it's the first one.

4/10, Could have been something more, but it was very short. Other than that, it also didn't really feel like a very strong track, though that could be coupled in me not knowing where it plays outside a minor introduction.

[C]

The Fifth Pillar
    Years
    Pretty good stuff, I have no particular preference between this and the PSP version. I should revisit the Persona remake and play the other route at some point. 7.5/10.

pkmin3033

7/10. It's nice, but it's not on the same level as Automata's soundtrack, and not even remotely close to the original NieR's. It's a good remix, but I've heard better fan remixes.

[C]

The Fifth Pillar
    Years
    Very good, has a nice retro feel to it. Could go a little less crazy with in certain parts, personal taste. =) 8/10

Vragon2.0

Say it with me (Vray-gun)
    Years
    Sounds like the final battle. Really like the amping up at the 38 second mark. Also, really like that transition to the lighter break part at around 2:34.
    And the choir topping off near the end was very well put. 8.7/10, a nice listen that I'm sure would rank higher if I played the game or knew the context of the scene/fight.

pkmin3033

6/10. It's alright. Has a certain dramatic flair to it but it never really goes anywhere, it just gets louder.

Back