• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Rayquaza/Groudon/Kyogre

Out of these, who's the best?

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    Rayquaza is way better the Groudon and Kyogre.
    It was the one who stopped the 2 fighting.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    Kyogre with an Ice type move and a water type move would obviously be able to beat both of them. Though I think (I'm not that good when it comes to moves xD) Rayquaza has a better move pool? :\ And Groudon isn't really special IMO. xD

So, Kyogre it is for me. :P

Years
    I'm going to go with Rayquaza. I've always greatly preferred him over the other two. Groudon is just plain ugly in my opinion, and I was sick of water Pokemon by the time I got Kyogre in Sapphire, so I never really liked him.

NatureKeeper

Rayquaza. He is Generation III's Articuno, Suicune and Giratina.

StormRuler

Kung foo fighter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2011
    I'd say Rayquaza because it's like the Giratina of Dialga and Palkia and
    the Mewtwo of the Legendary birds.

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
    Although Rayquaza may have superior base stats, the 4x weakness to ice is painful. D: I like Kyogre the best. :3

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
    Kyogre. Because Drizzle = uber ability.

I don't like Groudon because a Surf from a Kyogre in SUNLIGHT nearly takes it down. And a Water Spout from a completely healthy Kyogre DOES take it down in sunlight most of the time.

Rayquaza.. what can I say? A level 100 Rayquaza would probably get pwned by a Lv.75 Wailord with Ice Beam.. unless it packed Thunder.

Also, the rain animation in RSE is much better than the sun one. I mean.. a ray of light that doesen't even look like one? Jeez.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Groudon. I love that pokemon for some reason. i still think it should have been a dual type fire/Ground though but I guess we had that in that generation huh?

Pikachukid

Conquest needs a sequel
    Years
    I got Sapphire first but I think Groudon is way cooler than Kyogre. Rayquaza is cool to but I think Groudon looks cooler. Groudon FTW!

Back