• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

REAL Punk

Status
Not open for further replies.

marillmonster2000

PC's True Blue Marill
    Years
    Grr... Stupid Little Pop Bands Are Not Punk, They Just Try To Look And Dress Like It. Here Are Some Examplese Of NOT Punk.

1.Blink 182
    2.Green Day
    3.Good Charolote
    4.Avril Lavigne

Here Are Some REAL Punk Bands:

1.Sex Pistols
    2.Misfits
    3.Motorhead
    4.My Dad Is DEAD

Just Cuz You Have Spikey Hair And Leather Jackets Doesn't Mean You're Punk

Eliana

The |R a m p a g e|
    Years
    deathbyalice said:
    Green Day is not a real punk band either.
    *Cough* excuse me, I have to stand up and say something....
    You can say SP isnt a punk band, but please....
    Green Day IS a Punk Band. I dont care if they have changed over the past 4 years.
    THEY ARE PUNK AND THEY ARE PUNK.
    *walks off*

deathbyalice

Linden
    Years
    marillmonster2000 said:
    Grr... Stupid Little Pop Bands Are Not Punk, They Just Try To Look And Dress Like It. Here Are Some Examplese Of NOT Punk.

1.Blink 182
    2.Green Day
    3.Good Charolote
    4.Avril Lavigne

Here Are Some REAL Punk Bands:

1.Sex Pistols
    2.Misfits
    3.Motorhead
    4.My Dad Is DEAD

Just Cuz You Have Spikey Hair And Leather Jackets Doesn't Mean You're Punk

ooooo Moterhead...I like them...

deathbyalice said:
    lol, don't worry, I'm not a fan either, just angry that people have been listing Good Charlotte and Avril Lavigne as punk...

If you're not a fan, why do you worry about things you can't control? For example, what band is punk, and what band isn't. They are all bands and they are all good at what they do. I understand that there is the original punk, which you seem to refer to as real punk, and there is the punk that we have today, which probably isn't the exact same thing, but it's all punk.

~Sawrah~:)

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    I agree that Good Charlotte and Avril Lavigne are not punk. Good Charlotte is like post post punk non emo music thingy...and AVril Lavigne is like a Canadian punk wannbe...Green Day is punk now...*kills subject*

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    jasonresno said:
    See? They even cited Green Day as a punk band, and wasn't Sweet Children (greendays first name) formed in the 80's?

Heh, please guys support your sluggish statements with facts. :)

It's funny that you say our statements are sluggish, yet you accuse us of picking on you and trying to prove you wrong.

What makes Sephalic Carnage different from Green Day?

Hmmm... if i could post the lyrics i would, but those are indeed different and the topic of the music sung is about political stuff or gruesome horror punk stuff like the old misfits. Also, the guitars are very very sluggish and really low/soft recording, like it were in a garage, also the drum beat is at a heavy tempo, and in sephalic carnage they usally have a type of screaming, not like in Metalcore or sub-genres of Metal, but more obnoxious. Also, the way they dress and their lifestyle, which is like... living in a train and being a bum.

That's the difference between Spehalic Carnage and Green Day.

Oh yeah, Green Day tends to sing songs about love, relationships, pain from love, stuff like that. Sephalic Carnage makes fun of that type of music for it's about just ripping people's heads off or, and i quote, "Pissing on your governer and cutting his head off."

I don't like it either.

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
    "It's funny that you say our statements are sluggish, yet you accuse us of picking on you and trying to prove you wrong.

Hmmm... if i could post the lyrics i would, but those are indeed different and the topic of the music sung is about political stuff or gruesome horror punk stuff like the old misfits. Also, the guitars are very very sluggish and really low/soft recording, like it were in a garage, also the drum beat is at a heavy tempo, and in sephalic carnage they usally have a type of screaming, not like in Metalcore or sub-genres of Metal, but more obnoxious. Also, the way they dress and their lifestyle, which is like... living in a train and being a bum.

Oh yeah, Green Day tends to sing songs about love, relationships, pain from love, stuff like that. Sephalic Carnage makes fun of that type of music for it's about just ripping people's heads off or, and i quote, "Pissing on your governer and cutting his head off."

I don't like it either."

I love how you generalize your statements.

So they are punk because:
    "they dress the way their lifestyle submits"
    and their lifestyle is living on a train and being a bum?

Bud we've got names for those alread: degenerates.

"type of screaming: more obnoxious"
    these aren't good qualities in ANY band ANYWHERE.

"Also, the guitars are very very sluggish and really low/soft recording, like it were in a garage"
    Oh I see, they use cruddy equipment..that makes them punk?

"It's funny that you say our statements are sluggish, yet you accuse us of picking on you and trying to prove you wrong."
    It is true, basically you say Green Day isn't punk, cuz you say so. That doesn't quite cut it bud.

This is like being mad at a puppy. If it tears up your homework, you want to be mad at it..but it is a puppy..and doesn't know better. So I'm not going to be mad at you, just slap you on the nose. You try to hide your lack of knowledge, by sounding like you know what you are talking about. Sorry, it don't work that way.

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    jasonresno said:
    "It's funny that you say our statements are sluggish, yet you accuse us of picking on you and trying to prove you wrong.

I don't like it either."

I love how you generalize your statements.

So they are punk because:
    "they dress the way their lifestyle submits"
    and their lifestyle is living on a train and being a bum?

Bud we've got names for those alread: degenerates.

"type of screaming: more obnoxious"
    these aren't good qualities in ANY band ANYWHERE.

"Also, the guitars are very very sluggish and really low/soft recording, like it were in a garage"
    Oh I see, they use cruddy equipment..that makes them punk?

"It's funny that you say our statements are sluggish, yet you accuse us of picking on you and trying to prove you wrong."
    It is true, basically you say Green Day isn't punk, cuz you say so. That doesn't quite cut it bud.

This is like being mad at a puppy. If it tears up your homework, you want to be mad at it..but it is a puppy..and doesn't know better. So I'm not going to be mad at you, just slap you on the nose. You try to hide your lack of knowledge, by sounding like you know what you are talking about. Sorry, it don't work that way.

Quite pompous, aren't you?

Their style of playing is sluggish, meaning it's like a 15 year old just started playing guitar. Basic power chords, usually standard tuning e scales on bass, fast tempo on drums. That has nothing to do with their equipment--you assumed i said that.

Yes, their lifestyle does have minor influence in the music they play. How could a guy who makes over 200,000 a year whine and scream about how he's so poor? Wouldn't be logical or follow the punk scene and he'd be virtually abolished.

Obnoxious screams aren't good qualities anywhere? K... don't know where you're going with that one, mate.

But since you seem to be getting extremley emotionally hurt about this, i'm not going to argue with you. If it makes you happy then Green Day is punk according to your standards. After all truth is in the eye of the beholder.

Eliana

The |R a m p a g e|
    Years
    *sigh* Why must Music be so debatful?

Sadly, no we will not reach an agreement. It's like having peace between democrats and republicans~ It wont happen...=/
    As I said before, I 100% believe Green Day is Punk...EVERYONE I've heard in the news says that, heck even my parents say they are. Even the kids that hate them at school say so...but then of course are those who disagree~

Luvdisc_old

vs Cleffa
    Years
    jasonresno said:
    truth has been reached, this thread can be closed :)

Wow! What an agreeable statement Geno and Jason have come upon. Way to extract little bits and peices. ;) [/sarcasm]

Last edited:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Well, technically, only deathbyalice can request the thread to be closed, since she started it and all... But anyways, I still think Green Day is soft rock/alternative, but since I'm in the minority, I won't bother to explain it since many people'll disagree with it anyways -_-

marillmonster2000

PC's True Blue Marill
    Years
    Greenday Is A Pop Band. There's Nothing More Too It. Don't Get Me Wrong, I Kinda Like Greenday, I Can Even Play One Of Their Songs On A Guitar. It's Just That It Pisses Me Off When People Say Their Punk. They Are POP, Nothing More.

Brittany

Back?
    Years
    deathbyalice said:
    Green Day is not a real punk band either.
    Yes they are... they might not be your personal 'ultimate manifestation' of Punk, but they are.

Things like Good Charolette, Sum41(well, they had a few), and Simple Plan are labeled Pop-Punk, only because music-wise, they share attributes from the punk genre. Lyrically, it's just Pop music.

Bands like Thursday, Taking Back Sunday, Story of the Year, and others like that are Emo. Emo started out as punk purely, music-wise(a different message lyrically though), later became 'melodic punk', then became what we know of today as emo.

Then of course, emo spawned Sceamo and Emocore...

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
    marillmonster2000 said:
    Greenday Is A Pop Band. There's Nothing More Too It. Don't Get Me Wrong, I Kinda Like Greenday, I Can Even Play One Of Their Songs On A Guitar. It's Just That It Pisses Me Off When People Say Their Punk. They Are POP, Nothing More.
    You are wrong, nothing to it.

deathbyalice

Linden
    Years
    Mr Cat Dog said:
    Well, technically, only deathbyalice can request the thread to be closed, since she started it and all... But anyways, I still think Green Day is soft rock/alternative, but since I'm in the minority, I won't bother to explain it since many people'll disagree with it anyways -_-
    I consider them alternative...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back