• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Recent Happenings on Fire Red and Leaf Green

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    i haven't had much to do on Leaf Green after beating the elite four the second time, so i've been breeding pokemon for D/P. i forgot magmar had a pre-evo XD

Sharpedge

Name Rater
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 6, 2007
    The Nidoqueen I've been training has just reached Lv:100, now it's time to train Gengar. ^^

羨望

のトレーナー
    Years
    Well i,m still in the sevil islands doing a favor for bill.
    Team
    Picachu
    Charizard
    Articuno
    Slowbro
    Snorflax
    Lapras

Ren-Kun

Gaspar

No Hacks
    Years
    I am currently trying a little experiment, just before the 8th badge but trying to use just 3 pokemon to finish the rest of the game. I am sure its been done before but just thought it would make the game interesting.

Charizard -
    -Flamethrower
    Earthquake
    -Brick Break
    Dragon Claw

Butterfree -
    -Aerial Ace
    -Psychic
    -Toxic
    -Rest

Lapras -
    -Ice Beam
    -Surf
    -Thunderbolt
    -Body Slam

eureKa^

Veteran
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 9, 2022
    im currently trying to hatch a modest staryu (after getting a modest abra ^_^) after that i need a modest ghastly, and admant, larvitar, beldum and bagon..

ill be playing ages :(

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2006
    i just got it but i have already beaten 3 gym leaders and as an experiment im only gonna win with my first 6 pokemon

Ninetales1

Japan-flavoured Europhile
    Years
    Just recently, I was training my Hitmonchan, which has a Lax Nature and knows all the elemental punches plus Sky Uppercut. (I'm keeping the elemental punches for breeding purposes later on.) So Special Attack is his worst stat...

But, just recently, I trained Hitmonchan (who was level 40-something at the time) in Pokemon Tower. At one level-up in there, he got a Special Attack boost of 5!! Five?!? And that was a low Special-Attack Pokemon, no favourable nature, no Macho Brace, and no Calcium! Must have been all those Gastlies and Haunters that did it...

Fushigidane

The Poke-holic
    Years
    I reset FireRed under the name Red last weekend and have just won the Cascade Badge this morning. I've defeated Green, my rival, and cleared the Nugget Bridge and got the SS Ticket, also. On the way, I managed to capture an Abra. I put it to sleep with Tropy's Sleep Powder and Tackled it to half health. It took two tries. The first Abra was too quick and Teleported immediately and the second went the way I just described. Aeris evolved in my battle against the Goldeen trainer before Misty and Psy evolved on the way to Bill's house.

Misty is probably my favorite gym leader. At this point in the game, she's pretty difficult for me mainly because her Pokemon are about 3-5 levels higher than mine. This morning's match has been my favorite against her. I managed to defeat Staryu pretty easily with Morphos. I poisoned it with Poisonpowder and got it confused with Confusion after Misty just cured it with Super Potion. Then, it was just a matter of a few more Confusions. Then Starmie came along and wiped out Tropy, Aeris, and Sonic. But it was Psy to the rescue to win the match and my second badge.

Progress
    Time: 6:10
    Pokedex: 13
    Badges: 2

Pokemon

On Team

Shroom (Paras) (Training)
    Level: 14
    Nature: Docile
    Ability: Effect Spore
    Attacks: Scratch, Stun Spore, Poisonpowder

Psy (Kadabra)
    Level: 16
    Nature: Quiet
    Ability: Inner Focus
    Attacks: Teleport, Confusion

Tropy (Bulbasaur)
    Level: 19
    Nature: Bashful
    Ability: Overgrow
    Attacks: Tackle, Sleep Powder, Leech Seed, Vine Whip

Morphos (Butterfree)
    Level: 18
    Nature: Sassy
    Ability: Compoundeyes
    Attacks: Tackle, Stun Spore, Poisonpowder, Confusion

Aeris (Pidgeotto)
    Level: 18
    Nature: Quiet
    Ability: Keen Eye
    Attacks: Tackle, Sand-Attack, Gust, Quick Attack

Sonic (Zubat)
    Nature: Hardy
    Ability: Inner Focus
    Attacks: Leech Life, Astonish, Supersonic, Bite

In Box

Roq (Geodude)
    Nature: Rash
    Ability: Rock Head
    Attacks: Tackle, Defense Curl, Magnitude, Rock Throw

Strike (Nidorino)
    Nature: Sassy
    Ability: Poison Point
    Attacks: Leer, Peck, Focus Energy, Double Kick

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2006
    So I reset LeafGreen the other day, choosing Bulbasaur as my starter.

I am training for the Cascade badge, trying to get all of my Pokemon to Lv. 22 (._. I always, although unneccesary, have to have all my team Pokemon one level higher than the Gym Leader's strongest Pokemon).

The only pokemon on my team are~

Abra @ Twistedspoon (Currently training this Pokemon to Lv. 16, Trade for Alakazam, then to Lv. 22)
    Lv. 15
    Attacks:
    - Teleport
    - Thief (for training purposes, but will get rid of it later)

Pidgeotto
    Lv. 21
    Attacks:
    - Tackle
    - Gust
    - Whirlwind
    - Quick Attack

Sandrew
    Lv. 21
    Attacks:
    - Scratch
    - Defense Curl
    - Sand-Attack
    - Poison Sting

Ivysaur
    Lv. 21
    Attacks:
    - Vine Whip
    - Leech Seed
    - Sleep Powder
    - Poison Powder

So right now, I'm training Abra to Lv. 16, so it will evolve into Kadabra, then I'm going to evolve it into Alakazam by trading to FireRed (If I ever find it >.>)

Then, I'm going to take on Misty and head on down to Vermillion City.

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2006
    >.> daofjleakejcvne

I was letting my little sister play my game and when I wasn't looking, she saved a new game with the character "AAAAA"

So I've started over, and I've now got Bulbasaur, Pidgey, Rattata, Mankey, Caterpie, and Weedle all on Lv. 6. I'm working for a Spearow, then I'm going to get them to Lv. 7 (So that Caterpie and Weedle evolve).

ChrisG14

I'm back baby!
    Years
    I caught Unown and now I don't know what to do next. I might give GameShark a spin and get all my Pokemon to Lv. 100 and fill the Dex. Then I'll wail on "the Weak5 with Johto Pokemon!"...with Johto Pokemon.

Ninetales1

Japan-flavoured Europhile
    Years
    Just recently I finally finished it--getting all 60-something of my Pokemon in LG to between level 45 and 50! Now I have about 250 hours of playtime, and six badges--but that's about to change. The next thing I will do in this game is battle Blaine. Then I get to go to the Sevii Islands!!

**While I was leveling up my Tentacruel in Route 21, I encountered a shiny Tangela! I knew by Tentacruel's Bubblebeam would KO it, so I switched to Seadra. Then Seadra used Twister on the Tangela and KO'd it... Drat, those Tangela have low Special Defense!

Mudkip85

A.K.A ~KIPPER~
    Years
    I decided to start over on my Fire Red and have gradually been working on it. Im now on the Elite Four and have 70 pokemon. Im hoping after the Elite Four to complete the sevii islands and then work on completing my pokedex.

~Kipper~

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    I just started over my LeafGreen tonight, in an attempt to complete the game quickly so I can trade between my Emerald. I'm at Cerulean City right now...

So far my team is:

- Wartortle, Lv 20

- Pikachu, Lv 20

- Spearow, Lv 20

- Bellsprout, Lv 16

And I'm debating whether to pick up an Abra, or to go for a Dowzee. Alakazam has monster special attack, but horrible defence. Hypno has less special attack (still good, though) and darn good defence. In my opinion, I think Hypno is a better-rounded Psychic pokemon than Alakazam.

After that, I'm going for Vulpix/Ninetails. I hate fire pokemon with a passion, but on prevous games, Ninetails never let me down.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back