• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Recommended Television Series?

Years
  • So I have one episode of Friends left to watch, which leaves me without a television series. I've come here to ask because I didn't want Google to just randomly generate a tv show without calculating my interests. I figured that you guys (my peers) would be the best people to ask. Following, are my favourite tv shows. Maybe from these, you guys will be able to recommend a new one for me to start:

-Friends
    -One Tree Hill
    -Parenthood
    -NCIS
    -Family Guy
    -Breaking Bad
    -Smallville
    -LOST
    -The Walking Dead

Does anybody have any suggestions of television series' based off this list? It would be truly appreciated. Thankyou so much. (I don't really want to watch Game of Thrones. I'm reading the book.)

I've got a huge interest in history of all kinds at the moment as well. Maybe that will sprout some more ideas?

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • I like Seinfeld, makes me laugh with every episode :)

Also, I recently started watching House this summer and it's really great :D

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • Of the series on the list, I have watched both Smallville and NCIS. They are both very good. Smallville tells of the years of Clark Kent before he became Superman. If you are a fan of Superman, that series is a must watch. While NCIS is an American police procedural drama that revolves around a team of special agents conducting criminal investigations involving the U.S. Navy and Marine Corps. It is currently in its 11th season. It is a very good series. It also has a spin off, NCIS Los Angeles. There is also plans for a second spin off, NCIS New Orleans.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    You might like How I Met Your Mother, premise is similar to Friends.
    Community is also a good comedy.

I'd also recommend Dexter, if you like police procedural dramas; it's got an interesting twist to it as Dexter is both a member of the police department (blood spatter analyst) and a serial killer himself, but it's about crime-solving nonetheless.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Try Nip/Tuck. The last two seasons kind of eff up how good it should be, but I still love it and recommend it. One of the few shows that I found myself really invested in the characters. The show is about plastic surgeons and their effed up lives pretty much. Even though there is a lot of medical stuff in it it's not sappy or overly dramatic or just plain stupid like other medical shows.

If you're looking for humor try Arrested Development or Workaholics. Idk what your sense of humor is like so you'll want to check each one out a bit first. Workaholics leans towards stupid college/young adult humor which I usually find bad, but they do it well imo. Arrested Development is probably more up your alley. I haven't seen all of it, but what I have seen is hilarious.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I would definitely recommend Arrested Development, it's incredibly funny. Plus, it's technically ongoing as I think Netflix are either making another new series (5) or a film.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
  • Things like Friends would be like How I Met Your Mother and Seinfeld.
    I like this series called 24. It's basically 24 episodes and each episode represents an hour and how someone saved something in 24 hours.

Also, nothing really brings it up from your list, but Once Upon a Time is a great series. It puts a good spin on some of the old tales from our childhood and turns it into a great series.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Currently, I'm watching Da Vinci's Demons. Most of it is fictional, but also offers some historic elements here and there. Personally, I love it. If you are into this sort of thing, then so will you, haha. You guys should definitely try it. d:

Years
  • The X-Files is a great series. It addresses aliens, government conspiracies, vampires, etc. I was a bit skeptical at first. But it really is a great show.

Salamence62

you're gonna hear me rawr :3
    Years
  • red dwarf, community, big bang theory and oreimo. oriemo is an anime and it's only got twelve episodes but it's really interesting, despite how it's a bit dirty. cx

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Big Bang Theory, Breaking Bad, Vikings, Pawn Stars, Adventure Time, and Elfen Lied (if nudity and extreme blood doesn't bother you).

Majestic Electric

Raining on your parade!
    Years
  • Definitely recommend Long Island Medium. The things that the medium (a woman) says and knows about people is unbelievable! There have been so many times where I kept thinking, "How on Earth would she know that?" It's very entertaining, especially if you are into the paranormal. Easily my favorite reality TV series. ^^

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
    Years
  • You should check out Da Vinci's Demons, it's really good. It's mostly fictional, though, but it's really entertaining.
    Also check out The 100 if you were into Lost (the best series ever :p), it's quite like lost. And it's got Henry Ian Cusick, aka Desmond Hume! He still has his Scottish accent but the structure has sadly faded...

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2016
    I like Seinfeld, makes me laugh with every episode :)

Also, I recently started watching House this summer and it's really great :D

There will never be a better series than Seinfeld. Even the minor, supporting characters are perfect.
    Rules of Engagement is alright as well, David Spade is good, and Patrick Warburton has been cracking me up since Seinfeld.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • There will never be a better series than Seinfeld. Even the minor, supporting characters are perfect.
    Rules of Engagement is alright as well, David Spade is good, and Patrick Warburton has been cracking me up since Seinfeld.

I love every single character in Rules of Engagement. I'd say David Spade is my favorite of the bunch, and the sarcastic and macho talk of Patrick is the best haha.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Also check out The 100 if you were into Lost (the best series ever :p), it's quite like lost. And it's got Henry Ian Cusick, aka Desmond Hume! He still has his Scottish accent but the structure has sadly faded...

See you in another life, brotha? :D
    Just started season 5 of Lost, Desmond's probably one of my favorites at the moment.

Back