• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RED played with the SNES. Time to Go!

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • Every previous generation game had the player's room have the (current) generation console in it. In R/G/B/Y, you have a SNES. Oddly, though, in FR/LG it's replaced with a NES. LG/PE have a Switch in your room. In Gen II, there's a Nintendo 64 in your room. In HG/SS, it's a Wii, however. R/S/E it's a Game Cube w/a GBA as a controller, but OR/AS switched it to a Wii U. All of the Gen IV and V games have a Wii in the player's room. Gen 6 & S/M have a Wii U in the room, and finally, US/UM has a Switch.

Did you ever notice this Easter Egg in the older games? It IS in the most recent generation, but I'm not including SW/SH in this thread.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • In R/G/B/Y, you have a SNES. Oddly, though, in FR/LG it's replaced with a NES.

Actually it was an NES in the japanese R/G/B/Y game https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5ROWl62CUI so i dunno why the yankies changed it to an SNES, but wait up, maybe i'll check my japanese pokemon blue rom for info

Update

Yeah it's an NES alright, so i geuss the yankies fixed it in FR/LG

Did you ever notice this Easter Egg in the older games?

Yeah

But this is the best easter egg IMO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M49sKfDrXqE

Seriusly, i geuss we will never get an offical Pokemon & Dragon Ball crossover game, even with pokemon as nintendo exclusive DB titles, like FighterZ, BT2/3 etc.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I did! when just starting a new Pokémon game I tend to try interacting with everything in the house just to see, and of course the game system is one of those things. it's pretty neat! I stop trying to interact with everything early on so I tend to miss later easter eggs, but this is always one I find o/

Years
    • Seen today
    I usually check so I can see which home console nintendo was running at the time the game released.

Back