• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Red

Did you defeat Red?

• Yes

Votes: 87 84.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 15.5%

• Total voters

Haberdasher

suffers from nostalgia
    Years
    I haven't bothered level grinding to the point where I could defeat him yet. Might do so once I have my team of semi-competitive Pokemon trained and grinded to a reasonable level, rather than attempting it with my crappy in-game team.

CrazyJake265

The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2011
    I defeated him. Me and my friend had a competition to see who beat him first. I beat Red the day before he did (:

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
    Years
    He was a dissapointment. In the orginals, he was much harder, but this time I beat him with various lvl 60's, a few items, and an HM slave. The only problem for me was his charizard with flare blitz.

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
    I have yet to challenge him, but I voted yes because my Pokés are gonna kick his butt :) Though hopefully it wont come down to his Lapras V my lapras :L though my lapras knows Dragon Pulse so that might help xD

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2011
    Same here. My pokemon were in their low 70's when i beat him. No legendaries, either. It was:

Porygon-Z
    Swampert...

I forgot the other 4. Lol, this was a while back when i first played heartgold.

I was lv.55 for each of my Pokemon 0_0;

I had an:

Espeon
    Jolteon
    Typhlosion
    Lucario
    Togekiss
    And Furret.

When I beat him, I was actually really dissappointed XD

Del

Iт'ѕ rαιɴιɴɢ oυтѕιde [...]
    Years
    That mean you are too weaak dude :d!! hhh juste keep battling with a lot of revive, I mean a looooot of revive!!

Zhinc

a Dark-type trainer
    Years
    I beat him on both Heart Gold and Soul Silver. Heart Gold was the harder one; I was doing a Solo run-through with a Feraligatr, so I had to keep reviving him and the two HM slaves I had over and over. Pikachu and Venusaur were a pain that time around. =/ Soul Silver wasn't as bad because I had a team of 80's and 70's: Feraligatr, Lugia, Umbreon, Ho-oh, Mewtwo. Kinda cheating, but I just really wanted to get it over with so I could catch Groudon. ):

Kamitsure-chan

Massive Cynthia fangirl. :3
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 15, 2011
    I beat him. I can't remember exactly what team I used, but my level 56 Garchomp absolutely pulverized his Pikachu because she was faster. I hit it with...

Dig. I was like OMGWUT. XDD

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
    I kind of totally forgot that Red existed. I remembered I had to battle him after my pokemon were around Level 80. I beat him rather easily. The only pokemon that gave me trouble was his Snorlax

olih

Who says you can't go home?
    Years
    Other way 'round for me

i was able to defeat Red, it wasn't easy though since i had to level grind until my team was either at the same level as his or higher. though dispite being in a high level, his pikachu almost KO'd my first pokemon in 1 hit.
    That's weird, because for me, I used my 20 lvl lower Tyranitar and KO'd it in 1 hit with just Crunch. Maybe it's cause Tyranitars are try-hards...
    It was hard for me to beat Red the first time. I wasn't expecting his Pokemon to be so high in level and he completely crushed me. After that, I gave up because my Pokemon were so much lower in level than his. But then I used an AR lvl 100 Arceus someone traded me. I had just started Pokemon gaming then, so I jumped at the chance for an uber. I didn't know it was a cheat though. From now on I have sworn never to use cheats. The real winners don't.

dithyrambos

PHANTOM girl
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    I beat him last year. I can't even remember what team I used, but I think I struggled against him because I didn't grind enough.

I just wish he hadn't thrown himself off the mountain like that. :(

Back