• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Redesigned Hoenn

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Maybe incorporate Rock Climb or Dive? I remember that Dive wasnt really used in Victory Road.

Either way, I hope the cave will be more challenging to go through considering that the RSE one wasn't that hard.

"Wasn't really used"? It was actually never used in Victory Road period. Maybe they could add in different cave sections where we must go underwater to get to the next.
    Imo Hoenn had a difficult victory road, especially when compared to the Unova Victory Roads and Kalos'.

Years
    Imo Hoenn had a difficult victory road, especially when compared to the Unova Victory Roads and Kalos'.

I remember Hoenn had quite a hard Victory Road, alongside Sinnoh. The main issues was the massive requirement of HMs, and some strong trainers. I wonder if they'll retain that difficulty with these remakes, but I'm alright with whatever they go with.

Years
    I wouldn't mind a difficult Victory Road, since it can cater to the players who like a challenge. I was disappointed in how easy Kalos' was now that I'm done the game. RSE had the best story and amount of difficulty in my opinion, so with a twist I think it will be very successful. I'm going to play through my Ruby and see if anything stands out that might get an overhaul that would be a nice change. I'm liking everyone's speculations, though, very interesting.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
    Years
    Does anybody know if GameFreak might include the event islands like Navel Rock and Birth Island in the games prior to their old events' probably-upcominhg current-generation counterparts? I sure do know that I would like to see these places before having to come to them to get event Pokémon, so maybe these kinds of areas could be expanded upon so that us players could explore them before returning there for their event legendaries? And if Navel Rock and Birth Island are included in OR/AS prior to their use as event locations, could the Sevii Islands also return as well since the former are technically part of the latter? I would love to explore that archipelago's various locations in glorious stereoscopic 3D, especially Sevault Canyon, Tanoby Ruins, and Tanoby Key, which are all quite amazing even in FireRed and LeafGreen. Speaking of the Sevii Islands, does anybody know if there's a thread here on PokéCommunity where people have discussed why they weren't included in HeartGold and SoulSilver?

Years
    Does anybody know if GameFreak might include the event islands like Navel Rock and Birth Island in the games prior to their old events' probably-upcominhg current-generation counterparts? I sure do know that I would like to see these places before having to come to them to get event Pokémon, so maybe these kinds of areas could be expanded upon so that us players could explore them before returning there for their event legendaries? And if Navel Rock and Birth Island are included in OR/AS prior to their use as event locations, could the Sevii Islands also return as well since the former are technically part of the latter? I would love to explore that archipelago's various locations in glorious stereoscopic 3D, especially Sevault Canyon, Tanoby Ruins, and Tanoby Key, which are all quite amazing even in FireRed and LeafGreen. Speaking of the Sevii Islands, does anybody know if there's a thread here on PokéCommunity where people have discussed why they weren't included in HeartGold and SoulSilver?

One of the rocks islands on the update map seems to have a tall rock (or the island itself is tall, it's hard to tell which). Maybe that's Navel Rock. Or maybe it's Hoenn Counterpart.
    Or maybe they could replace the function of Navel rock and simply have the birds visit Rayquaza's Sky Pillar after having capture Rayquaza.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    Tbh, although I kinda liked how the Kalos Victory Road was like a real "road" that went a linear path, and how it incorporated the outside unlike in the first four regions, it became too easy tbh. Maybe the Hoenn Victory Road can incorporate outside elements too? Having a Dive aspect seems to be a good thing to have tbh.

Years
    Ooh I haven't seen that pic of Mt. Chimney before, it looks so good! :) That represents one of my favourite parts in the game so it feels great to get a teaser of what's to come :) I also like how it appears to be an overhead shot, as you get a beautiful view of the environment while the storyline's progressing :)

Years
    Ooh I haven't seen that pic of Mt. Chimney before, it looks so good! :) That represents one of my favourite parts in the game so it feels great to get a teaser of what's to come :) I also like how it appears to be an overhead shot, as you get a beautiful view of the environment while the storyline's progressing :)

Have you seen the new battle backgrounds yet? They're also beautiful, one even seems to be of Mt. Chimney.
    I hope they keep the Emerald layouts if they don't make completely new ones.

I was looking at some Kanto and Johto places in Bulbapedia, and noticed that their layout didn't change much in their remakes compared to the originals. So chances are Hoenn's locations will largely be the same as those in RSE.

Years
    Have you seen the new battle backgrounds yet? They're also beautiful, one even seems to be of Mt. Chimney.
    I hope they keep the Emerald layouts if they don't make completely new ones.

I was looking at some Kanto and Johto places in Bulbapedia, and noticed that their layout didn't change much in their remakes compared to the originals. So chances are Hoenn's locations will largely be the same as those in RSE.

Yes I have! :) My favourite one so far is the one where a Mudkip's battling on a beachy background, which I'm assuming is the bay of Slateport City :)

blue

gucci
    Years
    Notice how the Secret Base showcased in the ORAS trailer contains Blastoise, Charizard, Venusaur and Snorlax Pokédolls. Those four could only be obtained in Pokémon Emerald by exchanging 48 Battle Points at the Battle Frontier, obviously this doesn't confirm anything but unless they have gave a different way to obtain these then could this be a hint that the Battle Frontier could return?

Redesigned Hoenn

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    Hopefully the battle frontier will return.

It'll be sad to see it still on old 2D rendering when the rest of Hoenn has upgraded to modern graphics.

Years
    Hopefully the battle frontier will return.

It'll be sad to see it still on old 2D rendering when the rest of Hoenn has upgraded to modern graphics.

It wouldn't be only location though. Altering cave, Marine Cave, Terra cave, and the tents may not return either. Well the tents are semi confirmed to not reappear as the updated map shows the Contest Halls.
    Hopefully it will return for both game play and visual reasons.

I'll like to see the Safari in 3D, wonder if they'll make it even bigger.

Years
    Well the tents are semi confirmed to not reappear as the updated map shows the Contest Halls.
    Hopefully it will return for both game play and visual reasons.

I don't know if this has been pointed out somewhere else, but on the official page it says that "Cosplay Pikachu can have its costumes changed anytime in the green room at any Contest Hall", so that at least means there will be multiple Contest Halls in these games.

If the Battle Tents return, they may all be combined and placed in a single city like the Contest Halls were in Emerald, and the Contest Halls may return to their original places.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    Technically the battle tents are already merged into one place lol. I found them quite pointless tbh, it was nice to get a taste of the Battle Frontier but they should have just made us wait until we got to the real thing.

and yeah about the Kanto dolls thing, a lot of people have considered that it could be a hint to the BF returning.

I see no problem as to why the BF couldn't return tbh, HGSS had Crystal features so I don't see why ORAS can't have Emerald features.

Years
    Technically the battle tents are already merged into one place lol. I found them quite pointless tbh, it was nice to get a taste of the Battle Frontier but they should have just made us wait until we got to the real thing.

and yeah about the Kanto dolls thing, a lot of people have considered that it could be a hint to the BF returning.

I see no problem as to why the BF couldn't return tbh, HGSS had Crystal features so I don't see why ORAS can't have Emerald features.

Unless they are really planning to remake Emerald then ORAS should have Emerald's features.

Years
    Why not have some Emerald features in ORAS (namely the Battle Frontier because I don't want to wait for an Emerald remake or not have it altogether) and still have an Emerald remake? :D

Seriously, though, unless there's a suitable replacement for the Battle Frontier in ORAS (in my opinion, it'd have to be really good, as Emerald's Battle Frontier is by far my all-time favorite battle facility), it would seem strange to not include it in ORAS. Even PtHGSS's Battle Frontier could work, though I'd prefer that stayed in Sinnoh/Johto.

Back