• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Region speculation/what will the region be based on?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 9, 2016
Plus about the cars thing if you look at them one of them looks just like the truck from RBGY. Also th character resembles Red

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 8, 2017
My thoughts on new region: A tropical Pokemon region

-backpacker from Kalos region
He talks of being from a new region, one that isnt any of the already known regions, when spoken to a certain number of times he gives you a "strange souvenir" which looks like a tiki. Now, tikis are generally found in maori (new zealand) and hawiian mythology.

-images of gen 7 region
during nintendo direct announcement, there were images shown of the new region including one depicting a tropical like area (palm trees can be seen).

-Together
The fact that the souvenir is a tiki suggests that it would be from a tropical like area, such as hawaii or parts of new zealand, and the tropical like area shown in the pictures of gen 7 announcement could suggest that it is linked therefore to the tiki. I would guess that gen 7 region is where the backpacker is from and that the strange souvenir could possibly be useful to obtaining some kind of legendary in that region or maybe its just a hint.

Other things to mention would be that in both maori and hawiian traditions, there are myths and legends regarding the sun and the moon. With this being the names of the gen 7 games could this be another link? Perhaps the story could be loosely based on these myths?

Another theory I have is that the new games take place in kalos still, but contain new areas including the tropical area. The reasoning behind this is due to all of the unresolved mysteries in the kalos region, why would they not answer these? Furthermore, there is very little post-game in gen 6, so maybe sun and moon will rectify this by offering new areas to explore. The final clue to this also regards the palm tree, tropical like area, in that we know Kalos was based upon france so, what if the tropical island is based on one of the french owned islands in the Caribbean? Wouldnt be too far a stretch would it?

Anyway, let me know what you think, my ideas or theories could be completely wrong and probably are, but I just thought it would be worth sharing and seeing what people think.

Years
So far, it seems that people are mostly expecting it to be in an Asian or at least tropical location, where the 'sun' aspect at least would be fairly pronounced. However, it might be useful if this location were somehow associated with a desert, or somewhere where both aspects are more pronounced, as this would then create an interesting sense of directionality. It seems like the Sun aspect is also the one which has previously been most stressed, with not only Solrock and sun-themed attacks, but also a plot based around such things to some extent with Groudon, so that it might be complex for them to come up with something entirely new in that direction. Nonetheless, the locations presently specified seem more focussed around the 'sun' side of things than stressing the other one as well, or the moon aspect is left variable, and they may want to address that at some point. I guess they could just have your 'rival' from G/S/C turn up and defeat everybody as the post-game.

Years
Well, we never got Orange Islands so South Kalos isn't too plausible. Honestly, I say that it will have to be in a new continent *exclude Asia, Pokémon's birthplace* Now I said this before but one city and palm trees prove nothing. What about the Greek Sootopolis city? Anyways, if this was gen 6.5 then GF would have called it half of an era or something like that. So the region with new Pokémon won't have the word Kalos. If anything, my guess is that South Kalos is some type of Sevii island situation. And yes, Zygarde cell can be found throughout Kalos but on GS, Houndoom & Slugma could only be found in Kanto. I point being, the region itself isn't part of Kalos.

Years
I guess the region could have a warm climate to represent the "sun", while having a lot of bodies of water that would represent "moon" since the moon controls the tides of the ocean, which as we know is literally water.

Years
I think that it will be a Kanto remake because you can transfer pokemon from RBGY.
Just to make it easier to catch them all. If it was a remake, then there would be no new Pokémon or a new region and the titles would have Red and Blue. And yes, that one trainer looks like Red but it seems a bit more feminine and it could be a placeholder. And besides, Serena = Dawn

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
If you look at one of the truck drawings the driver is on the left side (as is done in most of Europe and in America) and a quick glance at Wikipedia says that in Singapore, Australia, UK, Japan, etc. the driver would be on the right.

Of course, it's production art and it's easy enough to mirror the design, but one wonders why a Japanese art team would draw it that way in the first place since it's not what they'd be used to.
Interesting note! It could be temporarily. What I'd like to know more, is why the driver looks like a ditto...

How long it will take for us to get more information about the game ? Such as , New version mascot and starter.
There obviously going to be pokemon who are connected to Sun and moon.
Also , Too many screenshot have shown Car so I'm wondering if the player get a car to travel around the region.
Some except the new version mascot to be like this --
Spoiler:

My guess
The New game's concept is based on Astrology and Magic So We might be new pokemon who are connected to magic and Astrology.
Corocoro will probably do monthly news for this game. I also think driving is possible, and those legends are pretty cool.

And the region could actually be based on multiple tropical places, with it mainly being Hawaii focused.

And I doubt these are a kanto remake, if anything the fact that you can transfer pokebank mons to the game, leads me to believe that Kanto pokemon will almost not exist in this region.

Also that could be what they mean by it all comes together.
You can trade your mons from the very first game to the newest entry.

And the player doesn't seem to have a set look. In one shot he looks like Red, but in the one where they show several indoor rooms, the trainer is blond and in all black. So customization seems to be back.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
Well here is more evidence for Hawaii:

Spoiler:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/792673-pokemon-omega-ruby/71534132

I'm still convinced it's Hawaii.

Years
Well here is more evidence for Hawaii:

Spoiler:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/792673-pokemon-omega-ruby/71534132

I'm still convinced it's Hawaii.
Its won't be Kalos anything. That's for sure. But otherwise, good evidence. But we don't need another U.S rep. I live there and its weary

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
Right now I'm leaning towards either Hawaii or Spain. Hawaii seems like it has the most evidence going for it, but Spain is the one I'd most like to see it set in because that'd mean the chances of a Kalos post-game/tie-in are strong. It's seeming most like Hawaii to me right now though.

I speculate that they're going to return to their roots, actually.
I know that most people say that the region's going to be based in Spain or that of the sort, but with Pokémon being blown out of the water by other franchises like Youkai Watch, they may try this one in Japan to appeal to their own audience.

I'm not sure it'll be based in Japan again. From the palm trees in the concept art, it looks like it'll be set in a tropic area, and the only tropical area of Japan is Kyushu, which Hoenn is already based on. Maybe it's set in another part of Kyushu? Doesn't seem likely though (unless they were setting up for some Hoenn/ORAS tie-in, which I certainly wouldn't mind!)

Snoopyfish

10% Dog - 90% Fish
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 9, 2016
I'm not sure it'll be based in Japan again. From the palm trees in the concept art, it looks like it'll be set in a tropic area, and the only tropical area of Japan is Kyushu, which Hoenn is already based on. Maybe it's set in another part of Kyushu? Doesn't seem likely though (unless they were setting up for some Hoenn/ORAS tie-in, which I certainly wouldn't mind!)

I may have to correct myself there.. Aha..
I'm going to be joining the masses that believes that it'll be based in Hawaii.

I'd actually look forward to something like that! I've got plans to go to Hawaii in the future, so I'd be able to see the culture and landscape that inspired the new Gen 7 region!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I'm definitely leaning towards it being Hawaii (or at least taking heavy inspiration from it) now.

Probably the thing that (imo) makes it look most like Hawaii is the concept art of the truck. That licence plate totally looks like it has a rainbow on it (I can see a mix of both red and yellow on that licence plate)....and they have rainbows on the licence plates in Hawaii.

Everything else seems like it could be contested, but that licence plate looks like the strongest evidence pointing towards this being Hawaii. It doesn't hurt that we've seen also seen a palm tree and Hawaii has Sun and Moon mythology either.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
It would be funny if it's Hawaii, as last time we thought we were getting a Singapore based region it ended up being based on New York City instead!

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
Hopefully it's Hawaii, but I don't want too much water.

This is one of my biggest worries if the region were based on Hawaii.

Well, they could add diving and whirlpools but this just means more unnecessary HMs and more water imbalance.

MarioManH

top kek
Years

Well, they could add diving and whirlpools but this just means more unnecessary HMs and more water imbalance.
Haha I was mainly just joking. IGN made a review when ORAS came out about how it had "too much water" and how that reason was a contributing factor to the game having a pretty mediocre score. I wouldn't mind a game where it's primarily island based with maybe a huge island in the corner of the map or the center where there's a couple of towns/cities.

There is a problem with the region then being over flooded with water-types, unless they can find some work-around for that.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years

If they end up adding vehicles then I hope we get a boat to travel around, without the need for surf. Maybe surfing Pokémon can be turned into a mini game like surfing Pikachu in Yellow.
Or maybe a ship that'll automatically take us from place to place like in the Sevii islands.

Reactions: EC
Back