• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Region speculation/what will the region be based on?

Years
  • Honestly, I don't really mind loads of surfing all that much if they make it so the Pokemon of the region aren't super water-type heavy. I'd be super onboard for a Hawaii/tropical (island) themed region, especially if they executed it well (like Hoenn imo).

I just hope that the map is big, with lots to see. I felt like exploration was super lacking in XY; having more caves, unused routes/areas, little sidequests, etc would be a dream come true

Years
  • There wouldn't necessarily have to be a lot of water if they changed how the map worked. If we're assuming they are basing it on Hawaii there could be a shifting map, one that changes depending on what island you're on and travel among the islands could be done with boats or planes and not by surfing through water routes.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
  • Going by the image of the building, my speculation for the region are any of these countries and/or continents.

Hawaii (with all the speculation recently)

Singapore (That Raffles Hotel building and the bird speculation)

Somewhere in Europe (That building sure looks like it could be in Italy, Southern France, Spain or even Greece going from the architecture and the whole Kalos mystery)

Somewhere in America, like Los Angeles or Vegas (There are many hotels/buildings that look like that there)

Australia (The roof of that building looks like a typical Aussie tin roof, and the building does look like it could be somewhere in Melbourne, Sydney or Brisbane and New Zealand is tropical and similar to Hawaii, so that building could be on an island off the coast)

Last but not least, the U.K, though doubts are coming in fast, but Game Freak may throw us a curve ball.

Anyway, all signs are currently pointing to Hawaii.

If the region IS Australia, there are a lot of good sights and landmarks in Australia, I mean, who wouldn't want to explore The Old Melbourne Gaol in Pokémon? (Dragon Quest IX even paid homage to Ned Kelly).

Years
  • I was watching more Pokemon Sun & Moon analysis videos on YouTube, and one from pdwinnall attracted attention for me to discuss here. He mentions the concept art of the vehicles, and he mentioned that the yellow ambulance thing might be a reference to Hawaii's yellow ambulances, further hinting to Hawaii being the design basis of the new region.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I am conflicted. I always wanted a region based on an island chain, but at the same time I want to return to Kalos, and for that another western European based region is our best bet.

What if we get both? Start in Hawaii and take a victory tour in Kalos.

Or heck, even the other way around works. Start in Kalos and take a victory tour in Hawaii.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • The evidence for a Hawaiian Region is stacking up, maybe you guys are onto something! I'd be down with a Region based on Hawaii, but the idea of a Spain/France dual Region appeals more to me. 8)

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • I'd love another location based off of Europe. Of course, it'd be really cool if it was besides Kalos and you got to visit Kalos post-game, but really I just want a European location!

I wouldn't be too excited for Hawaii, personally. Just another tropical location. =/

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    An interesting idea might be to base a region on California. However, Unova represented a region based on America. So I would not say no to one based on London either.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    There wouldn't necessarily have to be a lot of water if they changed how the map worked. If we're assuming they are basing it on Hawaii there could be a shifting map, one that changes depending on what island you're on and travel among the islands could be done with boats or planes and not by surfing through water routes.

To add to this, rather then surf to the other islands, they could do what Hawaii does, helicopter rides or boat rides.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    I don't see much stuff about Hawaii, it could be any beach in the world.

Look at this picture of Nice beach that is in France.
    Spoiler:

Notice the palm trees too.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Did they say that beach was Hawaii? It could be a Japanese beach for all we know, and not even be a hint.

No, but they wouldn't make it that obvious. This could be a hint or not.

After all Masuda teased us about Sun and moon before they announced it, so this could be similar, and is a bit to convenient with all the speculation, but we will have to see.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • I could sea them using Hawaii's fire trucks just because they're different, but that doesn't mean its in Hawaii. In the hotel/gym concept art, there is a flag with a horsea in it. Now I did hear that Spain had a flag with a seahorse, but I can't find it. Now, there is a French flag with a seahourse, for the 'department' of Mayotte which is just north of Madagascar / near africa.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Doesn't Japan also have its own Rabbit Island as well? I don't know if it's the same shape or seen from a beach like Oahu's Rabbit Island.

Back