• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Region speculation/what will the region be based on?

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
The only evidence that's used to debunk the Hawaii theory is that the mystery bird Pokémon is not native to Hawaii, as it looks more like a woodpecker because of its talons.

Actually there is this( thought it was in the first post)

Spoiler:

It looks like the state bird just more cartoony, as you'd expect.

Zet

Years
I mentioned in another thread about merging with pokemon in a spin-off manga series, and today I've seen this going around.

I8OSUXh.jpg

Maybe there will be something like it or it's just speculation hitting the roof.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 23, 2016
I mentioned in another thread about merging with pokemon in a spin-off manga series, and today I've seen this going around.

I8OSUXh.jpg

Maybe there will be something like it or it's just speculation hitting the roof.

I hope they don't do it.. that would confirm no customization with trainers since it would be impossible to do trainer+pokemon merges if we have customizations.

Years
The evidence for Hawaii is looking pretty strong.

It would be a "safe" pick for the basis of a region since there are no wars or political battles that would make the choice awkward, and no one would be offended by the choice. Plus Hawaii is a pretty popular vacation destination with people from Japan and Hawaiian culture is at least a little bit known to lots of people even outside the US.

And Hawaii would let us have a snowy area for Ice-types, too. Mauna Loa is so tall it gets snow even though it's in the tropics.

Gimme a Pokemon based on Stitch now

Last edited:

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
Actually there is this( thought it was in the first post)

Spoiler:

It looks like the state bird just more cartoony, as you'd expect.

After seeing this, I'm definitely convinced that this region will be based on Hawaii. That new pokemon just looks too similar - pointy back, red head.

Reactions: Z25

GioHiTech

Its like ****ing christmas up in here
Years
Theory: Pokémon Sun & Moon's region will be based on Hawaii

Hey there!

So you may already have seen this on Verslify or pdwinall, but...

I think that S&M's region is based on Hawaii. Why? Well...

Strange souvenir. It resembles a tiki, right? Also, the guy said that he comes from a totally new region.
And if you look at one of the screenshots, the water-like building resembles a famous Hawaiian building situated in Honolulu. Also, there's a palm tree there.
One of the trucks also has a Hawaiian-like car sign on it, with the rainbow thing.

Thepowaofhax

Spectre
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 29, 2017
Actually, I'm pretty sure that building is based off the Raffle Hotel in Singapore, which would point it to being Singapora more than Hawaii. Both have tropical climates though.

Years
Hoenn had 1 town *Sootopolis* based on Greece while the rest of the region was based on Kyushu. Also..

Dusclops = Cyclops
Luvdisc = Cupid
Gorebyss = Merpeople
So this doesn't say alot.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
Years
The only evidence that's used to debunk the Hawaii theory is that the mystery bird Pokémon is not native to Hawaii, as it looks more like a woodpecker because of its talons.

And more evidence to debunk the Hawaii theory is the building, it looks similar to the Raffle's Hotel in Singapore.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
And more evidence to debunk the Hawaii theory is the building, it looks similar to the Raffle's Hotel in Singapore.

The hotel I posted is from Hawaii. Rast something.... I saw it on 4chan yesterday. Hawaii is quite likely.

Not to mention the hotel should not be taken as a sure sign. There are way to many Hotel's like that across tropical regions. It's a common trend now a days.

Years
I also saw this( and then researched on it) elsewhere:
Spoiler:

If you look at one of the truck drawings the driver is on the left side (as is done in most of Europe and in America) and a quick glance at Wikipedia says that in Singapore, Australia, UK, Japan, etc. the driver would be on the right.

Of course, it's production art and it's easy enough to mirror the design, but one wonders why a Japanese art team would draw it that way in the first place since it's not what they'd be used to.

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years

You do realise that the design of Raffles Hotel isn't unique in this world, right?

And I'll say this. Yes, it does look like the Raffles Hotel more than anything else, but it doesn't prove much at all. Almost every evidence is now pointing at the region being based on Hawaii.

Reactions: Z25
Years
You do realise that the design of Raffles Hotel isn't unique in this world, right?

And I'll say this. Yes, it does look like the Raffles Hotel more than anything else, but it doesn't prove much at all. Almost every evidence is now pointing at the region being based on Hawaii.
FYI, Hoenn has at least 3 Greek themed Pokémon and only 1 town based on Greece.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
Go look picture of South France next the water, you will see palm trees and other buildings similar to a tropical environment. Check Monaco and Nice.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
Years
The fact that there seems to be trucks implies, at least to me that there will be vast lands that can be explored, which totally give me an Australian vibe.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
I can see S&M being the Gold and Silver to X&Y's Red and Blue
...does that make sense?

Kalos a few years after the events of X&Y, with a neighboring region being the starting place and another 16 badge run...

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
How long it will take for us to get more information about the game ? Such as , New version mascot and starter.
There obviously going to be pokemon who are connected to Sun and moon.
Also , Too many screenshot have shown Car so I'm wondering if the player get a car to travel around the region.
Some except the new version mascot to be like this --
Spoiler:

My guess
The New game's concept is based on Astrology and Magic So We might be new pokemon who are connected to magic and Astrology.

Back