• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Region speculation/what will the region be based on?

Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2017
    I thought its a Platinum Remake Platinum was space and time space has the sun and the moon the character people say that looks like Red looks like the barret from platinum maybe its set after the destruction of Sinnoh

Cassandra

Transgender Queen
    Years
  • I've seen a lot of people speculating that the region will be based on Hawaii. The region seems to have a more tropical feel to it judging by what little we have been shown, and Hawaii being what most people think of when they hear the word "tropical", I can see why they would come to that assumption. Not to mention, the building in the concept art that was shown appears to be a hotel of sorts, giving it a tourist-y feel. It'd be nice if we had a region that was more tropical than RSE.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • I'm not sure what I'm even about to type. But I'm convinced the region will be in Spain, but the issue that is perplexing me is the rainbow, code-name, the license plate. So I decided to find out if Rainbow and Spain had ANYTHING to do with each other. The answer, not really. Except, the Rainbow gatherings, they are not exclusive to Spain, though the ones in Spain at-least (haven't checked others) take place during the new moon. They are about uniting people and purity. As for how this connects to XY and Norse mythology, I'm not even sure.

Years
    • PA
    • Seen Sep 5, 2016
    Pokemon Sun and Moon Location based on Puerto Rico

I need your opinion!

A lot of people are speculating that the location of Pokemon sun and moon will be based on the Hawaiian Islands, but I believe the games will be based on Puerto Rico and the Caribbean. A buddy of mine, being Puerto Rican, pointed out a resemblance that I would have never figured out because of our difference in culture. The logos for the games are very similar to the depiction of the sun and moon in Taino culture. When looking further into the Taino's and their homelands I was able to find some evidence to support my theory based on the Easter eggs Nintendo provided for the game. I've provided a link to my theory below. Let me know what you think!

Theory: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfIs8h-lkN0

Last edited:
    Years
  • I know most theories I've seen on YouTube are pointing towards Hawaii as the main influence to the new region, but I would like to see some Caribbean inspiration as well, especially after reading your theory there.

Years
    • PA
    • Seen Sep 5, 2016
    I know most theories I've seen on YouTube are pointing towards Hawaii as the main influence to the new region, but I would like to see some Caribbean inspiration as well, especially after reading your theory there.

Me too! the Caribbean has so many unique animals and rich culture Pokemon can easily use as inspiration for the games. Hopefully next weeks information can better support my theory.

Years
  • I like this theory and would make me even more hyped. I am puerto rican, but never been to Puerto Rico yet. Seems like it could be possible. Either way Hawaii or Caribbean is a nice change of setting and I welcome any of them.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Yo guys, I have possible more proof that it is indeed Hawaii. At least parts of it. I am thinking that it will be taking areas from every big island that is well known.

I bring this up because, if you finish the Hoenn Pokedex, Treecko, Mudkip, and Torchic have flowers. These flowers remind me of lais. Which again, goes to Hawaii.

Mudkip is wearing it on its head. Treecko seems to be making one, and Torchic is wearing it around its head. Not only that, but the flowers in which they are using, look exactly like the floweres they use in Hawaii. The colors used are Red and Yellow, this could stand for the Big Island Hawaii and Oahu, which is one of the smaller islands. These islands use red and yellow as their colors.

I don't think it will be islands though, unless it is split it to a few islands, each island centered around one tropical culture. I just don't see us having an Archipelago as a main region. I could see there being 3 large islands, each connected by a bridge or something. Each Island would be centered around 1 or 2 tropical cultures.

Sorry if any of the above has already been said by someone.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Yo guys, I have possible more proof that it is indeed Hawaii. At least parts of it. I am thinking that it will be taking areas from every big island that is well known.

I bring this up because, if you finish the Hoenn Pokedex, Treecko, Mudkip, and Torchic have flowers. These flowers remind me of lais. Which again, goes to Hawaii.

Mudkip is wearing it on its head. Treecko seems to be making one, and Torchic is wearing it around its head. Not only that, but the flowers in which they are using, look exactly like the floweres they use in Hawaii. The colors used are Red and Yellow, this could stand for the Big Island Hawaii and Oahu, which is one of the smaller islands. These islands use red and yellow as their colors.

I don't think it will be islands though, unless it is split it to a few islands, each island centered around one tropical culture. I just don't see us having an Archipelago as a main region. I could see there being 3 large islands, each connected by a bridge or something. Each Island would be centered around 1 or 2 tropical cultures.

Sorry if any of the above has already been said by someone.
    Hoenn was the closest single region to being a archipelago, as well as the Sevii islands. Technically the first four regions were all part of one, seeing how they were all based on Japan.

NightmareClown

NightmareClown
    Years
  • I don't know about anybody else but I want a machine to be created (sort of like amie) so you can literally talk to your pokemon.

Like, for instance, a pidove(?) is sad and you don't know why, BOOM, you can speak into the micro phone and ask that question and hopefully they will respond.

I think if the game has that feature that it would, as any pokefan would say, strengthen the bond between you and your pokemon. It would also help make the game more realistic to be able to talk to your Pokemon.

Heart Gold and Soul Silver were close to that, by when you turn around and click your Pokemon that is following you, an icon would pop up above its head. But even that didn't make it feel realistic enough.

Which brings me to another topic which I think everyone would want. Again like Gold and Silver (creepypasta fans anyone?) I would think that everyone would like them to bring back being able to have your Pokemon follow you around, and seeing as it is now on a more advanced level of gameplay, they would be in 3-D instead of 2-D which, I think, would look totally awesome!

Note: this is my personal opinion so no hate if you don't agree.

PEACE POKÉFANS!

Years
  • I don't know about anybody else but I want a machine to be created (sort of like amie) so you can literally talk to your pokemon.

Like, for instance, a pidove(?) is sad and you don't know why, BOOM, you can speak into the micro phone and ask that question and hopefully they will respond.

I think if the game has that feature that it would, as any pokefan would say, strengthen the bond between you and your pokemon. It would also help make the game more realistic to be able to talk to your Pokemon.

Heart Gold and Soul Silver were close to that, by when you turn around and click your Pokemon that is following you, an icon would pop up above its head. But even that didn't make it feel realistic enough.

Which brings me to another topic which I think everyone would want. Again like Gold and Silver (creepypasta fans anyone?) I would think that everyone would like them to bring back being able to have your Pokemon follow you around, and seeing as it is now on a more advanced level of gameplay, they would be in 3-D instead of 2-D which, I think, would look totally awesome!

Note: this is my personal opinion so no hate if you don't agree.

PEACE POKÉFANS!

Heya! This thread is for discussing the region and what part of the world it'll be based on, not what features you hope will be added to the games. Check out the hopes and speculations thread if you want to talk about what you'd include or bring back to the games (click). Have fun discussing. ^^

Years
  • I know that as much as many want the postgame to go to another region like the Johto games, I do kinda feel it'll be unlikely since it may have been intended as a way to make the Johto games enjoyable because Johto was a very small region. Plus, we always have a feature that's exclusive to a certain region or generation.

Dansparce

The Unbeatable
    Years
  • I'm expecting either an Africa-like continent, or an Australia like continent. This is mostly based off of the concept art of the jeep, but I also think it'd be cool to visit a more "arid" land-mass.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
  • If this region is based off Hawaii, then the games better have a long story line, awesome post-game and lots of new Pokémon, I don't have anything against Hawaii at all, I just don't want a short story line with no post-game and a small amount of new Pokémon (due to the fact that Hawaii is a chain of six or seven islands, that would make it a great post-game region). That sissified, piss weak amount that they gave us in X and Y really pissed me off. Kalos was a beautiful region, but it lacked difficulty and a post-game. I hope the region is based from Australia or the UK, preferably Australia, due to the fact that there is so much they can do to base a region from Australia, so many landmarks, there's a desert, major cities... Jesus Christ, there's a lot they can do! Like they could utilize the Old Melbourne Gaol and make it a haunted, abandoned prison. And the Pokémon... Jesus Christ, we could have a koala Pokémon, a wombat Pokémon and a proper Goddamn Kangaroo Pokémon... Please Game Freak, base this region or the next region off of Australia.

Last edited:

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • Just found out:

The strange souvenir from XY? It is said to be an ornament depicting a pokemon that is venerated as a protector in some region far from Kalos.

Read a Japanese source that claims the strange souvenir to resemble the Merlion instead of a Tiki statue... aaaaannnndddd I was not convinced.

Did some research on the Merlion... and it was a guardian of prosperity according to some legends. The Tikis were closer to Gods in Hawaiian legend. I'm still sticking with Hawaii, but I'm rather intrigued by this discovery.

Years
  • Just found out:

The strange souvenir from XY? It is said to be an ornament depicting a pokemon that is venerated as a protector in some region far from Kalos.

Read a Japanese source that claims the strange souvenir to resemble the Merlion instead of a Tiki statue... aaaaannnndddd I was not convinced.

Did some research on the Merlion... and it was a guardian of prosperity according to some legends. The Tikis were closer to Gods in Hawaiian legend. I'm still sticking with Hawaii, but I'm rather intrigued by this discovery.

I had never heard of the Merlion until your discovery, but it seems like there's so much evidence pointing toward the Hawaiian influence of the region that it seems like we may have already known it even before it was made official.

Back