• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Relationships

Goomy Gumi

Gooey Vocaloid
    Years
    Are you in a relationship?
    Nope!
    Do you want to be in a relationship?
    Nah, not really. There's no time for one for me, and it would likely distract me from my schoolwork.
    How many relationships have you been in?
    Zero hehe.

Controversial?

Bored musician, bad programmer
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 11, 2020
    Are you in a relationship?

Yep. :D And that's literally the first time I've ever been able to say that, so I'm kind of relishing in the fact that I'm not forever alone.

To all you lonely guys out there... it gets better. I promise.

How many relationships have you been in?

In my 17 (nearly 18) years of existence, I've been in 2 - although I never bragged about my first. xD

What were they like?

Well, my first relationship was when I was like 15-ish, and it was purely online. With someone I met on SPPF. Oh ♥♥♥♥, the ♥♥♥♥ing horror. I know. D:
    It was really long-distance; I was in London and she was in Missouri, and after like a month or so I just became really frustrated because I was crushing loads on a girl from my school still and I kept trying to break it off with her because I knew it wouldn't work out, but... she just wouldn't have it. I was basically pressured into staying in a relationship for about 6 months that I never really wanted to be in in the first place.
    And it was purely online. Not fun.

And, well, now...well, since Valentine's Day this year, I've been in the first relationship I've ever had that I haven't been miserable in; this time with another girl from my school. And, well...she's just awesome, really. No other way to describe it. xD
    Like it's only been a month and we're taking it slow, so we're still kind of getting to know each other, but I'm really happy with her, honestly. So yeah, if you've seen my raging depressing posts about my failed love life before, just to let anyone who's in the position I used to be in know; it really does get better. :)

Anyways, I kinda wanted to finish this off with a little bit of advice from what I've learned in the past, comparing how I used to be to what I am now. And I think that if there's one thing I've learned that's kind of helped me get a girlfriend, it's the realisation on my part that getting a girlfriend isn't the magical be-all and end-all that'll solve all your problems. And, say, last year or so, that's exactly where I went wrong; I wasn't entirely satisfied with my life - I had quite a lot of self-loathing - and I thought that getting a girlfriend would just fix everything. But I kind of realised that in order to get someone to love you, you need to love yourself and be satisfied and confident with who you are. What I've learned is that if you live your life the way you want to, getting a girlfriend will happen naturally; if you don't prioritise it and just live to the fullest, you'll find that eventually you will get a girlfriend. So long as you don't make it the be-all and end-all.

I guess it's that age-old cliché that the best way to find love is to stop looking for it. :P

Sorry, just my two cents here..xD idk I came to an epiphany whilst starting to write this post and I just wanted to share it and maybe help people who are struggling the way I was.

Also, one last thing. Just a little motivational quote for anyone too shy to talk to girls and stuff:
    If Internet Explorer can be brave enough to ask you to set him as your default browser, don't dare say you can't ask a girl out.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Being in a relationship depresses me, so I know for a fact that I don't want to have any future ones. Before I learned that it was okay to be single (before I learned that there's such a thing as aromantic asexual), I tried five different relationships. Each one ended on peaceful terms, and each one gave me a new reason why I just don't fit in with relationships. I don't regret them, since each relationship lead me on new adventures and helped me to mature.

I'm much happier being independent, able to do my own thing, without having to think about including another person in my plans.

zakisrage

In the trunk on Highway 10
    Years
    Are you in a relationship? Yes.
    How many relationships have you been in? This is my second relationship. My first girlfriend was named Ariel. She was a very pretty Greek-Australian girl - she's got lovely, wavy dark hair. Gabby, my current girlfriend, looks similar. (I prefer girls with dark, wavy hair and olive skin.)
    What were they like? Gabby and I get along so well. I like that we can speak Arabic to each other. She also really grew to like my religion more than her own - she was raised Eastern Orthodox, but last month she converted to Islam. She uses the name Amira at the mosque, but otherwise she's still Gabby. Me and Ariel got along well, but Ariel didn't play video games - she preferred watching sitcoms (she's a huge fan of Two and a Half Men and How I Met Your Mother). Gabby has more in common with me, and she's a great gamer.

Years
    Being in a relationship depresses me, so I know for a fact that I don't want to have any future ones. Before I learned that it was okay to be single (before I learned that there's such a thing as aromantic asexual), I tried five different relationships. Each one ended on peaceful terms, and each one gave me a new reason why I just don't fit in with relationships. I don't regret them, since each relationship lead me on new adventures and helped me to mature.

I'm much happier being independent, able to do my own thing, without having to think about including another person in my plans.

Hopefully I'm not prodding too much into the issue, and I know that certain people prefer not to be in any kind of intimate relationships, but what about being in one makes you depressed? :c

Back