• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: [Release] AdvanceMap 1.90 / 1.91 /1.92

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2024
    u have to do that in cyclone..its not possible in amap1.9, it also says in the program that it only changes the data

cyclone is a little bit useless in this parts, open cyclone make a save then open it in a hex editor, changing the hex value would change the tile and thats the point, try changing the hex values and when your done, save it..!

The only thing that you gonna do is inserting it to the ROM(of course)..!
    open your hex editor, load up your ROM and serch for an empty space(ff's or 00's) write down the offset(e.g. 00123ABC) then open unZL.GBA,load up your ROM and do "File - load RAW" select the RAW and click write to ROM, uncheck auto abord and fix pointers and change the offset with the new one.. then hit ok. go back to the hex editor, then search for 9C083F08(thats the original offset) before doing anything else, lets remove the first two zero's of the new offset and REVERSE it(e.g. 123ABC -> BC3A12) then change the original offset with that one [don't change the 08](e.g. 9C083F08 -> BC3A1208) save it and your Done..!

This is Mastermind_X was trying to say in his tut..!
    Thx Mm_X..!

Last edited:

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • Um, LuHo can the create new names option be used in AM1.9??

As you can see, the option is also disabled in this Version.

as i have say i the last versions:
    - there are other points where are lists of data.
    - this lists must be incrased also.
    - for worldmap date we have found some lists, but thre must be more of them...

bevor i know all the lists, and there structure i cannot aktivate this option becouse it wouldnt work...

greetz LU-HO

shinygoldash

bagel-meister ;)
    Years
  • I think you should try to make for the next release;

a full world map editor (changing what it looks like not data but just changing )

and when you have linked a script editor in, a box should appear at the bottom of the events box showing what happens in the script.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • AdvanceMapError(2): Cannot read bytes behind end of file! Please contact [email protected]

Yeah, this keeps happening and corrupting data. When I try to load it on VBA, it freezes. What's going on?

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years
  • I think you should try to make for the next release;

a full world map editor (changing what it looks like not data but just changing )

and when you have linked a script editor in, a box should appear at the bottom of the events box showing what happens in the script.

Make AM run the script for you?
    That's absurd

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2013
    AdvanceMapError(2): Cannot read bytes behind end of file! Please contact [email protected]

Yeah, this keeps happening and corrupting data. When I try to load it on VBA, it freezes. What's going on?

Yeah, this exact same thing is happening to me on 2 maps that I have never tried to edit, but need to be edited. Can you help us please?

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • AdvanceMapError(2): Cannot read bytes behind end of file! Please contact [email protected]

Yeah, this exact same thing is happening to me on 2 maps that I have never tried to edit, but need to be edited. Can you help us please?

So, if there is written you should send me a mail, why you don't? ^^

ok....

i cannot say why this ouccure, becouse i don't know what you have do in this moment the error appears. and what you have change on the ROM allready.

the follow inforamtion i need:
    - The error (AdvanceMap Error number if there are one, otherwise the error Message)
    - rom type
    - time/position where in AM this error occure (starting am, open rom, open, map[also need map number(original/changed/new map?)], open blockeditor ......... ?)
    - do this occure also in a clean/new ROM?
    - can you conntact me with ICQ so wie can se together where is the problem....

greetz LU-HO

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 3, 2009
    hey i think advanced map is a great tool.. ive had advanced map 1.90 for a day and while i was changing the map dimensions of a map it decided to delete all of map bank 3 ? :S:S
    very frustrating as i have been working on my a hack for a long time :(

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Well, I'm trying the new version of AMap, and so far it's looking good and I'm sure it'll help everyone. I still have a lot to go to discover all the changes.

Right now I was testing the world map, and since all I need now is to, change the top and some of the bottom layers locations' positions, I had to make use of the "Change on the Routine" (dont worry, I'm testing on a clean FR), and, apparently, there's some kind of mistake on the modified routine, because, before changing the routine, I could change the PosX/Y of the stuff in the Bottom layer without problems (once you opened the world map the hero's head showed up where it was changed), but, after changing the routine, some routes stopped responding to the changes, and they always showed at the top left side of the map, and not only that, it's as if the area where you can move the selector was moved and you could end up with the selector way out of screen.
    As I was testing with a clean FR on a recently started new game, I just could see this happening in Routes2 and 22. However, R1, and the two cities there (Viridian and Pallet) dont seem to have this problem.

Maybe you need to check something in the modified routine, M_X? ;P
    (I dont think I'm doing something wrong, all I did was use the Change routine button, and then, those two routes were messed up while the other stuff remain correct)

Mastermind_X

ASM-Hacker
    Years
  • Oh great. -.-" You're talking about FRUS V1.0 I guess? That's strange. I never had problems when I replaced the routines by my self-made ones. To be honest - I don't even understand what could be wrong since the new routines do exactly what the old ones did, they only are much easier to edit. =\

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Alright, let me write a step by step guide of what I did, in case maybe I have done something wrong...

1-I have started a FR new game till the moment I had the Town Map (still no changes through AMap)
    2-Tested the world map's normality (as there were no changes, everything was fine)
    3-Closed emu and loaded the rom into AMap, opened World Map editor (with the usual Error->Change Routine message)
    4-Went into Map1 and used the "Change Routines" button, then closed AMap
    5-Opened the emu and the changed rom, testing the World Map once again, the results were: Pallet, R1 and Viridian put the hero's head where it should, while R2 and R22 put the hero's head in the top left corner of the map (with that area moving thing I mentioned before)

And nothing more, as you can see, the only thing I did was touching a button -_- (And by the looks of it, some routes mantained the info, while others not)

Well, if more people try to do what I did it'd be interesting to see what results they get. I know the Change Routine is a must, so I want to make sure it wont mess stuff for when I really have to use it. I'm trying on my old FR 1.0 (I'm bolding this phrase so people realize we need to test this Change Routine button)

(oh, by the way, it's not like I need to change the hero's location for the routes, we have that covered, but, since the Top Layer's locations are what worries me... XP)

Last edited:
    Years
  • I have a kind of hard question (that's why I decided not to post it in Simple questions)... I somehow screwed up a map's border width/length, so I re-pointed the border offset to a free space location, but now the border's width/length are still wrong. Whenever I try to enter Proheader mode with that map, I get the following error message:
    temporarywy9.png

Whenever I first turn off Proheader, then view the header, and then enable Proheader again, I can see all the offsets and stuff but I can't edit anything.

So, could anyone please tell me how to edit the border's width and height manually with a hex editor? I've tried many other ways to make the border look right in-game, but none of them has worked (by the way, I'm editing FR Viridian City).

(Btw, I think I screwed it up by editing the map's width/height in Proheader mode with AM 1.82).

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years
  • Alright, let me write a step by step guide of what I did, in case maybe I have done something wrong...

1-I have started a FR new game till the moment I had the Town Map (still no changes through AMap)
    2-Tested the world map's normality (as there were no changes, everything was fine)
    3-Closed emu and loaded the rom into AMap, opened World Map editor (with the usual Error->Change Routine message)
    4-Went into Map1 and used the "Change Routines" button, then closed AMap
    5-Opened the emu and the changed rom, testing the World Map once again, the results were: Pallet, R1 and Viridian put the hero's head where it should, while R2 and R22 put the hero's head in the top left corner of the map (with that area moving thing I mentioned before)

And nothing more, as you can see, the only thing I did was touching a button -_- (And by the looks of it, some routes mantained the info, while others not)

Well, if more people try to do what I did it'd be interesting to see what results they get. I know the Change Routine is a must, so I want to make sure it wont mess stuff for when I really have to use it. I'm trying on my old FR 1.0 (I'm bolding this phrase so people realize we need to test this Change Routine button)

(oh, by the way, it's not like I need to change the hero's location for the routes, we have that covered, but, since the Top Layer's locations are what worries me... XP)

Same here, with 1.0 rom.
    Wasn't aware it worked right on some routes.

Although it doesn't worry me that much - yet.

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • hey i think advanced map is a great tool.. ive had advanced map 1.90 for a day and while i was changing the map dimensions of a map it decided to delete all of map bank 3 ? :S:S
    very frustrating as i have been working on my a hack for a long time :(

What do you mean with Delete all Maps of map bank 3?
    where do you change the map size? (normal-/ profi header view?)

PS: I hoe you have made backups as allbody say it.
    never "test" a new tool if you havnt make a backup.
    PS: perhabs you can use the File name: <romname>.bak be rename it to .gba
    it is a automatet backup that AdvanceMap make befor each open of the Romfile...

I have a kind of hard question (that's why I decided not to post it in Simple questions)... I somehow screwed up a map's border width/length, so I re-pointed the border offset to a free space location, but now the border's width/length are still wrong. Whenever I try to enter Proheader mode with that map, I get the following error message:
    temporarywy9.png

Whenever I first turn off Proheader, then view the header, and then enable Proheader again, I can see all the offsets and stuff but I can't edit anything.

So, could anyone please tell me how to edit the border's width and height manually with a hex editor? I've tried many other ways to make the border look right in-game, but none of them has worked (by the way, I'm editing FR Viridian City).

(Btw, I think I screwed it up by editing the map's width/height in Proheader mode with AM 1.82).

to change the Border height in hexeditor make the "normal/profi header view" thing to see the offsets.
    now take the offset "Map footer offset" go to the Hexeditor at this offset+24 (18 hex) there the border width and height is written (one byte each)

PS: in the original FR eng it would be the Offset $2DE3E4

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2014
    Wunderbar! Absolutely great! Love the improvements!

Just one thing... when will there ever be a "batch tile" paster? I always wanted to be able to just select a bunch of tiles and paste them in with one click. Like let's say a tree. Instead of having to puzzle-together the whole object, why not just make "presets" of various objects and have the ability to select the whole thing and just place it onto the map? Is this possible? Could it be? I'm just throwing ideas around...

but I simply cherish these improvements! You guys are my Pokémon Renegade heroes!

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2010
    Already there. Control + Middleclick.

Simple, useful, wanted, yet undiscovered.

Thank you LU-HO for releasing at least incomplete translation to Slovak, I will complete it within a week.

Cheers!

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • Wunderbar! Absolutely great! Love the improvements!

Just one thing... when will there ever be a "batch tile" paster? I always wanted to be able to just select a bunch of tiles and paste them in with one click. Like let's say a tree. Instead of having to puzzle-together the whole object, why not just make "presets" of various objects and have the ability to select the whole thing and just place it onto the map? Is this possible? Could it be? I'm just throwing ideas around...

but I simply cherish these improvements! You guys are my Pokémon Renegade heroes!

Hi please read the "readme" ...
    there are a set of shortcuts who descripe what you can do with AdvanceMap.

and your question will be answared in the readme also.

greetz LU-HO

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back