• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Religion

Years
    What's your religion now? Is it different from what it was when you grew up? Are you satisfied with it?

I was raised Christian, Catholic at first, and then Methodist when my mom married my stepdad. I was pretty faithful until about college age. Then I stopped going to church. Now I'm atheist. Just plain don't believe there's anything out there. I still have a great respect for religions though. Don't tell my parents. :x

Meganium2342525

Falling Star
    Years
    I'm raised as a Catholic and I don't plan to switch religions for a long time. Being a Catholic brings me closer to my family, and that keeps me happy.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    I'm a Hindu... but I guess I'm like half-atheist in my beliefs. I don't really believe in God... but at the same time, I guess I do think that he does exist... I don't really have one view about religion, lol. :c

EGKangaroo

Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!
    Years
    I was raised in a protestant family. During my childhood, we regularly went to church, so I just accepted the entire religious concept. Only a few years ago I just left the entire religion thing behind me and decided not to care about it anymore. I can largely thank political discussion forums and Carl Sagan videos for that. My parents aren't necessarily strict Christians. They aren't the kind of people who scream out nonsense about non-christians and whatnot going to hell, and thank science for that, though my mother doesn't like it how I have abandoned my religion.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I was raised pretty non-religious. When my parents divorced my mom tried to find a religion that might suit us and we never managed to find one so we didn't bother. Then my sophomore year of high school I transferred to Catholic school, went through RCIA, and got baptized Catholic. For a while I was really gung-ho on Catholicism but I drifted away from it and am now Agnostic.

Hagumi

For a sick boy
    Years
    I was never really raised with a certain religion. My parents are both Christians but they're not very religious in the sense that they never go to church, never say prayers, etc. The only thing I can think of that they've done for me that was religious was getting me baptised. That's about it.

I'm an atheist now and I don't plan on changing anytime soon - unless someone where to show me undeniable and irrefutable evidence that a God does exist. I've told my parents and they're cool with it. In the end, I'm not particularly satisfied or dissatisfied with it; I just don't have any feelings towards my atheism.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I was raised as Roman Catholic but I don't subscribe to any system of beliefs right now.

For a few years as a teenager, I'd convinced myself I was an atheist but I've since come to terms with the fact that I absolutely do not care about religion. I find them interesting to learn about but when it comes to sorting out what I believe about the universe and faith, I get bored. Maybe there's a god, maybe there isn't. Maybe God is good, maybe he/she/it doesn't care, maybe God created the big bang and hasn't checked in since, and maybe there are many gods. I just... don't really care either way because I do not feel it affects me no matter what the truth is. I'm gonna live my life however I want to whether there's an ethereal being watching over me or not and if I was supposed to pick the right religion before death so I could get into the right afterlife... well... there's no guarantee I would've done that anyway so why bother trying at all? :P (Goodness, I sound very jaded and depressed but I swear it's just an overall disinterest rather than some deep reasoning.)

I am not a fan of organized religion or churches, though.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I was baptized in both the Catholic and Anglican churches and attended Catholic school right through elementary and high school, but I was never raised religiously. I pretty much don't believe in any sort of god/don't care for religion at all now. It's not a part of my life and, quite frankly, I think I'm better off without it.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I was baptized Christian Catholic, but thankfully my parents weren't forceful in religion. I'm not religious at all, but I am spiritual. I'm a Pantheist. I don't know if people consider that religion, but it's always good to have a word to describe to someone else!

Nomine

サトセレ
    Years
    I was born, raised, and baptized Roman Catholic and I'm happy with it. My parents weren't overly strict about religion, but we did go to church every Sunday. (And I still do.)

Last edited:

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    So many people on PC have Catholic history, apparently. @_@

I as well was baptized Catholic (at one day old no less), and I've gone through all the sacraments of initiation. I still tell people that I'm Catholic, though it's more for simplicity's sake since I deviate heavily from "traditional" roman Catholic beliefs.

While I still believe in all the basic tenets of Catholicism, I've developed more of a Deistic/Pantheistic approach to them. It doesn't help that I disagree with the current Pope and a basic history class will lead you to realizing that all the major dogma instated after Christ's death had more political than spiritual motives. ._.

For instance: One thing I deviate from my family on is that I believe Heaven is open to anyone, regardless of religion, so long as your good deeds outweigh your bad deeds by a significant margin, and that God is more of a distant observer than anyone that directly interferes with human affairs.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    My religion is Roman Catholic/Christianism (not sure what the difference is between both). I grew up with that religion and I'm currently happy with it.

Her

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2024
    Although I was raised in a Roman Catholic household and I went to Catholic schools, I identify myself as agnostic. But, maybe it's closer to the point to say that I don't care that much about religion anyway. If I go to Hell, whatever. If I end up in the Elysian Fields, that's great. I don't know if there's a god and aside from a little spiritual moment every now and then when I feel like I want to believe in a god, I don't really want to know if there is one. My parents keep trying to convince me to become a Catholic, but I just don't want to.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I'm Roman Catholic. Specifically, just about all I subscribe to can be summed up in the Apostles' Creed.

I believe in God, the Father almighty, creator of heaven and earth.
    I believe in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord.
    He was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary.
    He suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried.
    He descended to the dead. On the third day he rose again.
    He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
    He will come again to judge the living and the dead.
    I believe in the Holy Spirit,
    the holy catholic Church, the communion of saints,
    the forgiveness of sins,
    the resurrection of the body,
    and life everlasting.

I attribute my moral compass to myself, my surrounding, and my upbringing; not my faith.

Reck

?????
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    I was raised in a Roman Catholic family and was pretty satisfied with my religion. After all, religion is a very comforting thing. It's used to quell sadness, ease pain, and extirpate fear. However, when I reached the age of about 14, I started to question the logic that religion used in the bible. This began the time period where I read both the bible and some books on physics heavily. This is also how my interest in Theoretical Physics began, by the way. After reading the bible I decided that, because of the many contradictions the bible presented and the illogical events that were described in it, I would strip myself of faith. I have been an atheist ever since.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I was raised a Christian, though I don't really like going to church. I think that's more of a social thing honestly though, since the last church I attended had a lot of members and I just don't like a lot of people. I also felt uncomfortable with the hypocrites and liars in my youth group. They'd act one way in church and another way outside. I may not have been the most Christian-acting in my youth group, but at least I was honest, unlike others. I believe in God and that Jesus is His son, but I also believe in treating people how a good Christian should treat people, and sadly, I think most people in this faith have forgotten that. And there are just a lot of fakes. If you're gonna act bad outside church, you might as well do it in the church. Come as you are.

Evanlyn

Kidneys! I've got new kidneys!
    Years
    Born Catholic. Raised Catholic. Still Catholic. Yeah, that's about it :P

To summarize my religion; read TRIFORCE89's post up there with the Apostle's Creed.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    I was never raised with any religion in my life - to this day we've never discussed it in my household and I still honestly have no idea what my parents or my sister believe in, if anything. We had scripture lessons at school and I never really paid attention because it was always such boring garbage when an old lady on the brink of death came in to spend half an hour telling us uninteresting stories. I sat there cross-legged on the floor and just played with the carpet lol. So I never really believed, nor did I not believe. It was just something I never thought about.

Then when I was about 11 I had what I have since dubbed my "lol wait a minute" moment and realised that none of it could possibly be true. I never really thought about it much even after that; I just knew from then on that I didn't buy it. Then when I was a little older, 15 or 16, I spent a bit of time reading up on it and confirmed what I already knew: I am an atheist. Then, the more I read, the angrier I became at the terrible things churches do and get away with simply because they're churches.

So tl;dr, I'd say I'm an atheist and an antitheist. I have no problem with people having and holding to their spiritual beliefs, but I don't agree with or approve of organised religion. It's just something I can't abide.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I was raised to be a Christian but I've been an Agnostic for a few years now after a continuing string of disappointments I've began to felt towards the church and mentor I held dear at the time prior to my departure in pursuit of knowledge, I occasionally look into beliefs such as Islam and Bhuddism to name a few but mostly for research purposes to expand my horizon on how other people view the world nowadays so that I can hopefully find a solid sect of codes to live by as I grow older myself.

Back