• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Remakes of 4th gen games.

Would you like to see remakes of fourth gen games for the latest generation?

• Yes, that would be sick!

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • No, let's just move forward.

• Indifferent, I could live with or without it.

• Total voters

JohnnyJ773

Wanderer from Cianwood City
Years
  • Would you like to see your favorite fourth gen games remade for the 5th/6th gen? Like they did with with Heart Gold/ Soul Silver for fourth gen. Maybe like a remake of Crystal called Crystal Clear? Or remakes of Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald and Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. What do you think?

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2015
    >Crystal Remake.

HG/SS Is crystal too, it has all the features, and story from Crystal.

They'd make a 3rd Gen remake first, and they've only just left the DS, which 4th gen was on.
    So, A remake is beyond the horizon for this.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    No because I wouldn't like them to skip 3rd gen remakes....and really the 4th gen games don't need remakes that desperately yet.

Really though I'd rather instead of more remakes we just returned to those regions as new protagonists (like with Black2 & White2)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I don't even want to think about remaking DP before RS. But what gen IV has going for it that previous gens don't is that it still has wifi capabilities. So it just feels less necessary to give them remakes. However, I think a DP remake would do them some good. As of now, it seems the least fave gen is gen IV (however DURING gen IV, everyone hated III and loved II. the love moved to III and the hate moved to IV. weird how that happens, right?), but I really think remaking it would give us a chance to have those flaws fixed and enjoy DP. However, if we're gonna remake them, I'd prefer that it be Platinum, or at least incorporate things from Platinum, like the regional dex.

HGSS are remakes, and like I always say when people think we should remake FRLG, why would you remake a remake? Just no.

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
    Years
  • Ok, being honest, 4th feels far to recent to need remakes just yet. R/S could be so much nicer with remakes. Adding things from Emerald like the HG/SS did with incorporating features from Crystal. Also, saying that, having a chance to hear that great music in higher quality sounds pretty darn nice to me. (As long as they don't try going techno on us or something.)

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Honestly I don't think Gen IV needs a remake just yet. It's already pretty advanced with its wi-fi features and seeing as HG/SS is already a remake, is it necessary to remake it again? I don't think so honestly, despite how great the games were to play and besides what is their to improve on other than adding a 3D effect, or moving it up to the 3DS? I like HG/SS the way it is so far, so I don't really feel the need for a remake.

Also I agree, R/S would have a better-looking remake in general! Also I'm not exactly sure on what I think of D/P/Pt getting a remake, I guess they're already advanced enough. In general, even though I love this generation I don't think we need to see remakes just yet.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • I don't think we need remakes of 4th gen right now. Maybe in like 10 or so years, yes. But I don't see why they have to make a remake of them. R/S/E might not be remade at all, I've got my pros and cons if they're going to be remade but that's another topic.

IF they're going to have remakes of older Pokemon games, R/S/E soon or in the coming years and D/P/Pt will be in like 10 and more years.

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2013
    In all seriousness, they're remaking everything after every 2nd generation, right? After 6, we can expect RSE, right? 8 can give us generation 4 remakes.

Shadowraze

ur mum
    Years
  • I don't think they will ever make a 4th gen remake. Since I think everything has been accomplished in DPPt.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    I think that they will come by remaking every game, but only if it comes in demand. The R/B/Y games were remade because it became clear that the fans started missing them since they couldn't do the new and advanced things in R/B/Y. Same reason the Johto remake, everyone was extremely insistent to see a game with two regions. Now the demand has reached Hoenn. Afterwards, it will be only natural to turn to D/P, after experiencing X/Y Graphics and advancements.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • I don't think its entriely necessary to remake HGSS, because well, for the previous reason above; they're already remakes. Diamond and Pearl I can see scoring remakes sometime in the future, but not before RSE get one of their own. (Which, I think is much more needed). I never played RSE completely, so it would be amazing to play through the Hoen region completely for the first time; the improved graphics, gameplay, music etc would also contribute to what (I think) would be a stunning remake to play.

At the moment I can see a few routes the developers of Pokemon could take;
    XY --> Possible VII OR Remake of RSE ---> Possible VII OR Remake of DPPt

Years
  • I'm sure if Diamond/Pearl remakes came before any Ruby/Sapphire ones, there'd be a lot of unhappy people, considering you can still play D/P on the 3DS.

It doesn't mean I think it won't happen, though. If the franchise is still going strong in 5 years time, I expect we'll see the remakes on the 3DS's successor in either the 7th or 8th gen. I don't think we'll see a remake of HG/SS though, since we'd probably need FR/LG remakes before that, and I'm sure people are sick of Kanto at this point (unless it sees some big changes or additions).

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
    Years
  • Like many people in this thread, I feel it is unnecessary to make remakes of DPPt for the 3DS, at least in this point of time. Compared to RSE, they are more recent so there's really no point if you can just go out and buy a cheap used copy of DPPt. Remakes may or may not come sometime in the future, just not the near future.

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2013
    Like many people in this thread, I feel it is unnecessary to make remakes of DPPt for the 3DS, at least in this point of time. Compared to RSE, they are more recent so there's really no point if you can just go out and buy a cheap used copy of DPPt. Remakes may or may not come sometime in the future, just not the near future.

The bad thing about games in the main series, is that while they are relevant, they rarely drop in price. Kanto and even Johto are more mainstream than 3rd and 4th generations, so I'm not sure if we will get remakes or not. I'd like to see a game where there's multiple regions, like gold, except maybe change it up a bit, like being able to choose which region to start. Just something different than the other main series games.

SoulSilver10112

George the Poliwag
    Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2013
    I would prefer the remakes in a later Generation, Gen VI seems too early. I would love to see the remakes later on, though.

Navy Blue

Artist
    Years
  • D/P, too early.
    I don't like waiting either, but us 3rd gen ppl have been in line longer.
    Maybe in Gen. 7 or higher, but it would be cool to see Dialga in a new perspective when the time comes.

Years
  • I would like to see a Diamond & Pearl remake, but since Hoenn has been in demand lately maybe they'll presumably make a Ruby & Sapphire remake with the new 3D graphics from X & Y.

Maybe when a 7th Generation rolls around they might do a Diamond & Pearl remake then.

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2021
    I've seen some shops selling off their last copies of Diamond and Pearl, DP remakes won't be coming for a while. Hoenn won't come for a bit too, because it isn't hard to find copies at the moment, also those that held onto their Lite/DS can still play GBA games with their DS. When the next non-DS software comes we will get a Hoenn re-make.

Back