• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
  • How do I get a pokemon with a specific nature and 31 IV on a stat?

1. You can randomly breed until you get the nature and IV you want (not very successful)
    2. You can randomly breed until you get the female pokemon with the nature you want, then breed it with a male with the IV you want (better than #1)
    3. You can breed it with a Ditto with the nature you want until you get the IV you want (better than #1, easier than #2 but success rate about the same)
    4. You can breed it with an RNG'd Ditto with the nature you want (preferable)
    5. You can breed a female with the nature you want with a male in the same egg group with high IVs (preferable)

StaticGrafix

Expert Bug-type Trainer
    Years
  • What are the best unexpected legal attacks, type wise, and the pokémon that uses them?

Example: Ninetails using Energy Ball FTW

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Okay, well I'm bored so I'm starting battling again....

anyway...

1. I saw the B/W server is on Pokémon Online, do we use that (pkmn online) or Shoddybattle for Gen IV battles?
    2. If so, how do I access whichever server we use? If it's on Pokémon Online, I could do with instructions on how to get that as well please.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
  • Pokemon Online is much better than Shoddy now-a-days (It has all generations). It can be downloaded here:

https://pokemon-online.eu/

Just click the download link at the very top of the page and it shouldn't take long. Afterward, click "Go Online" I think and then there's a bar at the bottom that says "Advanced Connection".

In that bar put: 72.76.35.44:5080 and press enter or click Connect. That should lead you the Pokecommunity server. :) You can also just double click any other server from the main menu and you can battle people there.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Thanks for the instructions but.....isn't that the Black / White server? Or do people do all generations?

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
  • Well you can do all generations. You can probably go on the smogon server and look for a Gen 4 battle as I'm sure some people don't want to play Gen 5 just yet.

If no one battles you on PO, try Shoddy I guess.

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
    Years
  • Porygon-Z @Chople Berry
    Ability: Download
    Nature: Modest(+SpAtk, -Atk)
    EVs: 252Def/252SpAtk/4SpDef
    ~Nasty Plot
    ~Charge Beam
    ~Ice Beam
    ~Psychic

Your Porygon-Z is quite frankly pretty bad. Why would you need Charge Beam when you have Nastly Plot and access to Thunderbolt? Why would you have Psychic when you have STAB Tri-Attack? Also, I don't really see what you're trying to get at with a "bulky" Porygon-Z, because Porygon-Z is very frail. Chople Berry isn't doing much justice for it, as Porygon-Z's actual counters are not usually Fighting types, but usually Bronzong, Scizor, and Tyranitar. Timid nature is also a lot better than Modest for outspeeding Adamant Lucario and max speed Rotom-A. So scrap your set and go with the standard Nasty Plotter.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • Pokemon Online is much better than Shoddy now-a-days (It has all generations). It can be downloaded here:

https://pokemon-online.eu/

Just click the download link at the very top of the page and it shouldn't take long. Afterward, click "Go Online" I think and then there's a bar at the bottom that says "Advanced Connection".

In that bar put: 72.76.35.44:5080 and press enter or click Connect. That should lead you the Pokecommunity server. :) You can also just double click any other server from the main menu and you can battle people there.
    Since the last simulator I played was NetBattle... wow, things seem so much flashier now.

I guess I'll try this out too, since BW's random wi-fi battle has been disconnecting me so damn often.

[edit]
    And I hit my first wall already.
    I don't remember the names of moves, natures and even some Pokemon in English.
    Better get used to this fast.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2011
    I got myself into a little problem here. I was just training an Aron just know but he got the pokerus in the middle of it. It kinda messed up my calculation :(

I was just asking, if i'm holding a power item (in this case, power anklet) and has pokerus, will it also double the EVs i gain from the item or will it only double the EVs i gain from the pokemon i defeated?

Also lets say that i gave my pokemon 255 speed Evs (i know that the last 3 are redundant) but has yet to give him 255 attack Evs. i know that 255 is the max EVs that count when training, but if i defeated a pokemon that gives speed Evs after that, would that waste the Evs that i planned for attack?

I use a different way to calculate how much EVs my pokemons have, and then when my Aron got Pokerus right in the middle of the EV training it completely messed up my calculation. That's why i would like someone to answer these questions i have.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • First off, congrats on naturally getting Pokerus.
    But in your case it seems like more trouble then good.
    I got myself into a little problem here. I was just training an Aron just know but he got the pokerus in the middle of it. It kinda messed up my calculation :(

I was just asking, if i'm holding a power item (in this case, power anklet) and has pokerus, will it also double the EVs i gain from the item or will it only double the EVs i gain from the pokemon i defeated?
    Power-type item without Pokerus: n+4
    Power-type item with Pokerus: (n+4)*2

Also lets say that i gave my pokemon 255 speed Evs (i know that the last 3 are redundant) but has yet to give him 255 attack Evs. i know that 255 is the max EVs that count when training, but if i defeated a pokemon that gives speed Evs after that, would that waste the Evs that i planned for attack?
    EVs cap out at 255, so any EV you gain in that category beyond 255 won't be gained.
    You won't "waste" any.

I use a different way to calculate how much EVs my pokemons have, and then when my Aron got Pokerus right in the middle of the EV training it completely messed up my calculation. That's why i would like someone to answer these questions i have.

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • And of course the widespread 70 base Hidden Power Rock! ;D

On the bright side, Gen V introduced a rock-type attack called "Knock Down" or something, which is 100% accurate (<- win win win win win), and makes the victim grounded. lol levitate, fliers etc etc. It's only base 50 power though, but IT ALWAYS HITS, so it's way better than stone miss in that regard.

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
  • Okay battling type dudes and dudettes, I have a dilemma. I recently caught this little beauty right here:

Shiny Latias
    Nature: Timid
    IVs: 27/11/12/2/15/30
    Hidden Power Fire (67 base damage)

Special Attack IV aside, this Latias is just about the greatest thing since sliced bread, but here's the problem: I don't know what to do with her. Since Black and White are coming out soon, I'm worried about building her for the current metagame as an Uber: what if she goes back down to OU when Gen V comes out?

Next is her EV spread. Smogon recommends 112 HP, 204 Sp.A, 192 Spe. The problem with this is twofold: first, her Special Attack IV sucks. So I figured that I should beef that up more instead of her HP, but I'm thinking of running a set with Calm Mind, which seems to make Special Attack EVs a bit pointless. The second problem is that speed: why is it that exact number? If anyone can offer some explanation for this, it would be great.

In closing, I guess I'll offer what I have right now and ask for some constructive criticism. I really, really want to train this Latias correctly. I'll offer a few sets, one for Ubers and a few for possible OU.

Uber Setup

(Bulky Special Sweeper)
    Glass (shiny Latias) @ Soul Dew
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 64 HP, 252 Sp.A, 194 Spe
    Calm Mind
    Dragon Pulse
    Hidden Power Fire
    Recover/Thunder

B/W OU Setups (these are all fairly similar)

Bulky Special Sweeper
    @ Life Orb/Leftovers/?
    EVs: 40 HP, 252 Sp.A, 218 Spe (speed to outrun Zoroark? If not same as Uber setup)
    Calm Mind
    Dragon Pulse
    Hidden Power Fire
    Recover/Thunderbolt/Grass Knot/?

Special Sweeper (straight up special attack blasting)
    @ Life Orb/?
    6 HP, 252 Sp.A, 252 Spe
    Calm Mind
    Dragon Pulse
    Hidden Power Fire
    Recover/Thunderbolt/Grass Knot/?

Swift Tank (this set depends on Calm Mind for power and HP+Recover for survival)
    @ Life Orb/Leftovers/?
    252 HP, 6 Sp.A, 252 Spe
    Calm Mind
    Dragon Pulse
    Hidden Power Fire
    Recover

Years
  • What's the best EV spread for Careful Regirock with Curse?

252 HP/4 Attack/252 Special Defense?

NVM, I got one now. :bandit:

Last edited:

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • Suggested Stats for Battle Frontier

Hello there. I want to know what stats you'd recommended for the Battle Frontier @Level 50 and then overall Pokemon Battle scene, like Wi-Fi Battles. I want to know what will be the best value for:
    Hit Points
    Attack
    Defense
    Special Attack
    Special Defense
    Speed

This is for future reference as I'd like to have my Pokemon Black team be the best they can so the Battle Subway won't be too hard. I understand that stat values vary between Pokemon and I will also train them according to their needs and moves I give them.

For example, my Zuruzukin will be trained in Attack, it's strong point, and will get Physical moves. Since it's immune to Psychic types, I don't need to train it's Special Defense so much. However, it's Defense will need to be trained as it's weak to Fighting and Flying types. Also, I train all my Pokemon's Speed which begs me to ask; what Speed value is recommended? I think 100 at each value (obviously HP will surpass that) should be fine.

One last thing, are my current Pokemon's stats in Heart Gold fine? They are in the spoiler tags. These are there level 50 stats. unfortunately I only tried them in speed, and ignored everything else, my bad.
    Spoiler:

Thank you! :)

Back